Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I got all those addresses and locations, please clarify which hotel belongs to which party. And which hotel was the video taken from of B going in and back out.

TIA

Didn't her boyfriend back in Rochester call her around 9:15 pm and there was no answer....would that be the ping?

Didn't her boyfriend back in Rochester call her around 9:15 pm and there was no answer....would that be the ping?

I believe he texted her, and she never responded to that text, which is what is giving the LE the time frame of something happening to her before 9:15 as she would have texted him back.

And...also would have given the ping...correct!!!

I keep reading this one and wondering if B decided to run away? It seems odd to me that she decided to go away with a bunch of girls that she just casually knows and spends time at the hotel room of a group of guys she doesn't know much better. She has good friends and a BF at home - I think her reason for making this trip could be key here as to what choices she may have made. If she went there to run from her problems she may have gotten in a car with someone with the intent of going to FL to the bio-dad.

Some thoughts I had:
1. Girls switching hotels - possible some of the group was already staying at this hotel and they just roomed with them for the last night?
2. Peter not getting his deposit - not so strange. Last year for Irish weekend in Wildwood, NJ - the deal was your deposit would be refunded within 4 days of your leaving the room in tact. We didn't get our $ when we left.
3. The dynamics with the girls.... it makes me wonder if B was paying for the room. They weren't good friends, she is younger than them all, what made them invite her?
4. Peter and the rest of the boys doesn't make sense - yes I could see them doing something (sex or drugs) and having it go wrong BUT I think if there intent was along those lines they would have picked a girl who wouldn't know them from home.

That would mean that if the times are correct, then either B left the Blue Water and headed south to an unknown location or the reporters are wrng about direction or the times are wrong on one or both of the cameras.

Okay, so I got all those addresses and locations, please clarify which hotel belongs to which party. And which hotel was the video taken from of B going in and back out.

TIA

Refer to my post #98 w/ the map of all three hotels.
A- Bar Harbor 100 North Ocean - girls 1 st hotel
B- Boardwalk Motel -2301 North Ocean - girls 2nd hotel
C-Blue Water Resort- 2001 South Ocean- boys hotel

Video of her leaving a hotel was the boys Blue Water.

That would mean that if the times are correct, then either B left the Blue Water and headed south to an unknown location or the reporters are wrng about direction or the times are wrong on one or both of the cameras.

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to say but knew I couldn't do it in less than 5 paragraphs and without confusing the heck out of everyone. However, I just don't think she headed south. I think one or both of the other two scenarios are the more likely story.

No problem - Horry County has a plethora of creeps to choose from.

Now WBTW/scnow.com 5 PM news just had another piece, just showing about the search in Georgetown today but once again, the reporter Jody Barr says the sidewalk video is the "last known picture of Brittanee Drexel" and this time the anchor does not correct him like the other has done all along. Surely they can look at the position and the surroundings of the sidewalk, shrubbery etc and know which direction she was walking.

BTW, they showed a mailbox address near the search area. I am going to see if I can map it if it is on Hwy 17 to get a better idea of exactly where they are.

FWIW, after B left the boys hotel she headed North towards her hotel, then headed south towards Surfside and then further to Georgetown.

I think the reporters are confused like I was last night. on the north and south addresses which is backwards to me when compared to actual north and south by compass.

Triple A - I finally saw the time on the sidewalk video says 8:15 too. There has been some confusion with the local affiliate if this was BEFORE or AFTER she went to Bluewater. The reporter on the actual video piece will say one thing and the anchor says another as an addendum.

There are so many possible variables with those camera times, I don't want to start spouting them off to confuse the situation even more. Yes, I am a little confused too. :waitasec:

Heck, the only thing I can conclude is that B left the boys hotel at 7:55pm and headed north, at 8:15 she is on video headed North. (I know the reporter said she was headed south, but I think he's confused).

That would make the street video after she left the boys hotel and the last video of her...that we know of....Or maybe I'm still confused? :waitasec:

Here's the video report of the directions and cell ping info provided by TONIA post #454
http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/..._monday/48092/

Here is the interpretation of what this video said in terms of pings and direction
provided by KAT post# 556

Video report says she left 21st AVE South ( and Ocean)
went to
11th AVE South (and Ocean)
went through
Surfside beach
went to
(2 hours later signal picked up at)
US-17 and Hole St.

Here is a MAP that follows exactly what this video says.
pingmapoutoftownBRITTANEEcopy-2.jpg

11 South Ave is actually North of Blue Water (20/21st Ave South). So she headed North towards one of the other two "girl" hotels.

Speculation Only: I am repeating myself on this point, but the ocean side bar at Blue Water is called Flip Flops, so maybe she wasn't actually going to pick up flip flops, but was going to the bar called "Flip Flops" to meet the boys before getting the call from the girls to return the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member