Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first became aware of this very disturbing situation, I happened upon a discussion on Topix. I read where there were at least two, possibly three people posting that thought they had a true sighting of Brittanee.
Then I was shocked to see a poster from Rochester, NY tell these people to stop posting or bringing up they thought they had seen Brittanee because it was only causing pain for the family in the end, when it did not pan out. (Not poster's exact words.)

I got the impression this poster was insinuating the whole trip was a set up to do something harmful to Brittanee.

Those postings on Topix have sort of stuck in the back of my mind since that day, I think back in early May.
I have formed one theory then which I would hope I would be entirely wrong, but here is a possible scenario, as far-fetched as it may seem.

Suppose the "girls" and "guys" that all went to MB, had set it all up together without Brittanee's knowledge that they would offer her a ride down and place to stay, and then have it all set up that at a certain time, Brittanee would be called to go to PB's room, and then when she did, at a certain specified time, one of the girls would text Brittanee stating she wanted her shorts back "right away". Then, as soon as she stepped out of the Blue Water Resort, the plan was for one of these people..either of the "girls" or one of the "guys" would let the "perp" know she was now on the road and for this "perp" to go get her.

The individual who had posted that "we have had this happen here before" seemed so nonchalant about it and like it was just another day in the life of these girls and guys.
I wonder if the girls that took her down there were a lot closer to PB than they have ever let on.

I hope someone will actually jump on and shoot my theory full of holes and that it could not really happen. I believe most people in Rochester are rooting for Brittanee and her family and for Brittanee's safe return home, as we all are here.

There is something about this case that just touched my heart more than anything and I want her to come back to her family safely. I think about her grandparents and mother and what they are going through and it breaks my heart. I feel particularly sad that it has gone on as long as it has with seemingly no real leads. I am so afraid now that the grandparents have headed home, the case will become just another statistic. I hope we will all try to think of ways to keep it fresh in the minds of the public....

Strawberry, I have a question about the quote taken from the Topix board.
"we have had this happen here before" seemed so nonchalant about it and like it was just another day in the life of these girls and guys.

What does that statement imply? It has to have a reason and meaning behind it. Is someone selling girls for the sex slave trade, or trading them for drugs or just what is going on??

Been thinking about Brittanee so much this week. Just wanted to say it out loud. Where are you.

Strawberry, I have a question about the quote taken from the Topix board.
"we have had this happen here before" seemed so nonchalant about it and like it was just another day in the life of these girls and guys.

What does that statement imply? It has to have a reason and meaning behind it. Is someone selling girls for the sex slave trade, or trading them for drugs or just what is going on??

Mysterylover, that statement really made me wonder this same thing or it also made me wonder if just one other time a person has disappeared under the same circumstances as Brittanee. I suppose you could search those Topix discussion threads and this particular one was for Rochester, and you may be able to find the entire thread and get a more clear picture of what was being discussed at the time. I was incorrect in stating this was in early May, as it was actually in June 29th.

I haven't been here in a while, but it's so nice to see that you all haven't given up on Brittanee. I still think about her a lot. Strawberry Fields, that Topix discussion sure is curious, isn't it? That really helps confirm my suspicion of the girls and the reason for the trip. Britt barely even knew the girls, why would they invite her along when they seemed to tight-knit with eachother?

deleted by Strawberry Fields because I am afraid my comment may have been inappropriate or off the topic, respectfully, Strawberry Fields

My point in asking the question about what question you would ask really wasn't to talk about the Topix board. I want to make that clear, because I have had my post deleted previously for posting their comments. Topix is not a media source of any kind, is strictly opinion and anyone can post anything on it. As for that post itself-unless someone from there can give the info of how/who this happened to and we can look into that we can't really say it has anything to do w/Brittanee. After all it doesn't say if it was in Rochester, Myrtle, there is no info there...I just think we need to be careful to stick to the facts and not hearsay, that is what will help get answers.
I really just wanted to know what questions people had turning around in their heads. I figured if people were to talk about the FACTS of the case and what is known, maybe we could get some answers to some peoples questions. I have noticed the past few weeks/mths a lot of the talk is the same talk as was here when things first started. It would be nice to progress that information and get somewhere...
Just as a side note-There are pics of AL & Britt dated back to 2007, so you can't say she didn't know her. They may not have all been tight w/her but they all knew her before they left and AL was closer to her than the others.
Another question that I would want an answer on-that day in the BH what times did PB, AS, MA, PW & KC all leave and enter the hotel? I know that there are exits and entrances that aren't covered by camera (correct Debbie Miller?) so did they go this way or through the camera covered exit? Also if that is correct and there are exits w/o cameras, did they leave following after her that night?

