Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember that myspace post where the person made some strange references to B .. and then also left some what like an apology .. But this person who was claiming to be from Seabrook Island and aprox mid 30's maybe early 40's was talking like a teenage girl???? Well they have since removed that myspace just 2 or 3 days later.

Well if you follow 17 south to Charleston not much farther from there is Seabrook Island.

Just thinking if by any chance B did runaway with someone she met somewhere online
(funny how she dont have a myspace or facebook) (maybe she deleted it before she left to MB) And she just wants ppl to THINK she's dead. Her Dad in an interview said she took cosmo classes so she frequently died her hair.. ( she could change her looks) Maybe that myspace was her. And she then she got scared and pulled it offline. Thinking maybe someone would catch on to something and trace it to her.

Or maybe it was the person who might have kidnapped her and did harm to her (possibly someone young and stupid to have posted that myspace) ...???

Hi guys :) I've been away from my computer all weekend and haven't had a chance to catch up yet, however I've been thinking about Brittanee and just thought I would check in...any new developments since Friday? Muchos gracias!

Yeah, I thought at first they would probably lock it when the park closed, but then when I noticed the parking garage, I said no, maybe not. Maybe under there, there is a separate entrance to the water park from the parking garage and they only lock the entrance into the park. I would imagine with guests going out in the evening for dinner and coming back to park, they would leave it open for them.

As big as this place is, I would imagine they have security cameras down there and probably security guards that patrol it at least every hour for a security check. Which leads to my next question, with a property this expansive, would they not have cameras trained on the entrances to parking lots etc, and did none catch her at 12th walking?

Seems in this case one question gets answered but just leds to more.

Thanks for the info but it kinda creeps me out a little to think of a dark, damp tunnel. If this tunnel is not used often, then it kinda fits the MO for the elevator guy... if somehow she was abducted and taken to the opposite side of Ocean it could explain the change in direction.

This is a tough case to crack...I wonder how many more leads were called in after the reward was raised...

I also kind of feel like she's still alive--the searchers haven't found anything at all...do you think they should have walked up and down 17 again one last time?

The Dr. Phil show airs tomorrow regarding this story-- from Drphil.com, it looks like Dawn gets pretty upset with P. Maybe the show will give some more clues.

Big sigh.... I was hoping since it was Mother's Day that we would somehow find out B had just decided to Heck with everything, and had taken off for a little personal mini-vacation from her Myrtle Beach vacation. I had hoped all day to hear that she had contacted her Mom and said "I'm OK.". I guess that didn't happen - Dang. Anyways, I have had a question for a while that I don't think has been answered (forgive me if it has). She was seen walking out of the motel that the boys were staying at, but then what?? There HAS to be other video cameras both north and south of where she exited that motel. If she isn't seen on any of them, then she got in a car quickly after leaving the motel. Do we know if LE checked the other video cameras? Ocean Blvd. has to be FILLED with them!

I was hoping in the light of the full moon Brittanee would've been found this weekend.

I cannot even imagine the pain her mom is going through today.

Thanks for the info but it kinda creeps me out a little to think of a dark, damp tunnel. If this tunnel is not used often, then it kinda fits the MO for the elevator guy... if somehow she was abducted and taken to the opposite side of Ocean it could explain the change in direction.

It was not a dark, damp tunnel last time I went through it. Yes, it was ~15 years ago, but I don't imagine the structure would change that much.

It was just a little tunnel that went under 4 lanes on Ocean and it was well lighted. There were no other entrances in or out, you just used it to cross under Ocean. It was also well used, especially at the time Brittanee was last seen, cuz many people would have been headed out for the night.

But, Sea Mist did have some not so well-lighted walkways/paths throughout the property.

Just a thought, if she did accept a ride from someone and she was familiar with that someone she could have known that person from the hotel. They could have been in the next room over, across the hall etc. I wonder about that because that person would know that she had left the hotel.

I'd like to know if there was a man caught on one of the hotel video camera leaving very shortly after Brittany alone. Maybe someone who seemed to not have the look of a man having fun partying?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519756,00.html

Monday, May 11, 2009

The search for missing New York teenager Brittanee Drexel has been scaled back, authorities in South Carolina told the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle...

..."It's getting to the point where we don't have any more clues," Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb told the newspaper, adding the search there was temporarily suspended last week.

I haven't posted much on this thread, but I've been reading.
I WISH Britanee's FRIENDS would TALK. I really think they know more than what they are telling police. If one of my girls were on a trip and one of their friends disappeared, you can bet (if I thought they knew something) they'd talk...I'd make sure of it.

It's as if they've just shrugged their shoulders, said, "Oh, well" and moved on with their lives. They will go on to graduate and go to college...what about Britanee? So sad...

Watching Dr. Phil - it is on here. Fairly interesting; nothing earth-shattering. Dawn Drexel does say Peter talked to her that first night, it sounds like at least a couple of times. However, it is interesting she says she tried to call the girls and they wouldnt answer her calls. Apparently the fight was with Jenn, not Alanna.

They are speaking in depth about the air of arrogance with the whole group that was there.

Chad Drexel thinks she may have run away.

They covered BD for about the first thirty minutes.

In the beginning, I really thought that Brittanee got ticked off and ran away. Now, I'm not so sure.
I'm thinking back to my teen years, and, MAN, was I a selfish little brat. I CANNOT imagine, though, running off for this amount of time in a strange place and not even contacting my poor mom. Believe me when I say I put her through plenty of hell, but this would be a stretch, even for me.
Maybe she did initally run away, but it's my opinion that, wherever she is now, she is not there willingly.
So sad...

In the beginning, I really thought that Brittanee got ticked off and ran away. Now, I'm not so sure.
I'm thinking back to my teen years, and, MAN, was I a selfish little brat. I CANNOT imagine, though, running off for this amount of time in a strange place and not even contacting my poor mom. Believe me when I say I put her through plenty of hell, but this would be a stretch, even for me.
Maybe she did initally run away, but it's my opinion that, wherever she is now, she is not there willingly.
So sad...

I agree, I was not the picture perfect teen daughter....spent a lot of my time traveling back and forth from New York to Tenn. and didn't have a wonderful relationship with my mom. Thank God it is better now and only since raising my own four children do I realize how hard my mother tried to do the right thing. Even through all those rough years there was not a time I refrained from calling or contacting my mom. I agree with your opinion that wherever Brit is...she is did not arrive there willingly and my prayer is that she is still alive and a miracle might soon bring her home to her family.

Watching Dr. Phil - it is on here. Fairly interesting; nothing earth-shattering. Dawn Drexel does say Peter talked to her that first night, it sounds like at least a couple of times. However, it is interesting she says she tried to call the girls and they wouldnt answer her calls. Apparently the fight was with Jenn, not Alanna.

They are speaking in depth about the air of arrogance with the whole group that was there.

Chad Drexel thinks she may have run away.

They covered BD for about the first thirty minutes.

That says one of two things to me. Either they know something and are trying not to incriminate themselves or they are some mighty inconsiderate, narcissistic girls. Either way it's disgusting.

That says one of two things to me. Either they know something and are trying not to incriminate themselves or they are some mighty inconsiderate, narcissistic girls. Either way it's disgusting.

Despite my gut feelings on this case, I have to agree with you there.

Has there been any information published about the two girls who were with B at MB? Like what type of family? Rich, middleclass, poor? Anything about their parents, have they spoken out about the trip and the disappearance? Are they defending their daughters? Are they as snotty acting as their daughters? Anyone seen anything on them?

From Rochester Democrat & Chronicle this morning (from Chili News).

As the reward for information to find Brittanee Drexel grows, police agencies are reported to have suspended the active search for the teen.

Unfortunately, it's usually a matter of resources and money. I'm sure it will remain an active case in terms of tips, etc. but not doing any general area searches were LE is involved unless they really get a solid tip or lead. Course I assume there can still be privately organized searches, although since nothing was found this weekend, I don't know how many people they could get together. It's like a needle in a haystack without any specific lead.

This has to be so heartbreaking for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc