Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after donating to the fund to aid in the search for Brittanee, I am now at a crossroads as to whether I should continue donating. Dawn returned home on Friday for her younger daughters birthday. When I saw her on the tv earlier in the week, I noticed her hair, make up and fingernails. When I saw on tv on Friday upon her return to Rochester, I noticed she had new fingernails with designs on them.
Now she comes home for her daughters birthday...take into consideration that she hasn't seen the younger kids in 3 weeks..and where does she spend a couple of hours? At the hairdresser, getting her hair cut and colored. Ladies we all know how long that takes. So, your daughter is missing and your two younger kids haven't seen you in 3 weeks, but it seems more important to Dawn to have her hair done, fake eye lashes on and her nails done. Different strokes for different folks, but if my daughter was missing, you can bet I would be combing the streets in my pajamas and hell with the make up and nails..the 20 minutes it would take me to make up myself would be 20 minutes I would not have time to spare with on child missing and two youngers one who needed me.

I wouldn't be getting glammed up either.. BUT .. I don't do that when my kids not missing :)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think we should be so quick to judge...

The poor woman has been through ABSOLUTE hell for three weeks .. She's she's on a roller coaster of emotions and exhaustion... depression... she has glimmers of hope when there are reports of sightings... she's trying to remain optimistic despite the reality and statistics. Then she has to pull herself together and speak with the press and try to sound coherent. Why get down on her for doing something that might make her feel a tiny bit better, or might make her forget, for just a nano-second, that her daughter is missing? Don't you think she deserves to do something for herself?

Sorry didn't mean to stereotype. I have relatives/friends from Webster also. :eek:

No worries, no offense taken. I just know that these girls that Britt was with have done enough to give our area and our youth a bad wrap. I can tell you that I have a 16yr old sister in law and if I told you what she would like you would be in shock! Mature as a 25-30yr old but as far as boys go, she won't bother, had a boyfriend but she is so involved w/school and friends she would die for that she doens't have time for them. (she actually made fun of herself only having her first kiss at 16...lol)

I just hope when this is all over people don't think it is a "Rochester" thing. But it seems that a lot of the youth in our area need a good, healthy WHAT FOR!:woohoo:

Being from Rochester I just wanted to add a few things. While I can't say this is all wrong, I do want to say that in relation to Webster-it seems to be that there are some from there who "smell of roses" if you know what I mean, but there are some real genuine people there. I have an extremely close friend who is from there, and she knows plenty of people (that I have met) who are the same. However, it is close to a few other suburbs that are similar.
A lot of our suburbs tend to have 2 sides of the tracks. Much of Gates-Chili is like RochesterGirl said an extension of the city, but there are certain sections(not sure where Britt was from, and there aren't many) where you forget that you are in that area. Webster is more of the average living and above average living as far as the "tracks" are set. I do agree though they are not our wealthiest suburb.

Brittanee's family a few streets over from one of my daughter's friends. It's a nice area, not brand new but nice homes, well maintained.

It's true the school has a less than stellar reputation..due to gangs etc. Over the weekend I heard the nickname "Ghetto Chili" which I'd not heard before. My daughters friends who go there are all good kids (in honors classes, involved in the school music programs, in community theater). My point is the school has kids from both ends of the spectrum. Not even sure how we got on the topic of school.. but that's my $0.02.

No worries, no offense taken. I just know that these girls that Britt was with have done enough to give our area and our youth a bad wrap. I can tell you that I have a 16yr old sister in law and if I told you what she would like you would be in shock! Mature as a 25-30yr old but as far as boys go, she won't bother, had a boyfriend but she is so involved w/school and friends she would die for that she doens't have time for them. (she actually made fun of herself only having her first kiss at 16...lol)

I just hope when this is all over people don't think it is a "Rochester" thing. But it seems that a lot of the youth in our area need a good, healthy WHAT FOR!:woohoo:

Your right but who knows in the end it could be a stranger who took Brittanee. These kids might just be spoiled brats, actually there young adults so not really kids. Not sure if you had a chance to listen to that pxy reading, but it makes alot of sense about the drugs could be what has happened.

I have a 17 year old son so I do understand the age, it is hard to stay on top of them but the key is to talk to your kids and try not to put them on guard so they will tell you whats going on and ask opinions.

Sounds like your sister in law is a great kid and very involved in school outside activities- keeps them out of trouble. Rochester has alot of great things and people who come together for others. I don't know how much NY/Monroe County Sherriffs are doing on this case.

This isn't the first time I have heard this. I have seen this on multiple boards. I am sorry but how does a MINOR buy drinks for other MINORS? PB is not 21! I agree w/Straight Shooter, we conduct enough underage undercover stings for stores selling cigarettes, get them closed down. Mayor Duffy is hyped up about cracking down crime well here is something! OK so nobody is being killed YET, but what happens when there are DUI & DWI's w/kids that are MINORS?

I am not sure if PB has anything to do w/it or not, but this alone gives way to him as a person and could be a way to get him (and a few others) in for questioning and maybe get them to talk.

That much is true,he even has his own website for the club he is a vip at. In the very first thread there is a link i posted to his website and his name is Mr. VIP on there.

I wouldn't be getting glammed up either.. BUT .. I don't do that when my kids not missing :)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think we should be so quick to judge...

The poor woman has been through ABSOLUTE hell for three weeks .. She's she's on a roller coaster of emotions and exhaustion... depression... she has glimmers of hope when there are reports of sightings... she's trying to remain optimistic despite the reality and statistics. Then she has to pull herself together and speak with the press and try to sound coherent. Why get down on her for doing something that might make her feel a tiny bit better, or might make her forget, for just a nano-second, that her daughter is missing? Don't you think she deserves to do something for herself?

I can see both points, although I think myself I would probably scale back a little and wouldn't leave the house. If I did I would be taking my daughter w/me that I have at home for some quality mom time. My husband mentioned this to me, and I am hoping that is what it was, when one is gone, cling to what you have and show them you love them.
I get what you say about her forgetting, needing a distraction, but do you think that will work? I think I was more surprised by her Myspace. It has been accessed since Britt went missing and not a word about her. Nothing on her BF's page either. She even says "Missing my baby(Mike) etc" Just seemed odd to me to not take advantage of that piece of technology...
All that said, what does it really mean? Not really sure.....:confused:

That much is true,he even has his own website for the club he is a vip at. In the very first thread there is a link i posted to his website and his name is Mr. VIP on there.

Yes I do remember that, but I looked but couldn't find a blog there, figured I would have to be a member. I didn't bother since the post you had was pretty detailed w/examples. It is just unbelievable...

To the person who said that Dawn deserves to do something for herself. Ok, so Brittanee asks to go to MB and her mother says no, so she goes anyway. Claims she is at a friends house for five days and her mother calls and asks to speak to an adult and claims somebody gets on the phone and says all is cool. So, are we to assume she didn't know the house in which her daughter is staying for the next five days. Not sure about you, but 17 year daughter never had a sleep over that lasted that long.
Then there is all this talk over the Drexel's getting a divorce because Dawn has a new beau and Dawn posts it all over her MySpace page, with hearts and music and her kissing her boyfriend. Her page looks more like a teens than most teens. Nothing like letting her daughter adjust and why does Dawn have young kids as friends on her MySpace? And did you see Brittanee's MySpace? Her mother never monitored her 15, 16 and 17 year old daughters page?
And you know what, that is a cop out that Dawn deserves to have her hair done, and nails done and walk around with full makeup and false eyelashes. Who cares what she looks like for the camera?
Did you ever see her once...plead into the camera and beg for the return of her daughter? I haven't. Yeah, all you hear her talk about is how exhausted she is. Well, Lady sorry..I don't care. I sure Brittanee is a little more than exhausted.
I am venting because I think a whole lot of people let this kid down and I am tired of seeing Dawn all dolled up on TV. I would be out on the streets in my freakin' pajamas, smelling like crap and wouldn't give a damn.
There house is going into foreclosure and people are donating money and she can afford to have hair done and her nails done? And then wake up every day put on her false eyelashes and her jewelry? I don't buy it. Seems to me somebody has and has had their priorities all screwed up.

KCasswell.. I'm from Roch (Chili) also and I agree!!! That said, I do not believe for a second that the behavior of the "friends" is a "Rochester" thing. I think they are a by-product of parents who are too busy working or partying.. and can't be bothered to instill thier children with any values or sense of responsibility. You know the ones... the ones who want to be cool parents and they think it's better to be their kid's friend than a parent who has to teach and set limits. They give their kid way more freedom than they should because they 'trust' them.

Last year a house in my brothers (nice!) neighborhood burned down because the 14yo juvenile delinquents that lived there were left alone all weekend while their mom and her live-in boyfriend went out of town for the weekend. The boy and his delinquent friends decided to do something with the gas grill in the garage and it exploded. Took the mom/boyfriend 4 hours to get home ... They've since rebuilt the house (thank you State Farm!!!) and now the (still in high school) daughter's boyfriend living in the house. This is a nice surburb where I believe one of the MB girls is from.

Sorry for the rant and being OT but as you can tell.. I have a hard time with certain parenting styles. :mad: Upsets me because these kids are our future. There is no excuse. Very sad.

To the person who said that Dawn deserves to do something for herself. Ok, so Brittanee asks to go to MB and her mother says no, so she goes anyway. Claims she is at a friends house for five days and her mother calls and asks to speak to an adult and claims somebody gets on the phone and says all is cool. So, are we to assume she didn't know the house in which her daughter is staying for the next five days. Not sure about you, but 17 year daughter never had a sleep over that lasted that long.
Then there is all this talk over the Drexel's getting a divorce because Dawn has a new beau and Dawn posts it all over her MySpace page, with hearts and music and her kissing her boyfriend. Her page looks more like a teens than most teens. Nothing like letting her daughter adjust and why does Dawn have young kids as friends on her MySpace? And did you see Brittanee's MySpace? Her mother never monitored her 15, 16 and 17 year old daughters page?
And you know what, that is a cop out that Dawn deserves to have her hair done, and nails done and walk around with full makeup and false eyelashes. Who cares what she looks like for the camera?
Did you ever see her once...plead into the camera and beg for the return of her daughter? I haven't. Yeah, all you hear her talk about is how exhausted she is. Well, Lady sorry..I don't care. I sure Brittanee is a little more than exhausted.
I am venting because I think a whole lot of people let this kid down and I am tired of seeing Dawn all dolled up on TV. I would be out on the streets in my freakin' pajamas, smelling like crap and wouldn't give a damn.
There house is going into foreclosure and people are donating money and she can afford to have hair done and her nails done? And then wake up every day put on her false eyelashes and her jewelry? I don't buy it. Seems to me somebody has and has had their priorities all screwed up.

I'm thinking the way Dawn has acted is a reason chad thought Britt ran away. The more I see of Dawn I think chad was more of a parent. I bet there is alot of skeletons in the closet in this marriage. I feel for Britt. I wish she would've ran away, but astrology thread shows otherwise.:mad: Sadly Britt was acting out and it looks like it has cost her her life. JMO

I do agree with you on some of this but i do have to say i went to the vigil they had for B in MB and she cryed the whole time. I myself am not to sure what to make of the tv appearances,not sure as to if she holds it together because she is on tv or what. The day of the vigil we all sang "Amazing Grace" and she was bawling like a baby,you could literally hear her crying out loud over everyone singing,it was so depressing and at the end of the singing,she yelled out "God,please bring my baby home". Just wanted to let you in on that,but i do agree with all you on on other aspects.

KCasswell.. I'm from Roch (Chili) also and I agree!!! That said, I do not believe for a second that the behavior of the "friends" is a "Rochester" thing. I think they are a by-product of parents who are too busy working or partying.. and can't be bothered to instill thier children with any values or sense of responsibility. You know the ones... the ones who want to be cool parents and they think it's better to be their kid's friend than a parent who has to teach and set limits. They give their kid way more freedom than they should because they 'trust' them.

Last year a house in my brothers (nice!) neighborhood burned down because the 14yo juvenile delinquents that lived there were left alone all weekend while their mom and her live-in boyfriend went out of town for the weekend. The boy and his delinquent friends decided to do something with the gas grill in the garage and it exploded. Took the mom/boyfriend 4 hours to get home ... They've since rebuilt the house (thank you State Farm!!!) and now the (still in high school) daughter's boyfriend living in the house. This is a nice surburb where I believe one of the MB girls is from.

Sorry for the rant and being OT but as you can tell.. I have a hard time with certain parenting styles. :mad: Upsets me because these kids are our future. There is no excuse. Very sad.

I totally agree.

OT My 12 yr old gave me the best compliment (wasn't meant to be one) friday. I took her to the mall and while we were eating dinner her friend sent a text that she was at the mall, and going to movie there. I asked my Brittany who was she there with. Brittany said I'm sure she's with her mom. Her mom's like you she doesn't let her run around with friends alone. Made my heart smile. I told her one day when you grow up you will be thankful we cared enough to know where you are and what you are doing. anyhow just thought I'd share!!

Yeah, how about her signing onto to MySpace page and not mentioning her daughter? Truth be told, as a mother most of us will do without so our kids can have. There was a line from the Bridges of Madison County a long time ago...went something like this..we get married, have kids and our lives stop so theirs can keep moving..
Take into consideration all Brittanee has gone through and factor in that she had just met her real father. I think Chad Drexel had his hands full and I believe there is a lot more going on with that family than we think.
And my instinct tells me Dawn knew she was going to MB and was hiding it from Chad, She didn't give Brittanee to many rules. And kids hate us when we give them rules, but in time they come to understand that we love them. We are the parents and it is our responsibility to lay down the law and guide our children. Children live what they learn.
And if law enforcement would haul in JO and her friends and threaten to charge them for taking an underage kid across state lines, I think we would see how fast they would turn on one another and start talking.

Oh and one more thing...I went to a vigil too and she was fluttering around and spent the first 15 minutes of the vigil with reporters and never once made a plea for her daughter, but instead talked about how exhausted she was. She and Chad arrived in separate cars and Chad never let go of his sons hand. Chad had the kids with him. I am not saying she doesn't love her daughter or want her back...I am sure she does. She just needs to get her priorities together and quit worrying about her boyfriend and concentrate on her family.

To the person who said that Dawn deserves to do something for herself. Ok, so Brittanee asks to go to MB and her mother says no, so she goes anyway. Claims she is at a friends house for five days and her mother calls and asks to speak to an adult and claims somebody gets on the phone and says all is cool. So, are we to assume she didn't know the house in which her daughter is staying for the next five days. Not sure about you, but 17 year daughter never had a sleep over that lasted that long. I agree with you! If my daughter was at her friends house for 2 nights I'd be on the doorstep at 9am the next morning. And I know the parents.. I wouldn't let her stay where I did not know the parents and family

Then there is all this talk over the Drexel's getting a divorce because Dawn has a new beau and Dawn posts it all over her MySpace page, with hearts and music and her kissing her boyfriend. Her page looks more like a teens than most teens. Nothing like letting her daughter adjust and why does Dawn have young kids as friends on her MySpace? And did you see Brittanee's MySpace? Her mother never monitored her 15, 16 and 17 year old daughters page? I agree here as well. I was shocked at her page but I'm pushing 50 so I'm an old foggie... Maybe all 30-something separated moms have pages like this?!?!

See above bold - AND:

I totally agree that she did probably did have priorities screwed up and gave her daughter waaaaaaaaay too long of a leash. Honestly, when I saw her first interview my gut said that she knew B. went anyway.. and I still believe this. (In the interview she kind of smiled to herself when she said that B. was used to getting her own way and would do whatever it took to get her own way). Who in their right mind would let their kid be gone for that long, especially after a big blow out fight about going out of town? I did not understand how she could go that long without laying her eyes on her kid...

BUT
No one, no matter how much they may have fallen down on the job as parent, should have to go through what she's going through. Being a parent is not easy - especially the parent of a TEENAGER! No one is perfect. I have no doubt that she's totally devastated.. and my heart goes out to her. I check the web and news many, many times a day hoping they find Brittanee.

If you don't want to contribute anymore, then by all means don't!! But I don't think it serves any purpose to mom-bash. Hindsight is 20/20 and she has kicking herself for being so lenient. She doesn't need the world critisizing her. So what if she gets a damn haircut!?!?!

I am not mom bashing. Ny no stretch of the imagination. But when you have kids ...like it or not they are the priority. If you play with fire, then you get burned. My point was I am just sick of seeing Dawn on the news in her false eyelashes, jewelry and make up and other begging for more donations. If your house is going into foreclosure and your kids are losing their home and your other child is missing then how can you afford hair and nails? And if your child is missing, who cares what the hell you look like.

See above bold - AND:

I totally agree that she did probably did have priorities screwed up and gave her daughter waaaaaaaaay too long of a leash. Honestly, when I saw her first interview my gut said that she knew B. went anyway.. and I still believe this. (In the interview she kind of smiled to herself when she said that B. was used to getting her own way and would do whatever it took to get her own way). Who in their right mind would let their kid be gone for that long, especially after a big blow out fight about going out of town? I did not understand how she could go that long without laying her eyes on her kid...

BUT
No one, no matter how much they may have fallen down on the job as parent, should have to go through what she's going through. Being a parent is not easy - especially the parent of a TEENAGER! No one is perfect. I have no doubt that she's totally devastated.. and my heart goes out to her. I check the web and news many, many times a day hoping they find Brittanee.

If you don't want to contribute anymore, then by all means don't!! But I don't think it serves any purpose to mom-bash. Hindsight is 20/20 and she has kicking herself for being so lenient. She doesn't need the world critisizing her. So what if she gets a damn haircut!?!?!

Ok so you set off my "hinky" meter as the group likes to say. Do you really think she would knowingly let her "runaway" and play along? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? That just opens a whole lot of other ideas in my head, maybe I read it wrong but you just caused my wheels to spin off some smoke......:waitasec:

She can't be to worried about her bf,he's deployed and yeah the myspace isn't to great looking for a mom with kids i guess but to me this isn't about how she lives her life. The point is Brittanee is missing and that to me is all we need to be focusing on not her family and how they are and what they do because i honestly don't think it has anything to do with her missing besides the fact mom should have been a little more strict but i also think that some teens are determined and if they want it they are going to get it one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsgirl