Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love it if your theory is true. It's a really nice theory, but it's doubtful.

Going by the prisoner's story, when Britannee attempted to run away, she had already been repeatedly assaulted, so that may have slowed her down. She also may have been restrained, as in her hands tied behind her back or something.
The prisoner's story is certainly plausible. Probably not enough to get a reliable conviction on however. But even if that story isn't totally correct, I bet that something very similar happened. Someone (or more likely more than one person) grabbed Brittanee after she left the hotel. A total crime of opportunity. They took her away to someplace and you can fill in the blanks after that. The total lack of evidence to support the story is preventing this from proceeding. Its horrifying and so very sad that this will likely never be brought to justice.

With the new information from a few years ago that came out regarding a jailhouse informant who said he knows what happened to Brittanee Drexel, I found one detail hard to understand. I only know what I saw on the Disappeared episode of the Drexel case so I apologize in advance if my question does not make sense.

The guy he accused said he could not have been around Brittanee Drexel on the day in question because he was at school. But Brittanee Drexel's abduction took place on the night of April 25, 2009, which is a Saturday. And the next day was a Sunday. So maybe the jailhouse informant's info is correct but the timing is off?

Or that means Brittanee Drexel was alive Saturday night, all day Sunday, and at least part of the day on Monday before she was killed.

It is kind of surprising with the new information regarding a location and the location of where the suspect lived in McClellenville, SC that police found nothing so far. Not a purse, clothing, an i.d. or credit card, phone, nothing as far as I know.

It was always kind of surprising to me that the abductor's car was not on the Ocean Blvd. videotape because if I have my facts correct, Brittanee Drexel was walking north when she was abducted. Yet when she stopped responding on her cell phone the cell phone ended up going south. So it seems to me that the abductor either turned the car around, entered Ocean Blvd. from a side street but still turned around before the surveillance camera, was parked on the road right next to the place her abduction happened, or was on foot. Maybe the abductor got a parking ticket? I am just guessing.

Hopefully someday there are answers in this case.

I took the time this weekend to go back and read ALL of the threads, to refresh myself.

One thing is clear to me now, the police started questioning the T family all the way back in 2009. They have known basically this whole time who was involved.

Many of the articles are dead links now. But if you go all the way back the first mention of the T family is in articles starting on 4/10/2010. They reference an update from the detective saying they have 4 POIs, located in North Santee area, with 20 plus people giving info leading them back to these POI. It was enough for search warrants and lie detector tests at the time. Results of neither were ever released that I can find.

Thread 8 is where these articles first appear.

Last edited:
The articles start mentioning the T's in April of 2010 but they go on to say that they began questioning them in 2009.

From other articles, it seems like LE had a very good idea of what had happened and who was involved by at least November or December 2009, probably earlier. In an interview published in 2016, one of the detectives who had been involved at the beginning of the investigation said the various LE agencies “had momentum” in late 2009, and were working well together. He said they were “close” to arrests in early 2010 but then both Georgetown and Charleston counties pulled their detectives from Brittanee’s case. After that LE seeming lost whatever momentum they had, and there was the whole pointless Raymond Moody misdirection. This case should have been solved, and the Drexel family should’ve been able to bury their daughter, in 2010. Begs the question of why it remains unsolved all these years later, doesn’t it? Is it incompetence? Corruption? Political considerations or cowardice of the local prosecutors? All of the above?

From other articles, it seems like LE had a very good idea of what had happened and who was involved by at least November or December 2009, probably earlier. In an interview published in 2016, one of the detectives who had been involved at the beginning of the investigation said the various LE agencies “had momentum” in late 2009, and were working well together. He said they were “close” to arrests in early 2010 but then both Georgetown and Charleston counties pulled their detectives from Brittanee’s case. After that LE seeming lost whatever momentum they had, and there was the whole pointless Raymond Moody misdirection. This case should have been solved, and the Drexel family should’ve been able to bury their daughter, in 2010. Begs the question of why it remains unsolved all these years later, doesn’t it? Is it incompetence? Corruption? Political considerations or cowardice of the local prosecutors? All of the above?

Firstly, thank you for responding to my post. I am glad there are still people interested and active on this thread.

Secondly, I 100% agree with your post. The Moony thing was a complete distraction from the real purps. I have no understanding of why this wasn't resolved sooner. I really hope it is not for a nefarious reason.

I've been thinking about this more and the fact that now TDT has civil rights activists involved is only going to hinder the case more.

This family and associates literally have the perfect recipe for how to get away with crimes. There are murder and abduction charges filed and dropped, multiple times. Ugh, so frustrating.

BTW, I hope I'm not violating any rules talking about this.

Transcript of hearing for Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor | Witness | United States Government

I reread this as well. They have more witnesses than just the jailhouse confession.

I hope they can get the additional first hand witness they need.

If not, I fear that the effort to give him more time from the McDonald's burglary will result in more hurdles to bring forward the case against him for BD. The courts will want serious burden of proof or it looks like a witch hunt.

BBM: I think it is all of the bolded part. JMO

More, wow this is really intense.

"As a result, many persons and groups have joined Ms. Taylor in her fight to free her son. One of the more controversial groups is the new Black Panther Party. Several members of the Party marched Saturday alongside Ms. Taylor and one could be seen carrying a rifle."

Mothers, Fight For Your Sons

THAT is the caliber of people we are looking at.

I think it could be for those reasons. I think maybe incompetence in the first few days, not getting on the trail immediately. But now, i think this is just a case where there just simply isn't enough evidence. Sadly, whoever took Brittanee did so without anyone seeing and took her somewhere remote and disposed of her in a way that left no trace. She is simply gone. And those involved (guaranty its a group) are for the most part keeping their mouths shut.

Transcript of hearing for Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor | Witness | United States Government

I reread this as well. They have more witnesses than just the jailhouse confession.

I hope they can get the additional first hand witness they need.

If not, I fear that the effort to give him more time from the McDonald's burglary will result in more hurdles to bring forward the case against him for BD. The courts will want serious burden of proof or it looks like a witch hunt.

Thant what Im wondering about the "other wittnesses " did they just hear, not see , are they insane or undependable, why is that not enough, and if Brittanee's DNA was recovered from anywhere in the stash house , how is this not enough?

More, wow this is really intense.

"As a result, many persons and groups have joined Ms. Taylor in her fight to free her son. One of the more controversial groups is the new Black Panther Party. Several members of the Party marched Saturday alongside Ms. Taylor and one could be seen carrying a rifle."

Mothers, Fight For Your Sons

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE COMMENT ABOUT THE ROBBERY!!!!! Sorry I had to yell out loud ! he was innocent of the robbery and he tried to tip off the police HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH .....UGG ! I have left several comments , none of which should not have been published...so this time I commented " So he participated in an armed robbery that he had already tipped authorities off on ?" of course any comment against Timothy wont be approved , I have a feeling the people who "wouldn't" join the march had nothing to do with the New Black Panthers.

Thant what Im wondering about the "other wittnesses " did they just hear, not see , are they insane or undependable, why is that not enough, and if Brittanee's DNA was recovered from anywhere in the stash house , how is this not enough?
That again could be the incompetence of LE. They didn't get any DNA from their. Of course by the time they knew to look there, there honestly might not have been anything to find. I do find the story told as being very believable. And it also is similar to another girl that disappeared in the same area before that Taylor was a suspect in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member