Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11 South Ave is actually North of Blue Water (20/21st Ave South). So she headed North towards one of the other two "girl" hotels.

Speculation Only: I am repeating myself on this point, but the ocean side bar at Blue Water is called Flip Flops, so maybe she wasn't actually going to pick up flip flops, but was going to the bar called "Flip Flops" to meet the boys before getting the call from the girls to return the shorts.

You got it. It's a painful process sorting out the north south is not really north south thing isn't it? I had a splitting headache last night. And thank you for everyone's patience last night in helping me get a grip on that!

I had to crack up over your Flips Flops bar discovery. What are the odds? IMO, I think you might be onto something, because why go all that way just for 5 dollar flip flops?

You know I still have not found a working link for that street video.

Y'all have me lost on the directions which is ok since you seem to have it figured out! With the flip flops I'm not so sure I'd write off her going to the hotel for them unless we're sure they were the cheapies - my usuals are $35+ and have to be ordered online thru a racing shop....

ETA: there's a page full of SO's for Horry and for Georgetown Co's :(
http://services.sled.sc.gov/sor/search.aspx?Type=County

yeah, these kids today do talk in code (example, Casey Anthony)....so maybe Flip Flops was code, since she was underage.

Meanwhile back in Rochester, as far as I know, nobody even had a candlelight vigil for her, which is pretty standard operating procedure these days....very odd.

Ok - I am going to try to explain this without too much confusion.

I saw an address on the news showing them searching along the road etc. I put the address in for Hwy 17 - only hit was up in Murrell's Inlet. But, I also know in Georgetown Hwy 17 AND Hwy 701 are known as Frasier Street, so I searched that and bingo - BUT it was up on 701, not down by the river.

Reinforces my belief her phone did not travel down Hwy 17 from Surfside into the city of Georgetown.

Now on this map, when you zoom in, you will see two routes of 17 - one is 17 Highmarket Street and one is 17 Frasier Street. I'm not sure if many will be familiar but lots of cities do this to route traffic passing through out of the downtown areas of business. So 'Frasier Street' in Georgetown appears to be a combination of Hwys 17-Business and 701.

Anyway - point A is the address I got today from the news and point B is the Pole Landing area south of Georgetown. A lot further north than I was expecting to hit, but again, leads me to believe it was someone heading west of Georgetown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...083,-79.346352&spn=0.126315,0.307617&t=h&z=12

11 South Ave is actually North of Blue Water (20/21st Ave South). So she headed North towards one of the other two "girl" hotels.

Speculation Only: I am repeating myself on this point, but the ocean side bar at Blue Water is called Flip Flops, so maybe she wasn't actually going to pick up flip flops, but was going to the bar called "Flip Flops" to meet the boys before getting the call from the girls to return the shorts.

--------------
Your post earlier about the bar called "Flip Flops" really stuck in my mind. I think you have something there. I questioned on why her flipflops would be with the guys anyway??? Your post makes more sense to me.

Flip Flops

Attachments

• flipflops.jpg
    flipflops.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 64
So if her last ping picked up at US-17 and Hole St. two hours later, and the map shows that the trip from MB to that location is only 1 hour and 9 minutes, that must mean that there was a stop along the way?

I would love to set up a timeline, but I'm so confused with times and locations right now. It seems like the information is all over the place.

Supposedly in the video of her exiting the Bluewater they were able to identify she was carrying something red in her right hand, and the word is it was the red flip flops.

Is it just me or do the facebook photos of B look nothing like the girl walking on the video and into the hotel?? I would have never matched the two. The girl in the video looks much heavier than 102 lbs. I'm sure that the mother can identify her own daughter but there is such a difference between the photos and the video. Are the photos on facebook current? She looks tiny and younger on the facebook photos. I just hope that the most current photos are out there for the public to see.

So if her last ping picked up at US-17 and Hole St. two hours later, and the map shows that the trip from MB to that location is only 1 hour and 9 minutes, that must mean that there was a stop along the way?

I would love to set up a timeline, but I'm so confused with times and locations right now. It seems like the information is all over the place.
---------------
And I would love to see a timeline with times and locations. I know that I am not the one to do it though, but I do know that there are many talented people on this thread who are able to do this......................:)

Anyone else have the feeling she and the phone were not together when some of those pings occurred?

I think I can see possibly flip flops in her hand. I think the video makes her look shorter and squattier.

Brief timeline- we have NEVER heard anything about a time frame for any of the girls. Don't even know what day or time they left for Rochester.

On Sat. 4/25/09 around 7:55 pm (other reports say around8:15) she arrives at boys Blue Water Hotel.

She leaves shortly thereafter within 1/2 hr or so, untroubled, and headed north, believed she was going back up to BarHarbor to return the blk shorts the girls argued over.

9:16 her boyfriend John G. up in Rochester sends a text' and gets no response. ( this may be why LE is saying the 9:15pm time)

LE believes 8:45 to 9:15/16 is critical

Guessing??? the ping at 11 Ave. South is around 9:15pm but that has not been confirmed

Her direction changes from north to south at that point and she heads below MB, through Surfside Beach and 2 hrs later around midnight 12:something 4/25 Sat into Sunday4/26, her last ping is picked up.

Boys leave their hotel late that night for Rochester somewhere between 1am-2am Sun. 4/26. They claim they had gone to a 'college' party after she left. They were watching a baseball game earlier when she came over.

Her roomates must have called her boyfriend in Rochester saying they couldn't locate her, then he called her mother Dawn who was not aware she was in MB. Mother Dawn spoke w/ one of the boys named Peter B who was staying at the Blue Water & maybe??? spoke with to one of the girls???. The mother proceeded to call LE in Rochester who coordinated communications w/ the Myrtle Beach Police. Mother also called a Marine friend stationed in North Carolina and asked him to drive down to MB and meet the police. He filed the Police Report on her behalf.

The Police Report Officially recorded at 4:51 am 4/26/09

In this PDF POLICE REPORT http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf ,
a PDF Version is below.
Look on the 2nd page, near the bottom of the Narrative, you see the girls had moved to the Boardwalk Motel, rm#1435. Doesn't give a date or time of the move.

Because it has NOT been clear in any of the news reports what time the girls headed back to Rochester, it seems like there is a typo in this narrative.
It says, "as of 4/26/09 (Sunday) 5:20PM none of the above had yet heard from her or seen her."

The report was filed at 4:51am on 4/26, so the '5:20pm' on 4/26/09 doesn't make sense.(likely a typo by whoever made entries in the system)

It states the Officer 'telephoned' these contacts and confirmed the same info the Marine had given him-that her 'traveling friends' hadn't seen her since 8pm. That makes me think they were already on their way back to Rochester. You would think they'd be present for the questioning IF they were still in town unless the Officer was lax in his initial investigation and didn't visit them at the Boardwalk Motel. I hope that's not the case.

(ETA just tried the above link for the PDF Police Report and it's not coming up. Thumbnail below has it also.)

Attachments

• drexelreport1.pdf POLICE RPT.pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 34
-------------------
I too am suspicious of the girls. I'm also wondering if LE has checked phone records from B's cell carrier to see who she was communicating with on this long walk and after she left the boy's hotel. I'm questioning why she just didn't call one of the boys to come pick her up? Or did she call one of the girls to come pick her up after she left the boy's hotel, because by then, she realized that the walk was just too long. And, did the girls pick her up? Were they the last to see her? It really bothers me that LE have been meeting with each girl separately to interrogate them. Where are the black shorts? Did the girl who owned the shorts decide to go "get" them??

Sorry if this has been stated already (responding as I go here), but traffic on Ocean Blvd is horrendous. It was probably faster for her to walk than to get a ride.

street view map of last cell ping area on Ocean Blvd:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...152,-78.898603&oi=manybox&ct=14&cd=1&resnum=3

If you turn around on the map and click on the arrows in the middle of the street you can actually "walk yourself" down Ocean Blvd from there to the boys hotel and turn and walk back up to see what its like in the area. I have no idea when this was photographed for google....no traffic at all hardly!!!!

so it's around 8:30 pm on a Saturday night, that street should be jammed with people, cars, etc. so I can't really see anybody just grabbing her and dragging her into a vehicle. That would be too risky to be seen by somebody, don't you think? Course I guess somebody could come up from behind her with a knife and that might go unnoticed.

I had to crack up over your Flips Flops bar discovery. What are the odds? IMO, I think you might be onto something, because why go all that way just for 5 dollar flip flops?

She might have been going to the bar, but I do think if she said she was going to pick up her flip flops, that they were probably just nice flip flops. I've got plenty of pairs of 5 dollar flip flops, but I have a pair of 45 dollar flip flops that I would gladly walk a mile to get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock