Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have questioned for some time now whether Britt could have been pregnant. Could her going to MB have been to confront someone with the news? Was she at the guys room to pick up $$$ for an illegal abortion? Why did the gf call and insist on Britt bring the pants back? Was she to meet someone outside the hotel?

These are just questions that have been in the back of my mind as I have considered theories other than the possible drug connection.

I pray that this sweet, beautiful young woman/girl is found. I can't imagine how her parents get through each day.....

MOO

wm

(Least Likely: "friends' conspired to murder her

yes friends may be little creeps but they probably could not even hold a secret let alone form a murder conspiracy)

This to LogicalMinds
I truly do not belive anyone on this broad,is saying any of her friends **planned ** to kill her,,,i can say I have not said friends plan her murder,,,,i think we all saying we feel they no more than they have told!!!,,listen be real here,this just how i feel,,,common sense tell you,that if these friends didnt have one single idea what happen,do you not think some of them would be helping DD to search or go on national news/tv and clear there names? i mean come on,something more had to happen it has be more to this story than we the public know of? LE has and its posted the last video of BD walking from PB hotel,but within 5-7 min the next hotel video dont show her,so did she just disappear in thin air,or picked up? but again im speaking for myself,and few others on this broad that we do not feel they plan to murder her,,,

mlatta, RoseC, locals...I haven't posted here in quite a while but with the anniversary approaching it has piqued my interest again, although I have to admit, not many days have gone by I havent thought of this young lady.

Anyway, especially mlatta who is trekking around, and for other locals I want to get opinions/input on some of my original thoughts about this case.

Does anyone find it odd her phone pinged in Surfside and then not again until below Georgetown? Surely there were towers through MI and PI to pass, yet it didn't ping. This led me to believe who ever had her cut back to 701 in Surfside - much more rural area, maybe less towers to hit...?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....430868,-79.306183&spn=0.253284,0.615921&z=11
(having trouble with that map...if it puts you in the ocean, just pull it to the right!)

Also, I had serious concerns at this time, enough to make me contact MBPD, for what it was worth, but the week before her disappearance, there had been two attempted assaults on young girls at two different resorts, both between Bar Harbor and the hotel the boys were staying at. These were 'sister resorts'...no cameras in either case - Captains Quarters, April 12, 9th Ave South and then Hotel Blue, April 13, 7th Ave South. Now, who would know they could attempt to assault these girls in the hallways/stairwells of these resorts that did not have video surveillance? No one but an employee/local/someone who was involved in the construction of the resorts, etc. That has always bothered me. These attempted assaults were pretty much swept under the rug and blown away in the media at the time due to the massive wildfires going on in the area at the time. Many employees/locals who work in the MB area live in the more rural areas...and on top of that the area of Andrews/Kingstree etc is very small, 'every one knows every one' - not like an established member of the community can just go out 'hunting' and not risk identification. Myrtle Beach opens up the possibilities for someone in a small outskirt to dip in and dip back into the country with much ease and much more to choose from.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assualts/44666/

Anyway, Andrews area has ALWAYS bugged me, always. There is another young woman missing from that area from just a few years ago; young, blond...As far as Brittanee's case goes, the reports early in the case that her cell phone had traveled inland towards Williamsburg Co. (Andrews is in both W'burg AND G'town, am I correct?) and THEN back toward the coast. It was during the weird time when news media were all over the place with it. Right now this is the only reference I can find to it in one of my posts from last year:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #2

I just have a nagging feeling and that feeling leads me towards the Andrews area and nothing but her phone coming back out on the bottom end of Georgetwon to go in that river.

So, since this story has evolved to pretty much right back where we started from almost a year ago, I thought I would put all this back in the laps of the ones newer to it and see what you guys think.

SeaNymph, I like the way you think. This make the most sense of any theory I've seen. A thanks just didn't seem like enough.

wm

Thank you, wm.

This story of the attempted assaults just before her disappearance just sends red flags all over the place to me. Let's go with my theory for a minute...he attempts two very brazen attacks within two different hotels a day apart, fails both times. Then his sketch is out there. He's going to lay low and/or change MO and go a different route to get his hands on someone. Cruising the boulevard...this south area, now I havent been down there in the thick of it in years but lived at 15th for many years, many years ago. There were sketchy areas right there then, and some that were not very populated, very tall, close buildings with alley ways...he gets her somehow.

If it was this guy, with all the trouble he went through to get her, the two failed attempts the week before, I just think he wouldnt be so quick to get rid of her...certainly not 2-3 hours later, 40 miles away. That much effort a predator would put in, he's going to get 'his money's worth'. I think, following my theory, a local from one of the rural areas abducted her, took her someplace, dumped the phone in the river/off the bridge there to throw things off and at least kept her a while. I mean, it is possible she could be being held some place even now, God only knows what she would have gone through by now if that were the case, but I don't think it's implausible or can be ruled out at this point. No other attempts in this area or abductions since then...and someone mentioned upthread, no, to my best knowledge, this person in the composite was never apprehended and I stay pretty much on top of the local news.

Using quotes from LogicalMinds to kick around some ideas?

LogicalMinds:

" "random stranger" or "semi stranger"....(drug connection)<<< Most Likely IMHO ... Least Likely: "friends' conspired to murder her ... "

great post... btw - you're very blunt, which is a good thing!

I lean toward semi-stranger... drug dealer theory fits in good here.. also fitting good here, is Club K...

i dont like this Club K place at all. There seems to be some other underlying shadiness surrounding this place. I think this may be where the first domino fell, and set all of the other events into motion.

Slap on your imagination cap with me for a moment..
***Preface*** BD 17 5' 100lbs ... absolutley beautiful girl, and she knew it... snuck out to party-down 100s of miles from home
***Fast forward to club K night*** every 17 yo wants to get into the dance club... not sure how she pulled it off, perhaps the bouncer was instructed to let "certain" groups of underage people in-- hot girl!, they make the club much more appealing and generate $$ from men... There was a lot of Chili-Rochester people down there in MB, maybe more than just those at BW and BH. you can often slip into a club underage if you show up with a crowd of clubbers... Imagine "running into" people from back home in ny, partying down here in mb! if that happened, it would have been an awesome feeling. on that note, if you tie a couple of these social groups with more chili-people that may have been down there, that is a lot of people! The feeling of having a crowd like that "rollin' wit you" at the club makes you feel virtually invincible. at that point it would be pretty easy to score party drugs (coke, X)from a local dealer... probably the dealer who has the club as their territory?

"yes friends may be little creeps but they probably could not even hold a secret let alone form a murder conspiracy"

An act or a secret of that magnitude? no way those brats could pull that off!
I do, however, think that the majority of that "Chili gang" (all those partying in myrtle beach within their loosely connected social networks) has secrets. They're protecting someone.
That same someone perhaps knows a name?
perhaps a MB-area-local ... the drug dealer?
or another semi-stranger met at the club?
Why is everyone protecting this person?
Did this person use threats and intimidation?
If so, the threats must have been very intense! yes?
it would HAVE to be someone with power, could the drug dealer reasonably fit in here?
:waitasec:

I wish i could afford to get all the chili gang's police records.. NY wants $55 each :( that is from what i could gather ... dont know if it would be helpful, but nevertheless is essential info.

Oh well, i need to quit for the night and get some ZzZzZz's

TTFN, my friends:twocents:

Least Likely: "friends' conspired to murder her

yes friends may be little creeps but they probably could not even hold a secret let alone form a murder conspiracy

Hmm. I may have possibly agreed with this, BUT in how many of those previous cases did one of the last known people to see the missing person literally a few hours afterwards "lawyer up and hush up" after the fact? Pretty darn suspicious to me.

This For MLatta (anyone else)
Not sure if you heard this video on Voices For Justics but its alot of info from Britt mom that i didnt no,but i post this right after it took place in Feb,but you join after it so heres link be ready to sit for a hour the talk is a hour long,,heres link to site when it open click on the video to listen to this show,its DD and Amber Ready man talking

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/helpin...tanee-drexel-amber-ready-joins-search-efforts

Not really....in case after case we see these same "theories" put on message boards but they have seldom been proven in any real life cases

"the friends" ...yes, kids party...they often have bad friends...kids who party hearty tend to have irresponsible friends....kids act inappropriate, feel fearless, take risks, take nutty pictures of themselves and post on the net, drink and sometimes take drugs...

however in most all of these cases the "friends" did not have anything to do with subsequent tragedies

in fact I can only remember one case where this was true...it happened years ago here in south florida and they even made a movie about it "Bully"
a group of friends conspired to murder their "friend" and ringleader/abuser/bully

other than that NONE of the "bad friends" have ever been shown to be the murderer in case after case.....Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, the gal in Ohio, the gal killed by the bouncer in New York, and so on and so on

~~~~~ other message board only theories I always discount :
sex slave ring and "she just took off and is in hiding somewhere"

when a young woman goes missing you mostly can bet she has been accosted by some murderous creep....very random in some cases...

if you add in party time, drinking, and /or drugs the odds go higher

the other sensible thought is that her lover/sig other/former lover/baby daddy murdered her.....but in this case and some of the other "young woman missing" cases there is no real suspect like that, so back to square one and

"random stranger" or "semi stranger"....(drug connection)<<< Most Likely IMHO

Least Likely: "friends' conspired to murder her

yes friends may be little creeps but they probably could not even hold a secret let alone form a murder conspiracy

I never said BD's friends or MH's friends or anyone else's friends conspired to kill BD or MH or anyone else. I have in no way said that any of the friends conspired to murder or sell BD or MH. But I do believe they know more than they are telling.

For some reason you seem to target almost everything I write on the different message boards and I am not sure why you continue to do this.

The point I was making was "friends like these..." They all clam up...they distance themselves away from the situation at hand. And to me that is in no way, shape or form friendship of any kind. And THAT is JMHO.

IF BD or MH had been my friend and I was caught up in the circumstances of their disappearance...you best bet your last dollar that I would be out searching for my friend...I would be out knocking on doors...hanging flyers...I would be an open book for LE to question me...give me lie detector tests and whatever else was needed for an investigation. I would not be "getting on" with my life - with the exception of what I had to do to provide for myself - but the rest of my time would be devoted to doing whatever possible to find my friend and to find out what happened to her.

We (as the public) haven't seen this happening in either case... With the exception of a brief statement to a newspaper reporter from JO and the same from one of MH's friends.

There has been not one plea from any of the "friends" in either of these cases begging and pleading for the return or for information in the whereabouts of their "friend". Nothing. And in MY opinion that is pi$$ poor.

I don't expect for everyone to agree with me on anything I say and I certainly don't agree with every theory put forward from someone else - but I do give that poster the RESPECT in allowing them to form their thoughts and say whatever they need to say and do not tell them they are wrong for thinking what they do.

Everyone has their own perception in both of these cases - some may agree and some don't. Some perceptions seem far fetched. Some don't seem to be thought through completely and some contradict themselves. But you know what...that's okay and this is what this forum (and other forums like this are for).

People put info out there to make other people think - not for someone to continually tell them they are wrong for thinking the way they are thinking.

I know all too well that usually the simplest theory is the one most probable. However in both of these cases nothing seems to be simple, straight forward or anything of that nature. And if these cases were so simple then they would have already been solved.

Point is we don't know who did what to BD or to MH...and apparently neither does LE. They may have some good ideas, but apparently they have very little or nothing to go on. That is very evident by not even having a POI in either case.

Hmm. I may have possibly agreed with this, BUT in how many of those previous cases did one of the last known people to see the missing person literally a few hours afterwards "lawyer up and hush up" after the fact? Pretty darn suspicious to me.

Actually Natalee's own step cousin "lawyered up" and never gave interviews
some of her classmates were on tv but they were out partying after various "candle" vigils for her....pictures all over the internet.
Aruba could not bring them back, they were home but they did get FBI to interview many of the party trip kids here in the US

Morgan's friends were strangely silent, and I always felt it was due to the fact they were underage drinking/maybe drugging that night...thinking of their futures they perhaps gave into to LE but not to media?

It is suspicious but also with the way the internet/media works the coverage could ruin their futures...and I guess none of them cared enough about their missing friend to risk that???

I still maintain it is hard to get a bunch of young people to conspire like that and keep silent for a year, plus it would be hard to get everyone in the group to agree to a murder

the case in South Florida was very very rare and unusual...and that is why they made a movie about it (Bully)

Ok seems no matter what we post we wrong,isnt this the place to tell how we feel? does it make our thoughts wrong? everyone has there on theme on BD,but i truly feel (LogicMind) if all our themes are wrong and the friends are not in anyway part of her disappearing ) you give us your idea???? Not sure who you are,but seems you may need to go down to SC help MBLE since you seem to know the real deal? my theme on this,,is it possible BD cell phone was thrown in back of truck etc,,,and body or herself carried in diff directions? think about it,if they all partying (remember we do not have BD story yet ,only the so called friends) and maybe things got out of hands,and accident happen,they all got scared,maybe threw her purse/cell in back of truck,,has anyone heard what time PB and hang got back to NY? or what route they took? any ideas on this one????

Does anyone know the make and/or model of her cell phone? All I heard is pink?

Curious... it would be nice to include in the photos....

Hope you're all doing well!!!

This For MLatta (anyone else)
Not sure if you heard this video on Voices For Justics but its alot of info from Britt mom that i didnt no,but i post this right after it took place in Feb,but you join after it so heres link be ready to sit for a hour the talk is a hour long,,heres link to site when it open click on the video to listen to this show,its DD and Amber Ready man talking

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/helpin...tanee-drexel-amber-ready-joins-search-efforts

Thanks @};- RoseC @};-

I listened to that this afternoon. I did not get a whole lot of new information from it, but I am glad I listened. It did somewhat confirm that nothing new has come to light. I did not much care for the host of the radio show, however. She seemed real slow moving, and a couple times she was jumping from one major topic to another... Whatever though, I was listening to hear Dawn and Frank anway...

It's nice to see Dawn is putting her energy into "the cause" I can still hear the pain of her loss when she speaks. Although I think she sounded quite well, she seems to coping quite well.

I like that guy Frank from Amberready. He is a police cheif somewhere in NJ. He has exchanged a couple of e-mails with me, and supposedly he is going to put me in contact with the PI here in SC.

Tomorrow marks the 11th month since Brittanee disappeared. We should all take a moment to say a prayer for her.

It's not difficult for me to envision any number of scenarios that are threatening enough for the pals to tacitly remain quiet for any length of time after the fact. I don't perceive them to be particularly bright or worldly kids. I still maintain that an innocent person would not seek to retain counsel within mere hours of a perceived crime prior to most media knowing about it. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that PB and friends took off out of MB in the middle of the night leaving behind a hotel deposit with a lame (IMO) cover story of needing to get back to Rochester early. IMO, anyone that knows anything about teens would find their hinkymeter alarming regarding that particular proposition.

Most importantly, since we don't have first hand knowledge of the crime, everything is open to speculation.

Has anyone seen or heard about this facebook page? i was looking threw BD reg FB site and seen this a jennifer Blake is using BD photo as herself,,,heres the link

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000637457940&ref=mf

Thanks for the link... this is the first I've seen of it... that is a little weird... wtf was she thinking?

She's got her page fb locked down pretty tight. I think she is high school student somewhere in Northeast Misery.. I mean missouri...

i seen this other fb member posted the message about it ask if anyone knew the member that posted it says she called LE law told them,so i email ask this member for the link she sent to me,,weird,but you truly never know if out there BD is there maybe a run away,just wants new life with new ppl,its hard to say this case seem to get cold,seems nobody knows nothing :-(

I read that DD be on Doctor show on March 29th on CBS but dont no anymore on it!!

It's not difficult for me to envision any number of scenarios that are threatening enough for the pals to tacitly remain quiet for any length of time after the fact. I don't perceive them to be particularly bright or worldly kids. I still maintain that an innocent person would not seek to retain counsel within mere hours of a perceived crime prior to most media knowing about it. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that PB and friends took off out of MB in the middle of the night leaving behind a hotel deposit with a lame (IMO) cover story of needing to get back to Rochester early. IMO, anyone that knows anything about teens would find their hinkymeter alarming regarding that particular proposition.

Most importantly, since we don't have first hand knowledge of the crime, everything is open to speculation.

Great post. I am agreeing with you for the most part...

I still HIGHLY doubt that the chili gang was in any way "directly responsible" for BD's disappearance. directly responsible meaning - they conspired to kill her, they "Sold" her, or anything of that sort.

Holding a secret when you are being interviewed on the phone by LE with your attorney present, would not be that difficult.

I believe they are no doubt hiding something. Are they protecting one of their own? Was there 1 person out of the gang who posseses some sort of intimate knowledge? IT's possible, but because of their age and their obvious level of maturity, I don't think they could all hold a secret such as this for 11 months. The most likely scenario, imo, would be that they are protecting a MB local.

"leaving behind a hotel deposit"

Not to nit-pick, but I did verify with BW that they will reimburse your security deposit, even if you don't formally check out. They'll return it to the credit card. Don't get me wrong though, I still find it quite suspicous.

:twocents:

My understanding of the $100 deposit thing is - it's not that they actually left $100...it's that they checked out at an odd time. A time where there was no one who could check out the room to make sure nothing was damaged/missing - and once this was done and found to be satisfactory the $100 deposit would be credited to the credit card used to pay the deposit on the room. If the room was damaged/missing items - the a portion or all would have been kept by BW.

At work reading and catching a glimpse of someone using BD's photo as their own. Do we know if the FB member knows Brittanee or not? I know it's common to, in order to cause awareness of an issue, to use it as you own picture. I think if B was really in hiding, the last thing she'd do is use her own photo (especially such a common one).

Maybe it's a friend, distant family member, someone like us, etc. trying to cause awareness. The usual outcome is FB member's friend say, "Oh, who's the girl?" and then they learn. I've done it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc