Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly B went to just pick up flip flops, while at the boys hotel she gets a call or text from the girls telling her to bring the shorts back. She is then seen walking towards the girls hotel but never made it disappearing around 11th street.

Someone clarify if I've got that wrong.

If the girls knew she was just stopping by the boys' hotel to pick up flip flops, why call and ask for the shorts back? Weren't they expecting her back right away anyways? And if one of the girls wanted to wear the shorts that night, why let B leave with them on?

I'd like to know what all went down at the girls' hotel before B left? Did the argument over the shorts start then? Or some other argument? Not ruling out a stranger abduction, but something feels off about the girl asking her to bring the shorts back right away.

This is some interesting stuff. Family Kingdom is the amusement park there at about 3rd South I mentioned earlier, the old Swamp Fox location. I have not heard this story about the 'attempted kidnapping' of a 12 year old, but I do remember hearing this about the guy in the elevator with the two girls. Captain's Quarters is at 9th Ave South.

I do think it was a local. I think all the kids from NY are just dumb or insensitive or both.

She arrived at the boys hotel by herself.

How did she get there? walk or one of the girls dropped her off?

Did she have such problems w/ the girls that she somehow made it to the boys hotel (flip flops as an excuse) in hopes of maybe hanging out with them that evening but was ?turned? away???
Or maybe they told her they were going to a party in a while and would meet up w/her somewhere or if they saw her on Ocean, would pick her up and join them??

All we know is she entered a vehicle somewhere around 11th Ave South where that ping was and then turned around and headed below MB.

IMO, the boys are most likely not involved here. They have an alibi for going to a party immediately after B left the hotel. LE has checked their phone records etc. And seem to be publicly stating that they've cleared them. The girls however....

You KNOW LE has checked them out the same way, but LE has made no statement whatsoever about the investigation into the girls possible involvement. I think LE knows alot about the girls and is not saying anything for obvious reasons. And it doesn't help that the press isn't asking about them, but instead focused on the guys immediately.

I still don't understand why all involved have not been brought back to myrtle beach by authorities! They all need to be brought back to the scene. Makes no sense.

If the girls knew she was just stopping by the boys' hotel to pick up flip flops, why call and ask for the shorts back? Weren't they expecting her back right away anyways? And if one of the girls wanted to wear the shorts that night, why let B leave with them on?

I'd like to know what all went down at the girls' hotel before B left? Did the argument over the shorts start then? Or some other argument? Not ruling out a stranger abduction, but something feels off about the girl asking her to bring the shorts back right away.

I'm thinking the girls discovered the shorts gone and got pissed off and called/texted her. In their anger they decided to go and intercept B on Ocean and things went from there.

Didn't one of her friends live in MB? Which one? I have also wondered why these girls would come all the way down here for spreakbreak. But if one of the girls used to live here or nearby then it would make sense she was familiar with the area.

I wonder if when B was walking back to the girls hotel to return the shorts, they decided to come pick her up. If one of them was familiar with the area maybe they took her out in the middle of nowhere and left her then something bad happened. I would love to know where thoses girls were during 8pm to midnight.

-------------------
I too am suspicious of the girls. I'm also wondering if LE has checked phone records from B's cell carrier to see who she was communicating with on this long walk and after she left the boy's hotel. I'm questioning why she just didn't call one of the boys to come pick her up? Or did she call one of the girls to come pick her up after she left the boy's hotel, because by then, she realized that the walk was just too long. And, did the girls pick her up? Were they the last to see her? It really bothers me that LE have been meeting with each girl separately to interrogate them. Where are the black shorts? Did the girl who owned the shorts decide to go "get" them??

Supposedly B went to just pick up flip flops, while at the boys hotel she gets a call or text from the girls telling her to bring the shorts back. She is then seen walking towards the girls hotel but never made it disappearing around 11th street.

Someone clarify if I've got that wrong.

That is correct except the street cam picture is when she was going towards the boys hotel. Then after that, the cell pings followed back north toward the girls hotel, stopping at around 11th (about halfway back) and then after that the cell pings moved south through Surfside and later near Georgetown.

Added Note:
There are actually two Highway 17 routes, the business route and the 4 lane freeway route further inland. These routes meet up and re-join down around the entrance to Murrell's Inlet and from there south there is only the 17 freeway route. That goes south from Murrell's Inlet, then to the Litchfield area, then past Pawley's Plantation/Island area all before getting to Georgetown. Down that way there are restuarants, some shopping areas, residential areas, golf courses, etc. but it is definitely NOT a college and high school hangout area. Either someone from there, who visited often, or once lived there MUST have had something to do with her disappearance.

The girls however....

Is your hinky meter off the radar with them? Mine is...

Maybe it's nothing, but... I have two sisters, high school and college age, and I have seen how quickly even the sweetest group of girls can turn on one girl. It is scary, really.

I'm thinking the girls discovered the shorts gone and got pissed off and called/texted her. In their anger they decided to go and intercept B on Ocean and things went from there.

---------
Sorry, I posted something along the same lines before I read your post, but hey, I do have the same thought!

Canandaigua is not in Rochester, not even in Monroe County. The school is not in the Rochester school system. It is a small city about an hour south of Rochester on the Finger Lakes (Canandaigua Lake). So sad to hear about this student, but I don't see any connection to this case, at least at this point.

spclk has jogged my memory on this. Ten or so days before Brittanee goes missing. I think the answer lies here folks. This guy is obviously a predator and things didn't seem to be working out so well for him stalking them through the halls of a hotel, so he switches the plan to get one in his car.

"On Sunday, the 14 year old girl says she got onto an elevator at the Captain's Quarters hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach when a man followed her on to the elevator.

She says as soon as the doors shut, the man began to try and sexually assault her. She says she was eventually able to fight free when the doors opened back up and she ran away.

Then on Tuesday, the 12 year old girl reported a similar incident, but this time the man reportedly waited until she got off the elevator, followed her down a hallway and tried to assault her there. She was also able to escape."

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=287583

Again, that hotel is two blocks from 11th Ave South.

Also, the area of Georgetown they are searching is very remote. I just don't believe those kids would have made it that far. It's an area that I, as a hmmmhmmmhmm-something year old woman would be hesitant to drive through at night, much less plan to go there to try to take care of any business of any kind. Not hesitate because of people who would be around but because it is so very desolate and quite frankly, once you go beyond Georgetown city limits, it's spooky in that low-country kinda way. I can't see a couple of self-absorbed hoochie mamas driving down there to dispose of a phone, much less a body.

That is correct except the street cam picture is when she was going towards the boys hotel. Then after that, the cell pings followed back north toward the girls hotel, stopping at around 11th (about halfway back) and then after that the cell pings moved south through Surfside and later near Georgetown.

Added Note:
There are actually two Highway 17 routes, the business route and the 4 lane freeway route further inland. These routes meet up and re-join down around the entrance to Murrell's Inlet and from there south there is only the 17 freeway route. That goes south from Murrell's Inlet, then to the Litchfield area, then past Pawley's Plantation/Island area all before getting to Georgetown. Down that way there are restuarants, some shopping areas, residential areas, golf courses, etc. but it is definitely NOT a college and high school hangout area. Either someone from there, who visited often, or once lived there MUST have had something to do with her disappearance.

I thought that is what I said? The 11th street statement I'm taking from a reporter that claims that's where B was last at before the journey to Surfside. And we don't know if LE is basing that on phone pings. IIRC, phone pings can't ping that close.

Also one of the girl's, JO, supposedly is from the area and is familiar with it.

Is your hinky meter off the radar with them? Mine is...

Maybe it's nothing, but... I have two sisters, high school and college age, and I have seen how quickly even the sweetest group of girls can turn on one girl. It is scary, really.

Yep, I'm a mom of a grown daughter, grown stepdaughter, teenage stepdaughter and a teenage boy. Girls are much more meaner than boys are. And girls will not let minor things go and their reactions are so out of line with the situation. Outrageous reactions to the smallest things. And it always, always, comes down to boys and clothes.

I was a swimteam and water polo mom and let me tell you, the boys hated when they practiced for water polo with the girls because they are so mean.

Canandaigua is not in Rochester, not even in Monroe County. The school is not in the Rochester school system. It is a small city about an hour south of Rochester on the Finger Lakes (Canandaigua Lake). So sad to hear about this student, but I don't see any connection to this case, at least at this point.

I thought the news said it was 25 miles, but I trust you. I wish someone would start talking.

You be correct if those first two times are correct. Where did you get that info? Why would she go all the way to the boys hotel for less than 30 mins?

Those times came right off of the photos from the hotel video. Are we sure that the hotel video is from the boys hotel and not from the hotel where she was staying originally or from the girls' hotel? Who gave the time from the street video? I still have not seen it, it doesn't play from the link.

I'm still considering my theory that she went to the boys hotel to pick up some drugs (pot, whatever) because it was only a quick trip (why bother for a pair of flip flops) and "black shorts" was code for the drugs. The girls used her and wanted her to bring back the "shorts" right away, the phone call was to make sure she got what she was sent over to get, so they could then go and party. In the video she was carrying a fairly large bag/purse. Maybe they gave her money and she couldn't score the drugs and they didn't believe her? There is just more to this whole story than we know. I'm not saying this to put down B in any way, like I said, I think these girls may have used her because she wanted to fit in and she was pretty naive.

Bumping up for TripleA. So was this before or after she left the boys? I'm still confused. Not hard to do....
Myrtle Beach Police have released another piece of video that shows the last known hour of missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. The video show her walking southbound on Ocean Boulevard around eight fifteen in the evening on Saturday, April 25. (more at link)

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10287623

spclk has jogged my memory on this. Ten or so days before Brittanee goes missing. I think the answer lies here folks. This guy is obviously a predator and things didn't seem to be working out so well for him stalking them through the halls of a hotel, so he switches the plan to get one in his car.

"On Sunday, the 14 year old girl says she got onto an elevator at the Captain's Quarters hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach when a man followed her on to the elevator.

She says as soon as the doors shut, the man began to try and sexually assault her. She says she was eventually able to fight free when the doors opened back up and she ran away.

Then on Tuesday, the 12 year old girl reported a similar incident, but this time the man reportedly waited until she got off the elevator, followed her down a hallway and tried to assault her there. She was also able to escape."

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=287583

Again, that hotel is two blocks from 11th Ave South.

Also, the area of Georgetown they are searching is very remote. I just don't believe those kids would have made it that far. It's an area that I, as a hmmmhmmmhmm-something year old woman would be hesitant to drive through at night, much less plan to go there to try to take care of any business of any kind. Not hesitate because of people who would be around but because it is so very desolate and quite frankly, once you go beyond Georgetown city limits, it's spooky in that low-country kinda way. I can't see a couple of self-absorbed hoochie mamas driving down there to dispose of a phone, much less a body.

You are correct about this...I wouldn't venture inland off of Highway 17 at night at ALL! I even tried to go through a variety of activities that someone might have legitimately PLANNED on doing there, but just can't find anything that teens would do on their own. This (http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm) is one DAYTIME activity that people do go to that area for, but mostly a grownup or a family type outing. There just aren't any clubs or restaurants down there that make it worth teens driving 40 miles for when the "real" action is up on Ocean Blvd, for innocent reasons that is!

http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member