Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another story.

New search for Brittanee Drexel

Friends, family members, and authorities will return to the Georgetown County area this weekend to continue the search for missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel. Monica Caison of the CUE Center for Missing Persons tells News 10NBC Drexel’s mother, Dawn, will participate in the search. Drexel’s aunt and grandparents are also expected to team up with the search team.

Brittanee Drexel went missing while on spring break in Myrtle Beach in April.

The Drexel family recently teamed up with the CUE Center for Missing Persons to launch an official website for the search. The website was created after law enforcement officials and the Drexel family learned about several people posing as Brittanee on the Internet.

Last month, crews searching near the Santee River found a pair of sunglasses similar to those belonging to Drexel. The family is still waiting to hear the results of DNA tests on those sunglasses.

Caison says authorities did not conduct any searches during the holidays, but she and a small team continued weekly searches near the Santee River, where Drexel’s phone gave off its last known signal.

For more Rochester, NY news, go to our website, www.whec.com.

Looks like Brittanee's story is going to be on a re-run of the Maury Show tomorrow (according to ad on his show today).

Just wanted to put this out there for those that missed it the first time!

Looks like Brittanee's story is going to be on a re-run of the Maury Show tomorrow (according to ad on his show today).

Just wanted to put this out there for those that missed it the first time!

Thanks! I watched it. I did miss it the first time. I watched Dr. Phil, though. The "psychic" seemed to have some pretty specific ideas, although I'm not sure how much I believe in that stuff.

But did I hear them mentioned a detective said there is a white car involved? I haven't explicitly heard this stated as fact anywhere. How much truth is behind this? Did I even hear it correctly?

Thanks! I watched it. I did miss it the first time. I watched Dr. Phil, though. The "psychic" seemed to have some pretty specific ideas, although I'm not sure how much I believe in that stuff.

But did I hear them mentioned a detective said there is a white car involved? I haven't explicitly heard this stated as fact anywhere. How much truth is behind this? Did I even hear it correctly?

Lindsay

anything else he said. Still missed it LOL not home early enough and don't have DVR

I missed it the first time as well.

I did hear the psychic (Jeffrey Wands) mention something about a white vehicle. Then the grandmother (Carol) made some remark about a white vehicle as well.

I don't know if there has been some kind of confirmation with LE regarding a white vehicle or not. If there has been I haven't read about it in any article (I have over 100 articles on BD saved for reference).

He did seem specific about a couple of things but in a general kind of way.

Aunt travels to assist search for niece
Published: January 9, 2010

Brittanee Drexel got a pair of sunglasses in her Easter basket last year. There's a picture of the 17-year-old sitting next to her 12-year-old sister, Marissa, with the glasses on her lap.

Now her aunt Keri Drexel hopes those sunglasses may give her family some answers about what happened to Brittanee, who disappeared from a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C., on April 25.

Brittanee had traveled from her home in Rochester, N.Y., with a group of friends but without her parents' permission. A surveillance camera caught her leaving the Blue Water Resort. Another camera snapped a picture of her on the street out front, but no one has reported seeing her since.

Last month, someone found a pair of sunglasses similar to hers along the Santee River in Georgetown County, some 40 miles from Myrtle Beach. It's the last place a signal was picked up from the teenager's cell phone, and volunteers have been searching the area for months.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/09/na-aunt-travels-to-assist-search-for-niece/

100+ volunteers expected for Brittanee Drexel search

More than 100 volunteers are scheduled to continue the search this weekend for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel who vanished April 25, 2009 from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, NC, will head up another search in parts of Georgetown and Charleston counties on Saturday and Sunday.

The center's founder, Monica Caison, and Drexel's mom and grandparents arrived in Myrtle Beach Thursday in preparation for this weekend's efforts.

"I'm hoping to find Brittanee," Dawn Drexel said, adding, "It's a new year ... new hope that we will find something or at least have some closure."

Drexel said the holidays were especially difficult for the family, as Christmas day marked eight months since Brittanee's disappearance.

"It was a quiet Christmas for us," Drexel said.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=398839

Does it really take this long to get DNA off a pair of sunglasses? Does anyone have any knowledge on DNA gathering?

Does it really take this long to get DNA off a pair of sunglasses? Does anyone have any knowledge on DNA gathering?

Maybe it's info that LE is keeping quiet? It could be a backlog...but as long as this case has gone on I would think that perhaps these findings would be pushed for rather quickly so as possible DNA doesn't deteriorate any further. JMO.

Yeah... all articles say nothing new. But they do mention the search will go on today. Better luck to the searchers. Luckily the search is bringing lots of news coverage -- at least on the Internet.

-------------------------------------------------

Brittanee Drexel search comes up with no new leads
January 10, 2010

Nothing was found Saturday during a search in South Carolina for missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

"We still haven't really found anything that is related to Brittanee or about her case," said Monica Caison, founder of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons in North Carolina.

Close to 100 people spent about 11 hours searching through areas in Georgetown and Charleston counties Saturday, including near the spot where Drexel's cell phone gave off its last signal.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100110/NEWS01/1100359/1002/NEWS

Inside the Search for Brittanee Drexel
01/09/10 6:27 pm

McClellanville, SC - Eight months after a New York teen disappeared in Myrtle Beach, search crews are back in Charleston County looking for Brittanee Drexel. Down a road in McClellanville, dozens of strangers are looking for one person. Eight months and several searches later there is no sign of the teen who would now be 18 years old. “We can’t forget her,” Brittanee’s grandmother Carol Wagner said. The outgoing soccer player disappeared from Myrtle Beach while on vacation with her friends.

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0110/694481.html

Drexel search continues, no new leads
Posted: Jan 09, 2010 7:26 PM EST Updated: Jan 10, 2010 2:45 AM EST

11796037_BG1.jpg

GEORGETOWN COUNTY,SC (WMBF) - The search continues for teen gone missing more than eight months ago. 17- year old Brittanee Drexel was last seen leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel in April, while vacationing from New York.

Her family and volunteers from the CUE center from Missing Persons are back in the Grand Strand searching for the teen. About 100 people showed up to help search the area near the North Santee River.

Though temperatures were just above freezing that didn't stop volunteers from spending the day searching for clues.The search party had ATV's, dogs, horses and of course, people. Everyone bundeled up and covered about 100 acres of land before lunch.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11796037

Dozens brave cold to continue search for Brittanee Drexel
No new clues uncovered in Brittanee Drexel case

Sunday, Jan. 10, 2010

Charleston counties Saturday for clues in the case of a missing New York girl.

Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 at the time of her disappearance, has not been seen since she left a Myrtle Beach hotel room in April.

Family members, as well as law enforcement and search groups from North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Maine, scoured wooded areas near Powell Road in Georgetown County and Seven Mile Road in Charleston County.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1253130.html

Search for missing Chili teen turns up empty
Posted at: 01/09/2010 5:07 PM
Updated at: 01/09/2010 11:57 PM

We're tracking today's search for missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

Nearly nine months after she went missing, crews once again searched an area near Myrtle Beach today and begged for the public's help.

"Please come forward, don't leave the family out in the cold," said Brittanee's grandmother, Carol Wagner.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1354177.shtml

Despite a cold case, Drexel searchers driven to help
Saturday, January 09, 2010 at 10:22 p.m.

The latest search for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel yielded no new clues Saturday, though the teen’s family and scores of volunteer searchers won’t give up hope.

“It’s just something in us that gives us that drive to try to help. We want to bring this girl home,” said Kelly Walker, a Florida law enforcement official, who moonlights as a volunteer on search and rescue missions.

Close to 60 searchers like Walker spent all day Saturday scouring parts of the North Santee Community in Georgetown County looking for clues into Drexel’s disappearance. They will return to areas in the same vicinity on Sunday.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=399498

Search for missing teen continues in Charleston County
Published: January 9, 2010
Updated: January 9, 2010

A large search went on today in Charleston County for missing teen, Brittanee Drexel.

Its been more than 8 months since Drexel disappeared in Myrtle Beach while she was spring break.

Today’s search went on in the area where Drexel’s cell phone gave out its last signal on the night of her disappearance back in April.

Search crews and family members came from as far away as New York down to Florida today to try to find any clue that would explain her disappearance.

“I mean we’re not going to give up hope; we’re not giving up,” said Dawn Drexel, Brittanee’s mother. “We can’t ever give up. You’ve just got to keep looking.“

Today, that’s what search crews were doing.

Still looking.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...ng_teen_continues_in_charleston_county/96685/

Search Continues for Brittanee Drexel
Last Update: 1/09 10:40 pm

The search for missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel continues this weekend. Her mother, Dawn Drexel had made yet another trip to South Carolina.

The focus this weekend is in Georgetown County, where Drexel's cell phone last gave off a signal.

One hundred volunteers, organized by the Cue Center for Mission Persons, combed a wooded area on Saturday. Some used teams of dogs, others searched the area on all terrain vehicles and on horseback.

So far, they haven't found anything.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...-Brittanee-Drexel/jWglsUiOzku15KYzwYA4UA.cspx

sorry for repeats!!

Does anyone know whether the man who stalked the gymnast Shawn Johnson was released or if he was kept behind bars? Brittanee bears a striking resemblance to Shawn, and the stalker was originally from Florida. Perhaps after the incident with Shawn, he headed back toward home and somehow encountered Brittanee on the way? I know it's a very bizarre, 'out-there' thought, but it won't leave my head...

He was arrested March 26, with a restraining order granted in mid-April. I found a trial date of June 11, but no information regarding whether or not he was behind bars between the hearing and the trial or where he might have gone during that time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro