Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I'm new *second post* so forgive me, but I have quietly following this case and desperately praying she has justice!
But it was until yesterday I couldn't figure out why this case resonated with me and then it hit me! A month prior I had been in MB with my all my friends on spring break. We were 19 and freshmen in college. It's scary to think about because there were a few times when we walked by ourselves or a friend.
I just want her family to give her a proper burial :tears:

*always MOO or random thoughts*[emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Sometimes, these cases are just too close to home :(

Hi all!

I'm new *second post* so forgive me, but I have quietly following this case and desperately praying she has justice!
But it was until yesterday I couldn't figure out why this case resonated with me and then it hit me! A month prior I had been in MB with my all my friends on spring break. We were 19 and freshmen in college. It's scary to think about because there were a few times when we walked by ourselves or a friend.

:welcome6:

:welcome:

Sometimes, these cases are just too close to home :(

Hi! And thank you for the welcome kpetrova_x

Yes, they really can be too close to home. I can't even imagine the agony and emotions her family must be feeling/felt. I know as a mom, I would need to know what happened to my baby regardless of how awful it could be. However, I know hearing what she endured would be unfathomable [emoji17]

Hi all!

Welcome! Same here :( this happened not long after my friends and I had gone to south padre for our spring break. Looking back, I was an idiot. I drank way too much and flirted way too much. There are parts of the trip I don't even remember. Thankfully we were a close knit group that liked to stick together. Even if someone went off from the group it was typically when they were with another member. I can't believe how easy it would've been for something to happen. Her story has always resonated with me because I was her at a time in my life. It's really depressing that as women we have to be so aware of our surroundings and never let our guard down. [emoji17]

Welcome! Same here :( this happened not long after my friends and I had gone to south padre for our spring break. Looking back, I was an idiot. I drank way too much and flirted way too much. There are parts of the trip I don't even remember. Thankfully we were a close knit group that liked to stick together. Even if someone went off from the group it was typically when they were with another member. I can't believe how easy it would've been for something to happen. Her story has always resonated with me because I was her at a time in my life. It's really depressing that as women we have to be so aware of our surroundings and never let our guard down. [emoji17]

Thanks for being so honest...I did some stupid things in my time and things could have gone wrong....but never forget...being fearless is a good thing and belongs to young people....it should never be different....yes there are people who really not ok and you have to keep all your radars open for them but IMO you should never let bad people be your guideline....most people are good...the rotten apples we have to look for....always look for them... feel them...intuition is such a good thing....often we don't listen..... Sorry for this words...but it is really important for me to state that the percentage of real rotten, evil people is not that big....

Thanks for being so honest...I did some stupid things in my time and things could have gone wrong....but never forget...being fearless is a good thing and belongs to young people....it should never be different....yes there are people who really not ok and you have to keep all your radars open for them but IMO you should never let bad people be your guideline....most people are good...the rotten apples we have to look for....always look for them... feel them...intuition is such a good thing....often we don't listen..... Sorry for this words...but it is really important for me to state that the percentage of real rotten, evil people is not that big....
One thing to add....the rule is...always take care of your friends...you come and go together....old fashion maybe but always worked for me and my (girl) friends.....

It is really! I mean my sophomore year in college I left a party after too many shots, drove and somehow ended up in a ditch on the side on I-35!! AND then accepted a ride from some cowboy in a truck! :face palm: my guardian angel was working overtime that night.
Just yesterday I was loading groceries in my jeep and noticed an old truck with some people didn't "fit the area" and I became more on guard and mentally took notes. Maybe I'm more aware-hating using paranoid- because I am on WS, but I don't think it's a bad thing!

I hate even thinking about what all she went through.

"An FBI search of the alligator-infested backwoods of South Carolina has ended without any major announcements.

The three-day search ended Sunday, after investigators combed a wooded area for leads in the case of Brittanee Marie Drexel who was allegedly gang-raped, murdered then fed to alligators in 2009.

'This is where the investigation has taken us,' FBI Supervisory Agent Don Wood said of the quiet rural wooded area near Foxfire Court in Georgetown County, South Carolina, according to the Democrat and Chronicle.

Wood declined to say what evidence, if any, was found, but said the latest search 'did advance the investigation here in the last three days.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arch-ends-quietly-says-FBI.html#ixzz4cknSB8wI

"An FBI search of the alligator-infested backwoods of South Carolina has ended without any major announcements.

The three-day search ended Sunday, after investigators combed a wooded area for leads in the case of Brittanee Marie Drexel who was allegedly gang-raped, murdered then fed to alligators in 2009.

'This is where the investigation has taken us,' FBI Supervisory Agent Don Wood said of the quiet rural wooded area near Foxfire Court in Georgetown County, South Carolina, according to the Democrat and Chronicle.

Wood declined to say what evidence, if any, was found, but said the latest search 'did advance the investigation here in the last three days.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arch-ends-quietly-says-FBI.html#ixzz4cknSB8wI

Advanced has to mean they are going in the right direction? please ?