I think of Brittanee every time I have to head toward the beach. I'm shocked we haven't heard anything new!

I am very glad you posted this information regarding Topix and just being hearsay. I have been very hesitant to post because I was afraid I would post something that was not allowed. I think in fact I will quit even browsing those sites or at least not look at the comments anymore. I am now thinking I should not have posted my most recent post and will see if there is a way for me to delete it myself as after you stated those things are all just hearsay...I should ignore them.

Having gone back through all the threads, I am beginning to wonder about something...

We know for sure that BD left PB's hotel, cuz it was caught on the surveillance tape. We know what time she left because of the surveillance tape. We know when the text messages were lat sent and received. We know when BD's cell phone pinged off the towers. We know when she was reported missing.

1) Were any of cell phone pings for any of the guys from Rochester that were in MB ever investigated, or even tracked for that matter?

2) Were there cameras at any other entrances of the Bluewater Resort other than just at the main entrance? If so, were those checked to see if any of the boys left out a different entrance around the same time BD did?

3) Were any of cell phone pings for the phones any of the girls that were in MB with BD
ever checked and investigated?

4) Are there video surveillance cameras at the hotel where BD and her 'friends' were staying? If so, do they show any of the girls leaving the hotel around the time BD left the Bluewater?

Right now that is all my brain is letting me formulate right now. If anyone know theses answers, i would greatly appreciate the answers.

About the last cell phone ping, I would like to know if that means they think the phone was dropped off there or the battery just gave out in that spot. Also, in the surveilance photo at Blue Water, she is carrying a purse. I wonder what sort of identification she carried. Did she have a driver's license and did she have a car. I know she rode down with the friends, but did she in fact have a car for getting around in her hometown. Seems like the purse and cell phone would have turned up by now. Were any surveillance cameras checked at any of the hotels between the two hotels; i.e., Blue Water and Bar Harbor. I really also want to know if there was any video surveillance of any of the guys or girls leaving their hotels and which ones of them left together and at exactly what times.

i keep going back to the rochester club scene and club owner Ronnie D, of RDG, Inc. -- PB works for him i believe. RDG runs or owns several clubs in Rochester, etc. None of them have a good reputation. One is called "the bar." found this comment: "This place is super shady - my sister says that they sell IDs out of the office for $60.00 each to underagers..."

i think brittanee was mixed up with a bad group when she headed out to myrtle beach.

I would like to know how often Britt talked to Hahn. When was the last communication between them and who initiated the call? IDK, I just have a nagging feeling that he does know something. I am not saying that he had anything to do with Britts disappearance, but for some reason I just do not trust him. I feel he is holding back something he knows.

I feel that Britt is still alive and never intended to go back to New York state and face her mother after having been told she could not go to MB. I fear for Britt's safety the longer she is out there.

JMO

It was in the news when Brittanee's grandparents were heading home that someone has donated a billboard (I think a billboard) to place the missing information on Brittanee down in MB. Wondering if anyone in that area has spotted a billboard or has anyone noticed if any of the fliers are still up. My nephew was in MB a month ago and he did not notice anything at all about anyone missing while he was there but of course he did not know about it before he went down there. Just hoping everyone is keeping their ears and eyes open in MB and surrounding areas for anything at all to help bring Brittanee home. Sure hope LE know more than they are saying.

I think LE knows A LOT more than they are saying, judging from the cryptic "intimate details" comment and the meeting of the minds a few weeks back. They probably just don't have enough to nail their suspect to the wall yet.

I'd bet anything that when this case is solved, it'll go back to the "friends" Britt went to MB with. There are too many suspicious people (PB & his promotion of shady clubs, JO & her awful attitude) and weird circumstances (suddenly vanishing after leaving a hotel on a busy street, Britt's cell phone going inland to Williamsburg County, then back out to Georgetown/Charleston County, the flimsy "shorts" story, the girls jumping on Britt being missing so quickly) for something as rare as a stranger abduction to occur. It would be incredible if PB & co. weren't involved somehow.

As for JO's story about helping her boyfriend in a car-related "emergency" - I think it's BS. She said they were arrested/being detained for loud music, right? I looked up MB Noise Ordinance laws and motor vehicles found to be breaking a noise ordinance are impounded, the driver isn't arrested. Where are the records? What was the name of the police officer that pulled over UO and VN?

If UO and VN were only warned and sent on their way by a police officer, why would they need JO? Any situation they could've gotten themselves into regarding the law (arrested, car impounded, ticket/fine) would be in police records somewhere.

Britt's "friends" can make up stories all they want, but they need evidence to back them up. If JO, PO, UO & VN were all dealing with a car emergency at the time of Britt's disappearance, where are the records? If PB, KC, AS, AL & co. were all at a "college party", where are the witnesses?

Posted on Fri, Aug. 14, 2009
Police search area in Myrtle Beach after report of human remains located

Kurt Knapek
kknapek@thesunnews.com
Officers from Horry County and Myrtle Beach searched an area of the city near 21st Avenue North and Greens Blvd on Friday morning after receiving a tip about human remains in the area.
Nothing was located in the area and authorities ended the search at 11:30 a.m., said Capt. David Knipes of Myrtle Beach police.
The CUE Center for Missing Persons brought cadaver dogs to assist in the search, Knipes said. Horry County officials used sonar equipment to help in locating the bones, Knipes said.

In the comments for this article, 2 people mentioned Brittanee.

In my opinion, since they didn't find any remains, this must have been a prank or someone has their locations wrong (the one who gave the tip).

Debbie what exactly is at that location?

I am not sure. I know the Blue Water Resort was at like 21st ave. but not sure if it was north or south.

I'll have to look up the address

Ok, looking at google maps, it shows 21st ave. N. infront of or behind "celebrity circle" "broadway at the beach" also seaboard st. which leads to the airport also.

if you go to google maps and click "get directions" then type in 21st ave. N. myrtle beach, sc and in the next slot type in greens blvd. myrtle beach, sc it will show you what I saw. I couldn't figure out how to get the image to copy and paste.

Posted on Fri, Aug. 14, 2009
Police search area in Myrtle Beach after report of human remains located

Kurt Knapek
kknapek@thesunnews.com
Officers from Horry County and Myrtle Beach searched an area of the city near 21st Avenue North and Greens Blvd on Friday morning after receiving a tip about human remains in the area.
Nothing was located in the area and authorities ended the search at 11:30 a.m., said Capt. David Knipes of Myrtle Beach police.
The CUE Center for Missing Persons brought cadaver dogs to assist in the search, Knipes said. Horry County officials used sonar equipment to help in locating the bones, Knipes said.

This story is weird...

It first says "nothing was located"... Then at the end it states "officials used sonar equipment to help in locating the bones"

So which is it??? No bones or bones found?

Only saw this story in The Sun News...didn't see it on Carolinalive.com or scnow.com and thought that was odd as well

This story is weird...

It first says "nothing was located"... Then at the end it states "officials used sonar equipment to help in locating the bones"

So which is it??? No bones or bones found?

Only saw this story in The Sun News...didn't see it on Carolinalive.com or scnow.com and thought that was odd as well

I think what they were saying is they didn't locate anything by a sight search (you know, the "one man ever three feet" grid search thing) so they used sonar just to make sure that they didn't overlook anything. Either that or they did find a couple of areas of disturbed ground and used the sonar to check before having the guys dig. Either way, there has been no news stating anything was found.... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro