Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I haven't posted on here in awhile. I've had a hectic 3 months, but I'm hoping things are starting to get back on track now.

I see that you're discussing the red flip flops that Brittanee had traveled to Bluewater Resort to retrieve from Peter. Earlier in the day on April 25 Britt and the ROC crew had gone to the beach. As the story goes, B either left the flops at the beach (and PB grabbed them to give to her next time he saw her) or she rode in his car and accidentally left them behind. I'm not sure which of those scenarios is true but regardless they ended up in Peter's car. We had some pretty in depth conversation here on WS regarding whether PB had left the flops in his car when he got to his hotel or if he had brought them up to his room. I haven't heard confirmation one way or the other. There are a whole slew of possibilities if they had been left in the car and B had to leave the hotel and walk into the parking lot. I can't remember how far back we had this discussion but it's here somewhere.

All of that said, some people have pointed out (I think PB is included) that B is holding something in her hand as she exits the BW and that it could possibly be the red flip flops. IF that is the case then that would lend credence to the theory that he brought them to his room instead of leaving them in his car.
Thanks so much for mentioning this. I only remembered reading that Britt had been to a few night spots with the male friends, so I was totally lost trying to connect how her flip flops ended up in their possession--whether located in their vehicle or their room.

I did a quick search and came up with the following W/S thread (and I'm sure there are others); beginning with post 1091, page 73. Also, see 1140 (pg 76);1142 (pg 77) and 1156, 1157, 1158 and 1159 (pg 79).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...=8721000&highlight=red+flip+flops#post8721000

I favor the thoughts that Britt may have been carrying her pink cell phone in her hand, but she could have easily tucked flip flops in her bag. I think I can see something red in her right hand.

Britt Leaving.jpg

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I only remembered reading that Britt had been to a few night spots with the male friends, so I was totally lost trying to connect how her flip flops ended up in their possession--whether located in their vehicle or their room.

I did a quick search and came up with the following W/S thread (and I'm sure there are others); beginning with post 1091, page 73. Also, see 1140 (pg 76);1142 (pg 77) and 1156, 1157, 1158 and 1159 (pg 79).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...=8721000&highlight=red+flip+flops#post8721000

I favor the thoughts that Britt may have been carrying her pink cell phone in her hand, but she could have easily tucked flip flops in her bag. I think I can see something red in her right hand.

View attachment 105594
That video is very haunting and sad, isn't it?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I recall hearing about the flip flops somewhere before (can't recall where), but the interesting "new" information to me was the apparent acknowledgment of a connection between TB and ST. In his prior interviews DT always insisted he didn't know Brown, but no one else had followed up on that with questions about possible connections to the father. Since the statement given by Brown made it clear he was at the "stash house" to see ST (purportedly to make some transaction) it makes sense that he was better known to the father (and possibly the brother), and may have simply been one of a string of associates that DT saw come through there but didn't know directly. I doubt this was news to the FBI, but you never know.

I agree, and just want to add my thoughts on how ST changed his stance. First, Steph Watts has followed this case for many years and close to the family. So obviously there is no doubt this case is close to his heart as many of us feel but maybe more so for him for a number of reasons. He knows this case inside-out, he's a professional & having researched this case over the years,was able to ask the right or informed questions perhaps. I thought it was very interesting how quickly DS answered and through in another relative. I think it is also possible, where DS is being squeezed. I think in late Aug. or Sept. his lawyer was looking to make a deal of some kind after the FBI re-opened the McD. shooting case. Oh, let's not forget how DS ratted his dawgs out on that.

So on June 2nd a few days before the FBI went forward with the press conference, DS posted an open post with a pic of "poison's snake" with IMO a threatening caption IMO. https://www.facebook.com/dashaun.taylor.37?fref=ts

Been following missing children and women cases for many years and I must say that this case is one of the most frustrating cases I've followed. I'm so frustrated because I feel that people in this tiny community are deliberately keeping their mouths shut because they simply don't have the guts, moral ethics or that they are on the same parallel as the cold blooded, Neanderthal murderers who committed this atrocious act. I traveled through McClellanville weekly for many years. Always stopped at the General Store at the intersection. Believe me, nothing happens in this area that isn't gossiped about. I'm totally disgusted with anyone keeping quiet just to keep their Town's dirty secrets from coming out.

Been following missing children and women cases for many years and I must say that this case is one of the most frustrating cases I've followed. I'm so frustrated because I feel that people in this tiny community are deliberately keeping their mouths shut because they simply don't have the guts, moral ethics or that they are on the same parallel as the cold blooded, Neanderthal murderers who committed this atrocious act. I traveled through McClellanville weekly for many years. Always stopped at the General Store at the intersection. Believe me, nothing happens in this area that isn't gossiped about. I'm totally disgusted with anyone keeping quiet just to keep their Town's dirty secrets from coming out.

I share your frustration over the unwillingness of people to come forward, although I believe most of those with the information the authorities need either live in the South Santee area where the T's live, or from surrounding areas (TB is from Waterboro), not necessarily McClellanville itself. There are certainly plenty of online articles and postings from people in that little town expressing sadness over Brittanee's tragic fate and sympathy for her loved ones, while also showing the frustration of living in a place that is now forever associated with such a horrific crime. When the FBI held the news conference there in June and stated "we know people saw her during her time here" I think it was natural to assume they were talking to the people of McClellanville (while also mentioning Georgetown and North Charleston). Looking at it now, I believe they were talking to people specifically who had dealings with ST at that house, and who saw BD there. People who perhaps had enough human decency to refuse to participate in the abuse that was occurring, and people who may still harbor some sense of guilt or remorse over the death of an innocent girl. It seems as though there were a number of tips very early on which pointed to the T's as POIs, some of which may have come from people in McClellanville, but there was always that "missing link" that kept arrests maddeningly out of reach. With all the "sightings" and other false leads at that beginning, we'll probably never know if any of those accurate tips came in early enough to have made a difference. The authorities have been waiting a long time for those people to come forward, so I think, sadly, you are correct when you say they don't appear to have the courage to talk, lack the morals to care, or are simply cut from the same cloth as those who abducted, assaulted and murdered her. JMHO, of course.

I feel that people in this tiny community are deliberately keeping their mouths shut because they simply don't have the guts, moral ethics or that they are on the same parallel as the cold blooded, Neanderthal murderers who committed this atrocious act.

I have to disagree, I think people are keeping their mouths shut because they are terrified of the repurcussions IMO. Like you said, It's a small town, The taylors would soon find out who ratted them out and they'd want revenge for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree with Ruby, lonetraveler, QPRfan, Dee10 & Truth Prevals, I believe it's a combination of fear, loyalty & a lack of trust LE will protect the ones who are willing to speak the truth.
None of these reasons are helping and it's beyond frustrating.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In these peoples' circles, being a snitch is worse than being a kidnapper, rapist, and murderer and I believe that is the root of the problem LE is facing.

In these peoples' circles, being a snitch is worse than being a kidnapper, rapist, and murderer and I believe that is the root of the problem LE is facing.

Bada bing
Snitches get stitches mentality has got to change.

When I was trying to get the name of my abductor, I was met with a large brick wall, and these were my friends. I just could not understand, the guy is a menace and before he got hold of me he shot his gf in the head and killed her. He got away with that too.

Thus the need for the Feds to use the relatively unusual legal tactic of re-charging the McDonalds robbery in Federal court. I just hope the US Attorney is willing to go the distance on this, and they put him away for as long as possible. Maybe a few years in federal prison will refresh DT's memory.

I totally agree. Disgusting how people who will pledge loyalty to one of their own and most likely feels that it is an honor to do so, have absolutely no problem that the person they are protecting tortured and murdered an innocent girl.

I have to disagree, I think people are keeping their mouths shut because they are terrified of the repurcussions IMO. Like you said, It's a small town, The taylors would soon find out who ratted them out and they'd want revenge for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's why I included in my post that they did not have the guts to come forward. They have every right to be terrified. It's going to take a brave person to do the right thing and stop the terror and the hold the guilty slime holds over this area. If no one steps forward, the murderers will just continue to terrorize and kill.

Couldn't sleep last night. Was thinking a lot about Brittanee and this case. Hoping 2017 is the year justice is finally served.

That's why I included in my post that they did not have the guts to come forward. They have every right to be terrified. It's going to take a brave person to do the right thing and stop the terror and the hold the guilty slime holds over this area. If no one steps forward, the murderers will just continue to terrorize and kill.

It's sad, but ultimately that's probably what is stalling the case. It's a small town, generations and generations of folks born and die there...tight knit, deep rooted community and no one wants to live in fear for many years to come.

It's sad, but ultimately that's probably what is stalling the case. It's a small town, generations and generations of folks born and die there...tight knit, deep rooted community and no one wants to live in fear for many years to come.

Why don't they move? Come forward, get a real job and get a real life instead of hanging around stash houses where women are gang raped against their will, living in fear?

This year has done nothing for my faith in humanity. Hopefully 2017 will be better.

New article on Brittanee from PEOPLE, includes video of interview with mother, Dawn Drexel:

The agent testified at a federal detention hearing for Taylor to determine whether he should be freed as he awaited trial on unconnected federal robbery charges.

Taylor has not been charged in connection with Brittanee’s disappearance and has denied all involvement.

[...]

Taylor has said in media interviews that he was in school when Brittanee vanished and that he did not have anything to do with her disappearance or death.
http://people.com/crime/brittanee-drexels-2016-mother-dawn-interview/

There was so much hope in 2016 that there would be a resolution for Brittanee. I feel like that has happened so many times in this case. I truly hope 2017 brings some part of Brittanee home, answers for her family, and long overdue justice for every monster who did something to Brittanee and/or knows anything about anyone who did.

There was so much hope in 2016 that there would be a resolution for Brittanee. I feel like that has happened so many times in this case. I truly hope 2017 brings some part of Brittanee home, answers for her family, and long overdue justice for every monster who did something to Brittanee and/or knows anything about anyone who did.

I know the ups and downs of this case have been going on for such a long time. How much longer will it take to get this little sweet girl and her family the justice they deserve. It seemed the year of 2016 had promise but now nothing. Something just has to change. How can these people keep getting by with murder. What will it take? Is there not one person with a conscience in that community. Be a hero. Blow the whistle. If you know who did this and remain silent then you have blood on your hands too. Help this family.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member