Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1195015.shtml?cat=566

This article says a lot of things that we have heard but the last part was at least a little encouraging to know how the MBPD say they are still getting leads. Here is part of it:

Drexel was 17 years old when she went missing. She turned 18 on October 7th

According to the CUE Center, police are not giving up the search. Myrtle Beach Police Cpl. Vincent Dorio told the center the case is being investigated daily and that leads come in weekly.

"We're still actively going over every lead, reevaluating everything we've done to date to see if we've possibly missed something. It's still an active investigation," Cpl. Dorio told the CUE Center.

Myrtle Beach P.D. say finding Drexel's cell phone is a top goal. They still believe Drexel was abducted. "She's been missing this long. I was hoping to have discovered she was a runaway, but it doesn't look like that," Dorio said Wednesday afternoon

Strawberry- It sounds like once BD turned 18 and didn't come out and yell here I am. they finally "got it" that she didn't run away.

What is this her phone went dead for 24 hours and 59 minutes but for 1 minute that phone pinged enough for the battery to recharge??? What? Anyone understand this? I remember hearing something about the ping the next day

This is the first I have heard of this exact wording.

I personally have been near a cell tower and talking on the phone for over 2 hours straight and it never depleted the battery. I was shocked. Someone told me that when you are that close to a tower that it can keep your battery powered up.

I'm guessing that this must be something similar.

This is the first I have heard of this exact wording.

I personally have been near a cell tower and talking on the phone for over 2 hours straight and it never depleted the battery. I was shocked. Someone told me that when you are that close to a tower that it can keep your battery powered up.

I'm guessing that this must be something similar.

interesting

I'm guessing that the close proximity to a tower has nothing to do with the charging of a cell phone battery, as much as it would be less likely to require extra power to send the signal, thus conserving the battery. IMHO.

New search for Brittanee Drexel, father says "right now I want to cry"
Posted at: 10/16/2009 11:21 AM
Updated at: 10/16/2009 5:02 PM
<snipped>
We asked Drexel what he's going to feel as he helps in the search tomorrow.

"My emotions are everywhere. I don't have one emotion. Right now I want to cry, I want to hurt someone. I don't know what I feel. The amount of pain going through my body... I leave it up to God at this point. I just keep praying," he said.

Myrtle Beach P.D. say finding Drexel's cell phone is a top goal. They still believe Drexel was abducted. "She's been missing this long. I was hoping to have discovered she was a runaway, but it doesn't look like that," Dorio said Wednesday afternoon.

Article:
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1195015.shtml?cat=565

:angel:

New search for Brittanee Drexel, father says "right now I want to cry"
Posted at: 10/16/2009 11:21 AM
Updated at: 10/16/2009 5:02 PM
<snipped>
We asked Drexel what he's going to feel as he helps in the search tomorrow.

"My emotions are everywhere. I don't have one emotion. Right now I want to cry, I want to hurt someone. I don't know what I feel. The amount of pain going through my body... I leave it up to God at this point. I just keep praying," he said.

Myrtle Beach P.D. say finding Drexel's cell phone is a top goal. They still believe Drexel was abducted. "She's been missing this long. I was hoping to have discovered she was a runaway, but it doesn't look like that," Dorio said Wednesday afternoon.

Article:
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1195015.shtml?cat=565

:angel:

That just made me go over to my daughter and give her a giant hug...I just can't imagine what he's going through :(

I really do not understand the statements regarding the phone being dead and then managing to recharge itself for a minute? However it does seem to me the phone would not have been "underwater" at least if it had recharged itself, at least for that one minute. MBLover you seem really good at laying out the timeline and sorting through these things. Any thoughts on the 24 hours and 59 minutes? What could the one minute possibly mean? I keep thinking about Chad getting that weird call from someone saying they now have Brittanee's cell phone number. Something just does not feel right about that call, at least to me.

http://t.love.com/261709986

At some point I found this website and was able to put Brittanee Drexel into the search and then put it into my bookmarks. Any time new articles come out, I can go there and see them. If you can go to it right now there are two new articles from today.

http://t.love.com/261709986

At some point I found this website and was able to put Brittanee Drexel into the search and then put it into my bookmarks. Any time new articles come out, I can go there and see them. If you can go to it right now there are two new articles from today.

You can also do this if you sign up for Google Alerts. Each time something is published on the Internet containing her name you will get an email about it.

I really do not understand the statements regarding the phone being dead and then managing to recharge itself for a minute? However it does seem to me the phone would not have been "underwater" at least if it had recharged itself, at least for that one minute. MBLover you seem really good at laying out the timeline and sorting through these things. Any thoughts on the 24 hours and 59 minutes? What could the one minute possibly mean? I keep thinking about Chad getting that weird call from someone saying they now have Brittanee's cell phone number. Something just does not feel right about that call, at least to me.

I'm certainly not a very tech-savvy person but I do have a cell phone and the battery does go dead more often than I'd like. Anyways, sometimes while I'm texting someone or in the middle of a phone call or even sometimes when my phone is inactive it the battery will die. If I try to turn the phone on after that it wont come on. I can try a couple hours later to no avail. But if I wait until later that night (assuming I was at work or school with no charger) and try to turn the phone on again I'll be able to. I don't know what this could reveal, if anything, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Though, no, as far as I know, it wouldn't turn back on by itself...

I'm certainly not a very tech-savvy person but I do have a cell phone and the battery does go dead more often than I'd like. Anyways, sometimes while I'm texting someone or in the middle of a phone call or even sometimes when my phone is inactive it the battery will die. If I try to turn the phone on after that it wont come on. I can try a couple hours later to no avail. But if I wait until later that night (assuming I was at work or school with no charger) and try to turn the phone on again I'll be able to. I don't know what this could reveal, if anything, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Though, no, as far as I know, it wouldn't turn back on by itself...

Seems interesting how if you wait a good while and then try and turn it back on it will come on. I wonder if some individual...maybe even someone who has never even heard of Brittanee's disappearance, could have picked it up, turned it one and then maybe it went dead again since they had no charger, and so they may have stuck it away somewhere and forgotten about it or even tossed it away somewhere.

Thanks for the information. Hope the search down in MB is doing some good today.

Seems interesting how if you wait a good while and then try and turn it back on it will come on. I wonder if some individual...maybe even someone who has never even heard of Brittanee's disappearance, could have picked it up, turned it one and then maybe it went dead again since they had no charger, and so they may have stuck it away somewhere and forgotten about it or even tossed it away somewhere.

Thanks for the information. Hope the search down in MB is doing some good today.

Specifically this happened to me again this morning and I've been trying to turn it on since about 8 a.m... My wall charger has failed me and so I resort to using my car charger and I'm too lazy to venture out in the cold right now. I just got it to come on about 20 minutes ago after trying every couple of hours. It's a weird situation.

Another possibility is the perp found the phone the next day turned it on and then realized it was BD's or saw all the calls/texts and turned it back off and threw it away. Not sure this really is plausible but putting it out there.

I'm really stymied about that myself - the phone that is...all of a sudden gearing up and pinging after that amount of time passing. I don't know if a cell phone could pull enough charge off of a tower for it to power up again or not. Or if it was off...then turned back on for whatever reason and powered up like one of the other posters was speaking of. Or if there is some kind of reserve power for cases of an emergency.

Your later post about wonder if someone picked it up. I'm wondering if that is what Monica Caison was referring to in a news article several weeks back. She said in that article that if anyone had found the phone to please turn it in.

Anyone know what kind of cell phone BD had? Here is an interesting tidbit from an article I just found. Makes me wonder if the cell phone provider could have sent that charge to the phone just to make it ping...

http://www.ehow.com/how_5131634_keep-charge-cell-phone-longer.html

A Lifesaver - Hidden Power Charge?

Check with your particular brand of phone to discover if you have reserve power in your cell phone. For instance, if you have any Nokia phone, you have an option for emergency cell use. In a Nokia phone, you should dial *4720# to get back-up phone charge. This can help you if you need to use your phone and perhaps left your charger at home. In particular, it could be a real lifesaver in an emergency situation. My advice is to program the particular code that matches your style of phone into your contacts list. I put mine under “Emergency Charge” and then entered the code.

"There are several things were looking for and a lot of it has been kept confidential but you know obviously any signs of anything that doesn't fit" said Caison.

I'm glad to know there is some information they have, maybe just waiting to find BD before going after the suspects.

"There are several things were looking for and a lot of it has been kept confidential but you know obviously any signs of anything that doesn't fit" said Caison.

I'm glad to know there is some information they have, maybe just waiting to find BD before going after the suspects.

With what Monica Caison said coupled with what the MBPD agent stated back in July (I think it was) that there was intimate info... Maybe this is what is going on...they have more info than they want anyone to know.

I hope this is the case and I hope the searchers have found something, anything, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member