This made me smile! Thank you! You're so right!

It is really! I mean my sophomore year in college I left a party after too many shots, drove and somehow ended up in a ditch on the side on I-35!! AND then accepted a ride from some cowboy in a truck! :face palm: my guardian angel was working overtime that night.
Just yesterday I was loading groceries in my jeep and noticed an old truck with some people didn't "fit the area" and I became more on guard and mentally took notes. Maybe I'm more aware-hating using paranoid- because I am on WS, but I don't think it's a bad thing!

I hate even thinking about what all she went through.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]all I can picture is that "eight second ride" song when you said cowboy in a truck.

What if they were digging up the septic tank for a trailer? Still thinking!

Here is another link. It says the search is on private property which means they must have had a search warrant. let's hope this search helps find Brittanee.

http://wbtw.com/2017/03/24/fbi-agen...related-to-disappearance-of-brittanee-drexel/

This is similar report to what we had heard some time ago. If even half is true then its her worst nightmare come true.

What I dont understand is if there is an eye witness that saw all that then couldnt they press charges against him to get him to testify against the real culprits.

There has to be some law on the books where you cant legally be sitting in the same house watching someone get raped and pistol whipped and maybe even shot and you sit there and do nothing.

That is a lot of time to go by for all that to happen. Sounds like there has to be some charge that could be brought to force them to testify against others.

So sad.

Hi! And thank you for the welcome kpetrova_x

Yes, they really can be too close to home. I can't even imagine the agony and emotions her family must be feeling/felt. I know as a mom, I would need to know what happened to my baby regardless of how awful it could be. However, I know hearing what she endured would be unfathomable [emoji17]

Ugh, absolutely. What's worse? A painful limbo or a painful truth :( Nothing good will come from what is found other than some closure.

Rant incoming: An article was published about BD in local news site (in Chicago). I stupidly read the comments and incensed myself.
Piously perfect folks, of course, judging her and nastily commenting on "listening to ones parents" - my God, were these people never young? It wasn't cautionary commentary it was downright 'just desserts' for stupidity on the VICTIM!

Ironically, they - and myself I'm sure - are some of those chicagoans staying in a city slowly devolving into violence from north to south, east to west, where gunfire is rampant and crime is elevated to dangerous levels.

Ah, dumb decisions come in so many forms - please God give me the good sense to never blame a teenager for losing her life, and instead to blame to damned perpetrator.

Love you WS. Smack me next time i read those comments. And prayers up that the search did advance the case!

Rant incoming: An article was published about BD in local news site (in Chicago). I stupidly read the comments and incensed myself.
Piously perfect folks, of course, judging her and nastily commenting on "listening to ones parents" - my God, were these people never young? It wasn't cautionary commentary it was downright 'just desserts' for stupidity on the VICTIM!

Ironically, they - and myself I'm sure - are some of those chicagoans staying in a city slowly devolving into violence from north to south, east to west, where gunfire is rampant and crime is elevated to dangerous levels.

Ah, dumb decisions come in so many forms - please God give me the good sense to never blame a teenager for losing her life, and instead to blame to damned perpetrator.

Love you WS. Smack me next time i read those comments. And prayers up that the search did advance the case!

I agree with you so much. A teenager made a mistake and paid for it with her life. I don't even like to think about what she went thru. That age just wants to live and have fun. they don't think about what could go wrong. How many high school and college age go out, drink too much, get separated from their friends, or find out that their friends are really not their friends. I think about Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, and same thing, God only knows what those 2 went thru before their death. Parents need to show this to their teens, not to scare them, but to try and make them aware of what can go wrong. No guarantee that they will listen.
Nothing could be worse as a parent than to go thru what all these parents have had to face, the not knowing and the guessing what really happened.
MOO

Myrtle Beach still has bike weeks. Checked the dates in May to see when not to go.

Just an quick FYI - pay attention to local Georgetown & Myrtle Beach media... news crews in the town of g-town w/ lots of police presence. Could be for something else, but we are all on edge here thinking (hoping) this is related to last weekends search.

NOTE : I will update as soon as I know more

Rob, I think your sentiment about showing this to teens to make them aware is so well put!! As teens, they don't think anything bad could/will ever happen just that parents are "overreacting" or what have you. Sadly, this case also really reinforces the message to our children to make sure they know who their friends are and if those friends have their best interest at heart. Does that make sense or is that a phrase only my mother said? :shrugging:

It just enrages me that this ever happened! I hate that there are predators lurking around and I hope one day karma handles it. And as far as the people she was there with...her "friends"...and IMHO this is the part that haunts me is how calloused and uncaring those "friends" acted toward Brittanee and what happened to her!! How can you take a road trip with someone, share a room, take pictures, etc and not care about them??

Sorry for the rant and ramblings :frown: just why her?

ETA: the people she was with may actually be good, decent human beings so what I said was MOO

*always MOO or random thoughts*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members