Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As heartbreaking as it was to watch Britt's family last night, it did give me renewed hope in this case. I always felt that LE was trying to brush this under the rug so to speak. I am hopeful that the investigation is moving in the right direction. For you posters (LLLindsayy & MBLover, etc.) who have stayed on this case throughout....Do you know the ID of these POI's? It sounds to me that the ROC friends may be able to ID these people or place Brittanee with them, but perhaps not directly involved??? I always felt they had something to do with it, I guess I could be wrong. But they know something!!! Who are they protecting?

Thanks Lady!

I wish I knew who the POI's are...but I have no idea.

I too, at one time thought this case was pretty cold - as no info had been released and it appeared there was no real info to gather...boy was I wrong apparently. I didn't really fault LE because I knew their hands were tied in certain areas. I am just so glad to see that there is finally some movement in this case.

I also believe when it's all over and done with that we will see there is a connection (of some sort) between some of these people that have been questioned and some of the ROC people - even if it's that they only saw them at Club K, or on the beach. Doesn't mean that they had to have full interaction with these POI's - but it's possible that there was some limited interaction.

I want to go back and touch on the "key" angle we discussed back a few pages ago.

Someone just brought up to me - wonder if it's possible that someone dropped their keys (somewhere in the search area) and LE has them and are trying to figure out exactly who they belong to...

I'm still searching for the article (I've got over 100 news articles I'm having to read through) regarding BD leaving BWR and walking north and then turning around...

Sea - I do remember there being an article about the Surfside ping - I'm looking for that as well in my saved news items.

This is my understanding - the 7 minute thing

She was not captured on any street video after exiting the BWR and this is how LE knows she went missing within the 7 minute time frame - she didn't make it to the first camera that should have picked her up...

That was my understanding as well.

I just can't find it now and I have combed through threads 1-3 here; I'm sorry. As best my memory serves me, the ping in Surfside was 9:00-9:15 PM, also going off the established time she left Blue Water at 8:45-8:55PM.

MBLover, most of the news items I am finding in the archives are now dead links, unfortunately.

In what stories I copied to my personal computer I also copied the links... So am hoping this is one of the stories that I didn't miss and that I still have the full content of...

I think your memory is correct that the Surfside ping was 9 to 9:15

In what stories I copied to my personal computer I also copied the links... So am hoping this is one of the stories that I didn't miss and that I still have the full content of...

I think your memory is correct that the Surfside ping was 9 to 9:15

From what I gathered reading the references to it in the threads, MBLover, it would be between May 3-5, 2009, if that helps you any.

Was just over on the IS message boards.

The following was posted #176 by aproudmom (who I also believe in on WS)

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=352963&page=5

Detectives ask that people who were in the areas between 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach between 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. April 25 call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382 if they saw anything

(sorry - no link was provided as to what article this was referencing)

Thanks Lady!

I too, at one time thought this case was pretty cold - as no info had been released and it appeared there was no real info to gather...boy was I wrong apparently. I didn't really fault LE because I knew their hands were tied in certain areas. I am just so glad to see that there is finally some movement in this case.

I also believe when it's all over and done with that we will see there is a connection (of some sort) between some of these people that have been questioned and some of the ROC people - even if it's that they only saw them at Club K, or on the beach. Doesn't mean that they had to have full interaction with these POI's - but it's possible that there was some limited interaction.

I want to go back and touch on the "key" angle we discussed back a few pages ago.

Someone just brought up to me - wonder if it's possible that someone dropped their keys (somewhere in the search area) and LE has them and are trying to figure out exactly who they belong to...

I'm still searching for the article (I've got over 100 news articles I'm having to read through) regarding BD leaving BWR and walking north and then turning around...

Sea - I do remember there being an article about the Surfside ping - I'm looking for that as well in my saved news items.

MBL, It may have been my post you are referring to about the keys where I asked if maybe LE is checking the suspects to see if anyone had a new set of keys made after Britt disappeared. If the auto was a newer make and model, a new key would have to be obtained thru a dealearship. Or if keys were found in one of the searches, then they would need to be matched to a particular vehicle of one of the perps. Trying to be sensitive here, but IMO it could certainly be a possibility to lose keys during a brutal assault in a remote area. Just an idea.

wm

Quoted from: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...aker-brittanee-drexel-nearing-an-end/19435668

Johnson said the people of interest include three, possible four, individuals who live in the Myrtle Beach area. He declined to name them, and none has been charged.

Quoted from: http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._of_evidence_in_brittanee_drexel_case/118048/

“Around December we got a tip that led us to a particular area in Georgetown County. Since that tip, we have got a bunch more tips in, people that had some good information which led us to three possibly four suspects,“ said Johnson. Johnson says he cannot say much about the people of interest, but says, “These people live in South Carolina and they live close to this area.

So, are these POIa closer to MB or the G-C county area!?!?!?

My thought is the area near the G-C county line. If it were further North, it would be Horry County.... (pronounced: Or Ree)

my asessment of the G-C county line area: (Breifly) sparsely populated, LOTS of woods with ponds and swamps, Nearby access to 2 rivers, the residential areas are mostly off dirt roads, mostly mobile homes - not like mobile home parks - most have notable land seperating them. The few people I saw were very suspicous looking. Overall a pretty bad area. (No offense to anyone) (Also, do not confuse Georgetown County the town of georgetown, further north. The town of Georgetown is a rather nicely kept historical town.

I found this kick a$$ map I attached here to illustrate....

Attachments

• georgetown.gif
    georgetown.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 23
Thanks Lady!

Thanks MB! Sorry for being a little lazy this morning...I knew if I asked an expert that you guys could fill me in and bring me up to date. :angel:

I still believe Club K will play a role in all this. The owner, where was he from? Also did anything every come back on the sunglasses? Thanks again!

Great map Matt! It is easy to see the county lines with them being colored differently. I am one of those 'visual people' so it was very helpful to me. Thanks!

wm

Quoted from: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...aker-brittanee-drexel-nearing-an-end/19435668

Johnson said the people of interest include three, possible four, individuals who live in the Myrtle Beach area. He declined to name them, and none has been charged.

Quoted from: http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._of_evidence_in_brittanee_drexel_case/118048/

“Around December we got a tip that led us to a particular area in Georgetown County. Since that tip, we have got a bunch more tips in, people that had some good information which led us to three possibly four suspects,“ said Johnson. Johnson says he cannot say much about the people of interest, but says, “These people live in South Carolina and they live close to this area.

So, are these POIa closer to MB or the G-C county area!?!?!?

My thought is the area near the G-C county line. If it were further North, it would be Horry County.... (pronounced: Or Ree)

The way I read the above info is that the POI's live in the MB area and the tip was to do with items of interest that were known to have been in Georgetown County. Maybe her clothes , her phone, maybe even her.

These POI's have familiarity with Georgetown County.

I still believe Club K will play a role in all this. The owner, where was he from? Also did anything every come back on the sunglasses? Thanks again!

I wonder if this case has anything to do with Club K shutting their doors either late last year or earlier this year?

The way I read the above info is that the POI's live in the MB area and the tip was to do with items of interest that were known to have been in Georgetown County. Maybe her clothes , her phone, maybe even her.

These POI's have familiarity with Georgetown County.

Hi Debbie, It is great reading your thought provoking posts again! Your post makes me wonder if the perps are college age who attend school/live in MB but are actually from the G'town area.

Didn't one (or some) of the Chili bunch have friends who attended college in MB? And there was an alleged 'college party' that they were supposed to attend?

All MOO and pure speculation.

wm

Video on link mlatta just posted from scnow.com shows the investigator speaking directly about the "key" evidence. I'm not convinced his use of that particular wording is dropping any real hints about the actual evidence.

Hi Debbie, It is great reading your thought provoking posts again! Your post makes me wonder if the perps are college age who attend school/live in MB but are actually from the G'town area.
I don't doubt they are of college age (late teens, early twenty's)
They could have permanent residency in Georgetown and be residing in MB while attending school.

I am really aiming toward the guys she met via PB earlier in the day on the beach.

Didn't one (or some) of the Chili bunch have friends who attended college in MB? And there was an alleged 'college party' that they were supposed to attend? They were said to have gone to a party but I don't remember if college was mentioned.

All MOO and pure speculation.

wm

My response in red

Video on link mlatta just posted from scnow.com shows the investigator speaking directly about the "key" evidence. I'm not convinced his use of that particular wording is dropping any real hints about the actual evidence.

I really agree with you SeaNymph. However, I feel compelled to explore all possibilities with what little evidence that has been given to the public.

LE is keeping things close to the vest. I can only hope they are very close to making arrest(s).

wm

I really agree with you SeaNymph. However, I feel compelled to explore all possibilities with what little evidence that has been given to the public.

LE is keeping things close to the vest. I can only hope they are very close to making arrest(s).

wm

Yeah, wm, I wouldnt count it out 100% but just on the surface I feel it's just his way of speaking. I do hope things are progressing. One thing I can say being from this area, I have often been frustrated by what appears on the surface as lackluster police work, only to be just as surprised/impressed when out of the blue, here they have it, all the answers laid out perfectly. I hope that it the case this time.

I think it's the murder weapon and they are hoping someone goes to get it and get rid of it. They may be watching them.

I think it's the murder weapon and they are hoping someone goes to get it and get rid of it. They may be watching them.
I've felt the same way. These guys know it's getting hot - may try to make a move to do something with something and you can bet LE is watching every one of them VERY closely.

Also did anything every come back on the sunglasses? Thanks again!

(First week of December 2009 - quoted from various media outlets) A couple from Charleston County who were camping in the area found the sunglasses in a wooded section of riverbank along the North Santee River in Georgetown County. The Varns found the glasses on the western side of the Santee Delta, a state-protected wildlife refuge made up of thousands and thousands of acres. The glasses will be sent to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division which will try to gather and analyze any DNA that's present on the sunglasses.

March 20, 2010 - I made a FoIA request (attached) to SC SLED (State Law Enforcement Division)

April 2, 2010 - received a letter (attached) from SLED stating they had no records of of these sunglasses under the name "Britanee Marie Drexel" (sic)

April 5, 2010 - I am contacted by phone by an official of SLED, stating, contrary to the letter, that they had "Lab Results" and would process my request ASAP

April 12, 2010 - (Quoted from http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._of_evidence_in_brittanee_drexel_case/118048/) "“The sunglass is a piece of evidence but right now, from what the investigators have, the sunglass does not have anything to do with leading back to these individuals,“ said Johnson."

April 13, 2010 - I contacted SLED by phone, and was told that my request is still being processed and that I will be contacted as soon as any information is made available.

That is the 411 up to this point... As I am sure you all know, I will update as soon as I get more info (seriously, I'll beeline to a computer to share this information with my fam here!)

Attachments

• DREXSHADES.jpg
    DREXSHADES.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 21
  • request.jpg
    request.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
  • page0001.jpg
    page0001.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.