Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unidentified human remains found in Wilmington, NC are along the route from Myrtle Beach to Camp Lejeune. One of our key players was from there.

Does anyone remember where in NC JO was from?

The unidentified human remains found in Wilmington, NC are along the route from Myrtle Beach to Camp Lejeune. One of our key players was from there.

Does anyone remember where in NC JO was from?

JO was from Lumberton. When I had seen the story I guess I figured those remains were from a more recent missing person case because they were on the side of a road.

Don't forget John H was in Wilmington NC also. So 2 of our major players were from around here.

Do you know if the remains found were in a highly visible area?

JO was from Lumberton. When I had seen the story I guess I figured those remains were from a more recent missing person case because they were on the side of a road.

Don't forget John H was in Wilmington NC also. So 2 of our major players were from around here.

Do you know if the remains found were in a highly visible area?

They said they can't tell age or male/female. I also read that the road the remains were found on is considered desolate.

NC- Human remains found in Wilmington 12/30/09 **merged** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Post #11

Thanks Lindsay is there a water way connected to this area? Possibly does santee river go this way? Any one who knows area might be able to answer that.

Here is a map showing the approximate area the remains were found, about 2 miles south of Independence Road on River Road. River Road runs along the estuary opening into the ocean and is pretty deserted along that stretch.

Map of area where remains were found

I haven't followed much on the case here - but I knew the general vicinity and came to post about the remains found! Yall are all on top of it!!! Hopefully, some justice will be served soon!

While I've always hoped that Brittanee would be found alive and safe, at this point (it's really been too long to hope that any longer) I hope these are Brittannee's remains. Her mom and loved ones need to know where she is and what happened to her, and Brittanee needs to be home.

Here is a map showing the approximate area the remains were found, about 2 miles south of Independence Road on River Road. River Road runs along the estuary opening into the ocean and is pretty deserted along that stretch.

Map of area where remains were found

Thanks for the map.

Questions:
1.) would you need to know this area to find this road?
2.) Is this on the way back to Rochester, NY or is it way off the beaten track?
3.) How far from Camp LeJeune? (sp)

Thanks for the map.

Questions:
1.) would you need to know this area to find this road?
2.) Is this on the way back to Rochester, NY or is it way off the beaten track?
3.) How far from Camp LeJeune? (sp)

I'm not familiar with the area, but:

2. If they don't hop on 95 and shoot straight north, they could get there on an indirect route. I'm from VA and take 95 from Richmond to NY (where I live now) and I know 95 goes down through SC, so that's probably the way I would go. I can't speak for them.

3. Map from Camp Lejeune, to Wilmington, NC, to Myrtle Beach

Edit:
Map from Myrtle Beach to Wilmington and on to Rochester.

Robert Perry, age 21 (an Ohio man) has been missing since August 9, 2009 in Wilimngton,NC

Whoever the person is, his/her family needs closure.

Have there been any updates on the remains found?

here's the pic of Britt and JO on the beach, both wearing sun glasses...
picture.php
I have a few more pictures of them in full size, on my account/album

I go to MB at least once a month... when heading to the beach I take 95S to NC exit 13 (soon to be I74E) jump off at 701S or 410-701. Then take 9S to 17S
I'm a back roads junkie who travels wayy too much...

Every time I log in to my e-mail lately I see Google Alerts for Brittanee and I get my hopes up that there might be new news.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that much is new :( But the good thing is that Brittanee's name is staying out there!

All of the alerts are about the family's new web site: http://www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

As per BD's aunt's FB, there is a new search this weekend.

Prayers!

here's the pic of Britt and JO on the beach, both wearing sun glasses...
picture.php
I have a few more pictures of them in full size, on my account/album

I go to MB at least once a month... when heading to the beach I take 95S to NC exit 13 (soon to be I74E) jump off at 701S or 410-701. Then take 9S to 17S
I'm a back roads junkie who travels wayy too much...

FYI the girls in the pic are Britt and AL

Any news / updates on the discovery last week? I checked but didn't see anything new...just wondered if anyone else has.

Georgetown County sheriff’s deputies are investigating some bones found in the marsh area of Murrells Inlet Tuesday afternoon.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...n_murrells_inlet_coroner_investigating/95728/

about 30 minutes away on US-17

This area is actually only about a 5 to 8 minute drive down US 17 from the area of Surfside Beach where there was at least one phone ping reported to have occurred. It is also directly on the route to the Georgetown area, and to the area of the other phone pings and where the sunglasses were found from where she was last seen. Total drive time between the hotel where she was last seen and Murrell's Inlet is about 20 minutes or so depending on traffic and time of day.

jmoo

Edit----The article update says they were NOT human bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme