Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I don't feel sorry in any way for PB. No one does what he did that is completely innocent. Now I'm not saying he is the one who did her in by any means...but no one flees town (and that's exactly what he did) and has a criminial defense attorney almost the minute he gets home.

I have been following this case obsessively from the beginning, and am so happy some developments have been made. I still believe the 'friends' know who grabbed Brittanee, because I think she was perhaps on a drug errand, and if not herself on the errand, had been acquainted with these seedy types through these seedy rochester suburbanites. I am so sorry for Dawn and Brittanee's brother and sister. I hope for resolution soon, and peace for the family.

OK, so, as I try to work it out in my head, it seems that we could potentially come up with an answer here ourselves.

A POI is someone that LE believes "knows something," I think.

A suspect is someone they believe committed the crime.

So when an article says:
"The persons of interest, Bailey said, know what happened to Drexel.

"They're suspected of being present with Brittanee, knowing her whereabouts or possible whereabouts," Bailey said."

I take that to mean that LE knows they were with Brittanee on the night of her disappearance, but they can't prove they committed a crime. In knowing they were with her, it seems to me that they might either have camera footage (unreleased) or eyewitnesses.

Does this information follow so far?

BD's aunt's FB says "4 suspects and location." Hmm?

I feel bad for PB because people were accusing him of doing something to Brittanee.

Me too but he was the last one to see her and from what I remember he told 2 different stories right at the beginning and then he got a lawyer. It was just strange him leaving his stuff at the hotel, never getting his $100 dollar deposit back. But after time and after her cell phone pinged the next day we kind of knew he wasn't involved. Hes probably happy right now on hearing this.

IF the POIs were seen with BD on that night, either they were recognized or they had some identifying feature that LE was later able to track (a license plate). Otherwise, how would LE know how to track down these people again?

Please help me think outside of what is coming to my mind.

I'm wondering if MBLE looked through their street cams and found something that piqued their interest - such as a certain vehicle with possible plate. I know how grainy the image was that we saw of BD walking on OB...but with technology it's possible that the picture could have been improved and MBLE was able to glean some info that way?

OK, so, as I try to work it out in my head, it seems that we could potentially come up with an answer here ourselves.

So when an article says:

"They're suspected of being present with Brittanee, knowing her whereabouts or possible whereabouts," Bailey said."

I take that to mean that LE knows they were with Brittanee on the night of her disappearance, but they can't prove they committed a crime. In knowing they were with her, it seems to me that they might either have camera footage (unreleased) or eyewitnesses.

Yes to me it does. Im glad there is 3 or 4 involved in away, one of them has to break, right? Noose tightening..

So when an article says:

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to the whole POI vs suspect thing, is that it is incredibly rare nowadays for LE to name someone a suspect until they are about to make an arrest, because as soon as they do, the rules of questioning change and it's a lot harder for them to do interviews etc, so the SOP for a while now is just to name people POIs whether it is as potential witnesses or someone LE thinks committed the crime in question. Thus, their use of the term POI really can't be interpreted reliably until after all is said and done.

That said, yes, your interpretation seems to be very likely. I'm going with eyewitnesses, or someone overhearing the POIs bragging or somesuch (the latter seems to be inevitable with multiple perps in a murder).

I always thought that the phone calls about 'shorts' was suspicious. People discuss drugs on the phone, but they use code words. I mean, who in their right mind says 'Hey! Get your butt back here with the rest of my eightball!' or 'You owe me a gram of cocaine from last night at the club!'. Maybe Brittanee walked off knowingly or unknowingly, with the rest of somebody's stash. "Shorts" is slang for leftovers or change. "Give me (back) my leftovers". "Give me back my change".

Why wasn't anyone looking out for this poor girl? Those 'friends' do have a degree of responsibility here that a) isn't negligible and b) can't be ignored by law enforcement.

One of the POIs may have been pinched for something else, and so now is willing to talk to save his own hide.

You are exactly right vajrapan - LE could have been watching these people...and nailed them (one of them) for some law violation...and then kinda "put the screws to 'em"...

One of the POIs may have been pinched for something else, and so now is willing to talk to save his own hide.

Or get out of jail sooner?? Only time will tell. Hope we get something more on these POI soon. Wasn't there a guy questioned last year from Georgetown? I wonder if hes involved?

Trigger-

Thanks to a link from this thread, I listened to a audio interview BD's stepfather had on a radio show out of SF. He said that LE had a tip that the crime was centered around the drug community and that the tipster had claimed they were being threatened to keep quiet. The tipster alleged he knew BD was dead and knew her manner of death.

This is sad news, but good news as it is so hard when there is no body, no closure

I had just been thinking about this case and Britanee and the sunglasses and now I read this...I do think they may have some dna or ? from those glasses

If it was 4 people my guess is that it is hard for 4 to keep such a horrid "secret"...often in those cases there is one person who is less involved, more a bystander..and they might cut a deal...also one or more may be in jail or prison for something else and cut a deal etc

I never did think it was her so called "friends">> my guess is those kids shut up, ran off, lawyered up to keep their own bad behavior quiet...sex, drugs rock and roll

other kids in other cases did this (Morgan Harrington, Natalee Holloway) for the very same reason

in todays info age of social networks and everything online, it is no wonder....on another "thread" here a totally unrelated woman's myspace was being detected and it was not even the right person

Trigger-

Thanks to a link from this thread, I listened to a audio interview BD's stepfather had on a radio show out of SF. He said that LE had a tip that the crime was centered around the drug community and that the tipster had claimed they were being threatened to keep quiet. The tipster alleged he knew BD was dead and knew her manner of death.

Thanx Vajrapan, so sad. I have to get up early for work but now I know I won't be able to go to sleep.

Im praying they find her now.

We have all waited so long for a spark of renewal in this case, and now we've got one. Thanks to all of you who've posted over these long months; you've gathered a lot of good ideas and links. Good thoughts for Dawn and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07