Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: the Google shots.

I moved to SC the months previous to the '07 shot. The South was in a major drought, and it had been a very hot Summer, in fact it was in the high 90's at the end of September. It's a grainy shot, but one can see any small bodies of water in the area would have been smaller than normal. I remember the man-made lakes Upstate were real bad, down many feet, in fact a few were down over 30 feet. One co-worker had a cottage on one of the lakes (near Greenwood) had gators in it, and that's a substantial distance from the coast for gator activity. The theory about their movements was they were desperate to find any water to live near to.

Based on the sifter attached to the back hoe it reminds me of the holly bobo search. I think there is a strong shot they were looking for a burn pit.
Does anyone know how long the authorities were there working before media got wind of it, and whether they took dirt away? If they took Brittanee to that site first, I can see somebody chucking that phone into the woods. It wouldn't fly very far in that heavy brush so the area they cleared would be plenty. I tend to think the FBI have a few of her belongings. I think they also have her DNA. They just don't have her body. Hopefully that is coming

What if they discovered part of her body? Going from memory I remember a horrific comment on a media post that she may have been decapitated, I hate to even type this.

On another note, I live in the county and I am chilled to think that sex traffickers were operating here.

I believe they started their digging on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I wondered if the heavy equipment was brought in to "repair" where they had dug and searched.

All moo

View attachment 113730

I circled a couple of possible ponds from the 2010 image. The larger one to the west appears most often in GE imagery. The smaller feature to the east, not so much. Is that where they were searching?

Can you make out what is between the eastern pond and the Foxfire pin? Is that just road top? I don't think it shows up in the other photos.

Does anyone know how long the authorities were there working before media got wind of it, and whether they took dirt away? If they took Brittanee to that site first, I can see somebody chucking that phone into the woods. It wouldn't fly very far in that heavy brush so the area they cleared would be plenty. I tend to think the FBI have a few of her belongings. I think they also have her DNA. They just don't have her body. Hopefully that is coming

I think they started searching on Friday. Breaking news didn't come out till Saturday afternoon.

View attachment 113730

I circled a couple of possible ponds from the 2010 image. The larger one to the west appears most often in GE imagery. The smaller feature to the east, not so much. Is that where they were searching?

I'd agree to those being ponds.

In this drone video of the search it seems they were closer to Diamond Lane then the possible ponds. IMO.

http://abcnews4.com/news/videos/drone-video-of-brittanee-drexel-search-in-georgetown-county

This drone video shows the area off Foxfire Court in Georgetown County where the FBI is searching in connection to the Brittanee Drexel case.

And regarding this article http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article141108868.html

... these few snippets... ***disclaimer, these folk have not been directly linked to Britt's case***

Four Columbia men, facing federal sex trafficking charges
Da’Shun Shukur Curry, 24, Kerry Ontavic Taylor, 23, Howard Alli Parker, 25, and Ryan Shaquon Turner, 24, were arrested by U.S. Marshals in Georgetown County on Friday afternoon.

Each are accused of working with others to force minors and women older than 18 into the commercial sex trade.
Others charged in the case are Damon Taquan Jackson, also known as “Daddy Frost;” Tremel Black, aka “Sincere;” Bakari Shahid “Bizzle” McMillan; Desmond “Six” Singletary; Robert “Kareem Banks” Black; and Corey Orentheses “Clow” Miller, also known as “OG P.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article141108868.html#storylink=cpy

What if they discovered part of her body? Going from memory I remember a horrific comment on a media post that she may have been decapitated, I hate to even type this.

On another note, I live in the county and I am chilled to think that sex traffickers were operating here.

I believe they started their digging on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I wondered if the heavy equipment was brought in to "repair" where they had dug and searched.

All moo

Up until I'd caught wind of this case, I always thought MB was fairly safe. Looks like there have been several confirmed abductions there since at least the 90's, and quite a few attempted abductions.

LE were leery regarding any sex trafficking theories in this case, and I'd imagine it's because the powers that be in Myrtle Beach wouldn't want the tourism industry there affected. Tourism also happens to be South Carolina's biggest industry.

I understand that a certain biker gang runs a lot of MB. Just an FYI.

RE: the Google shots.

I moved to SC the months previous to the '07 shot. The South was in a major drought, and it had been a very hot Summer, in fact it was in the high 90's at the end of September. It's a grainy shot, but one can see any small bodies of water in the area would have been smaller than normal. I remember the man-made lakes Upstate were real bad, down many feet, in fact a few were down over 30 feet. One co-worker had a cottage on one of the lakes (near Greenwood) had gators in it, and that's a substantial distance from the coast for gator activity. The theory about their movements was they were desperate to find any water to live near to.

I don't know about SC and gator locations but here in Georgia we have gators come up in just about every pond/river/creek and lake around here and we are no where near the east coast.

Most of the gators live inland in lakes, creeks, ponds, and a lot of them are in the rivers. Each year people will get permission from the GA- DNR to snag large gators that can be very dangerous to humans and pets. The large ones are allowed to be killed during that time. In the county next to ours last year several professional gator hunters caught huge gators up to 14 feet in the Flint River.

My brother lives in the same county we do and owns land that butts up with a creek, and he also has two spring fed ponds on his property and he has had to get the DNR to come out twice to get a 5 and 8 footer out of his pond. They came in through the creek. He has a beach built on the land on the creek and when we boat ride we can see several places where gators have been sliding into the creek from the bank. You can even tell when a gator is under the water in certain areas. They give out a distinctive air bubble trail on top of the water.

Gators inhabit all kinds of waterways. Some will stay in the approximate location for years if the food is plentiful. We live about 180 miles from the east coast and we even had a small gator in one of our ponds. The DNR came and relocated him due to him/her not being large. We are not far from two different creeks so he probably made his way through the woods to our place.

I don't think it has anything to do with drought since alligators have always been found inland and away from the coast.

Can you make out what is between the eastern pond and the Foxfire pin? Is that just road top? I don't think it shows up in the other photos.

brittanee_dig.JPGFFct  June10__backhoe_location.jpg

Red circle is approximate location of the backhoe based on the drone vid. It looks like a trailer to me. Looks like two trailers (that are no longer there).

I think they started searching on Friday. Breaking news didn't come out till Saturday afternoon.

"Woods added those law enforcement partners include the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office. The search headed up by the FBI began Friday morning. The investigative activity took place on Foxfire Court, off Highway 521 just outside Georgetown city limits. Investigators left the scene at about 6:40 p.m. Friday, but would not comment on the investigation."

http://m.wmbfnews.com/wmbfnews/db_330822/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=f7HN286E

Up until I'd caught wind of this case, I always thought MB was fairly safe. Looks like there have been several confirmed abductions there since at least the 90's, and quite a few attempted abductions.

LE were leery regarding any sex trafficking theories in this case, and I'd imagine it's because the powers that be in Myrtle Beach wouldn't want the tourism industry there affected. Tourism also happens to be South Carolina's biggest industry.

I understand that a certain biker gang runs a lot of MB. Just an FYI.
I live in SC and have been to MB several times a year all my life. It is a safe place if you take general precautions. It is a dangerous place, like anywhere else, if you have a young girl/woman/child out on the street by themselves.
I called my friend who lives in MB to ask about the biker gang, and he thought it was a joke. He said the only biker gang is when they used to have 'bike week' and some of them still come down for vacation for 'old times sake. I have never noticed a bike gang or anything like it there.
As to the 'gator pit', I've never seen or heard anything about those here. That sounds like a dry pit, dug in the ground, that gators are put into and can't get out of. I've only seen gators in water areas, ponds, waterways, road side ditches that are holding water. The friend said he always thought the "pit' was some local lingo for a pond known to have gators. Some people even feed the gators to keep them around the pond. (that would have to be some nutjobs)
My theory on the new search is: the guy in prison, who first told the story about the stash house and the pit is wanting out of jail. His first story hasn't gotten him out, so he's letting more trickle out. I'm sure he knows if he got out, he'll have to leave the area, cause the family members will be coming for him. LE is probably making it clear to him, unless they get enough to burn the guilty party(s), it's no good.
MB and the state of SC desperately want to close this case, with someone arrested and locked away. I don't think they will stop investigating until that happens. All MOO

O/T

I would see them while running the Riverwalk trail in Columbia when I lived there. Sometimes I'd run by one without realizing it was there until the return trip part of my run, they can be easy to miss, sometimes.

I just found this article and they make it sound like its a very common thing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...488d231bba2_story.html?utm_term=.3edb443c75d0
“Drug dealers like to use them sometimes, because they’re quieter than pit bulls,” she said. “Drug dealers will use venomous snakes or crocodiles or alligators to protect their merchandise.”

and as for Pit and Pond , I know they are very interchangeable words when speaking of alligators at least here in TX

Hi all!

I'm new *second post* so forgive me, but I have quietly following this case and desperately praying she has justice!
But it was until yesterday I couldn't figure out why this case resonated with me and then it hit me! A month prior I had been in MB with my all my friends on spring break. We were 19 and freshmen in college. It's scary to think about because there were a few times when we walked by ourselves or a friend.
I just want her family to give her a proper burial :tears:

*always MOO or random thoughts*[emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads