Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Myrtle Beach Police say now, they just need that last piece of evidence to make a solid arrest in this case. They are still asking people to come forward with any information they might have."

Since I'm going under the assumption they have clues that the POI's were on N. Ocean Blvd that night, I'm thinking that their last piece of evidence is a witness placing them wherever they find B on that night.

Thinking they're looking for a body is too cryptic for me and I have seen arrests without a body. I'm not so sure that's the "last piece" they are referring to.

My opinion. Sorry I'm taking over the thread! I can't sleep thinking about Britt.
You are by no means taking over the thread, I so appreciate all of the latest news you have given us here at WS ! THANK YOU !

Johnson said there is no reason to believe the persons of interest knew Drexel directly.

Does this statement mean they knew her through someone else?

Good catch and that is exactly what it sounds like to me - that she was hooked up with these people via someone else.

And it sounds like several people are in the know about what happened to BD - they haven't said that these people are the ones who did something to BD, but only that they have knowledge of what happened to her...

So what if what has been said was a "college party" wasn't - it was just a party and there were various aged people there... Could these be some of the people from that alleged party?

Out of respect for Brittanee's frieds and family I don't think we should be discussing anything about drugs. Ie. Brittanee went on a drug run etc.

If I was a family member, I would not want to see a MB discussion about this.

They are in enough pain as it is.

I still think maybe, whoever took Brittanee maybe met her at a local hang out, saw her walking by herself and asked her if she needed a ride.

or it could be some people totally random who saw her walking by herself.

I totally disagree about not discussing the drugs theory. Yea, her parents may not like it but it doesn't make her a bad person. I'm sure her parents want to discuss the drugs theory because it could lead to finding out exactly what happened to their daughter. Then again, it may not have anything to do with it. It is important to discuss though, because it is a real possibility.

i have been following this case from the get-go and have been reading this board for the past year. This case has intrigued me because I have vacationed in Pawley's Island many times over the years. Pawley's Island is very close to where the cell phone pings took place and to where these persons of interest live.
I really think these people met Brittanee down there and possibly discussed partying/using drugs. I think as Brittanee was walking back to the hotel, that these people (locals) approached her and told her to come party with them. With Brittanee upset and miserable with the way her so-called "friends" were treating her, she just decided 'f--- it' and decided to go with the new people she met. I think things got out of hand soon after. Brittanee is a very attractive girl and some scumbags can't control themselves. I think something happened when Brittanee fought back.

~snipped for space from thread 7 page 28, my post #687~

I'm bring this post forward because I think it could be a viable theory of what happened to Britt and could also explain the behavior of the 'Chili boys'.

RoseC, I watched the doctors show yesterday. (our broadcasts are a day late for some reason). I thought DD gave a terrific interview, although one could tell she could choke up at any minute. She was very strong. The segment before DD's about the rufies (sp?) gained my attention. I wonder if Britt had a drink while visiting the boys that night. I also wonder if there were some local college boys visiting the chili boys while she was there. I realized from the show how easy it is to spike someone's drink in just a few seconds.

Let's theorize that there were some locals in the boys room visiting while Britt was there. The locals brought some party drugs. Britt came to pick up the girls share. A local spiked her drink (she would've been there long enough for a beer, yes?). Bitt leaves. The local knew where Britt was headed and that it was a bit of a walk for her, waits about 5 minutes and then leaves, as his deal was done. By this time the rufie is taking effect on her and this dude just happens by and offers her a ride. Being disoriented and feeling a bit sick she accepted and felt she was with someone she could trust.

The Chili boys may not actually know anything but suspect this person and yet may not talk due to the nature of the visit in the first place.

Hope this makes sense and as always just thinking and typing.....

MOO

wm

I am encouraged to learn that progress is being made in Britt's case and hope for an arrest soon. I haven't posted for several days because I really haven't had anything new to add but check in every day. Reading this news upon waking this am sparked my hopes for Britt's family to have the closure they need. I can't imagine how I would cope if it were my child missing.

My prayers are with DD and all of Britt's family at this time.

wm

Out of respect for Brittanee's frieds and family I don't think we should be discussing anything about drugs. Ie. Brittanee went on a drug run etc.

If I was a family member, I would not want to see a MB discussion about this.

They are in enough pain as it is.

I still think maybe, whoever took Brittanee maybe met her at a local hang out, saw her walking by herself and asked her if she needed a ride.

or it could be some people totally random who saw her walking by herself.

Since drugs aren't an off limits WS topic, and because we have discovered substantial "clues" that indicate BD's "friends" participate in drug use (and that they were doing so while on the MB trip), I think it is wise to consider a drug angle.

In fact, we'd be foolish not to. Too many of these cases wind up having to do with drugs.

If it turns out that this is unrelated, I'd gladly accept that idea. But way too many of these clues point in that direction and even one article I read said this is probably drug-related.

B's family may not want to consider the possibility, but I think there's a lot more going on here that is even more hurtful to them. They probably just want honest answers -- not something that "sounds good."

MOO.

I agree LLLindsayy, I think it is ok to discuss the drug angle since it has been 'officially' mentioned in the news. I don't wish to be hurtful towards Britts family at all but feel they are intelligent enough to realize that kids on spring break do party.

OT Hope you got some sleep last night?

wm

I agree LLLindsayy, I think it is ok to discuss the drug angle since it has been 'officially' mentioned in the news. I don't wish to be hurtful towards Britts family at all but feel they are intelligent enough to realize that kids on spring break do party.

OT Hope you got some sleep last night?

wm

Thanks wm! I've been coughing my lungs up from a terrible cold so that didn't help either. I'm about to post some old links from early December. Be on the lookout :)

I like what you brought up WM.

I hate to keep harping on that alleged college party... But something about that has stuck in my craw since hearing it...

Wonder if BD did meet these folks somewhere and BD was the one who invited PB and his friends?

Could these 'party' people come to pick her up and PB and crew followed behind?

Something caused PB and crew to flee back home hours before they were supposed to... What exactly was that reason for them to take off so quickly?

LE keep saying they received a tip in early December, so I began wondering if we at WS were onto this back then. I ventured back to thread 7 again and found some old links that mention a new search on or around Dec. 6 thanks to a tip. I bet this is the one they're talking about!!

"A new tip has reignited the search effort in Georgetown County for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel who vanished from Ocean Boulevard in April.

While Georgetown County investigators won't elaborate on the new tip, it was enough to bring in cadaver dogs, special dive teams and search crews."

More at link...
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=386560

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560

An article here:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=386808
mentioned that a material they found in the Santee was NOT bone. It seems to me that they, at this point, believed her to be in/near the river.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=11633596

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1202722.html

Shortly after these searches the innocent folks found the sunglasses.

I'm betting that this tip that sparked all the searches back then is the same one they have been following up on until now.

I am impressed with the way these LE agencies have been quietly working in harmony to solve this case. Spending revenue on a PI agency speaks volumes that they are confident in solving this and arresting her killer(s) and shows their dedication to bring Britt home.

wm

I am impressed with the way these LE agencies have been quietly working in harmony to solve this case. Spending revenue on a PI agency speaks volumes that they are confident in solving this and arresting her killer(s) and shows their dedication to bring Britt home.

wm

Indeed, I'm very happy to eat my words of doubt on LE's work here. Yummy yummy crow. ;)

Indeed, I'm very happy to eat my words of doubt on LE's work here. Yummy yummy crow. ;)

LOL!
I think we all are critical or doubtful of LEA's at times but it is borne from frustration when cases seem to be at a standstill.

I like what you brought up WM.

I hate to keep harping on that alleged college party... But something about that has stuck in my craw since hearing it...

Wonder if BD did meet these folks somewhere and BD was the one who invited PB and his friends?

Could these 'party' people come to pick her up and PB and crew followed behind?

Something caused PB and crew to flee back home hours before they were supposed to... What exactly was that reason for them to take off so quickly?

I have racked my brain trying to figure out their behaviour and this is the best theory that I can think of.

I totally disagree about not discussing the drugs theory. Yea, her parents may not like it but it doesn't make her a bad person. I'm sure her parents want to discuss the drugs theory because it could lead to finding out exactly what happened to their daughter. Then again, it may not have anything to do with it. It is important to discuss though, because it is a real possibility.

I agree...no one has said anything bad about Britanee herself...but it is silly to put your head in the sand here

besides this board has a "family support" area just for family support.

Missing Persons Information and Support - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This Forum is for Missing Person Reports, Information and Family Support

I agree that discussing the "drug angle" there would not be right, but this board is for reasonable discussion, speculation and I for one find it would be useless unless people are allowed to discuss things in a reasonable and respectful way.

It looks as if LE is going in this direction themselves.

My personal theory has always been that Britanee met up with some "bad people", drug dealers, who took her and>>> very sad ending

the incessant harping on the so called "friends" is probably leading no where, I don't think most suburban kids like that would just choose to kill someone and be able to shut up about it for a year....I have said this before and will say it again

why did they "run" back, why did they act the way they did?? cause they had stuff to hide...sex, drugs, rock and roll...they were not particularly close or connected to poor Britanee

IMHO the same could be said for the so called "friends" of Natalee Holloway and/or Morgan Harrington....and in both those cases I (rightfully) maintained that they didn't have anything to do with them missing/dead but were covering their own butts

I saw on a recent thread here where a woman with a similar name to a person in a missing case was "sleuthed" and dissected.....she had no connection yet all these people were looking at her, her friends, her kids etc....pretty scary...in todays "information age" this stuff is rampant

I am sure those Chilli kids had things to hide..and so they did...however they probably had nothing to do with the actual cause/perps that did this to Britanee. And, we don't know everything....LE seems to have been doing a good job her despite the doubts..

while everyone here is worrying about the Chilli kids LE has real leads and POI...and hopefully some arrests soon..

maybe the Perps are people that the Chilli group met....we don't know....they are not telling us everything

My own hope, sad as it sounds, is that somehow Britanee went with them and died peacefully in reaction to a date rape drug or just an overdose or something....

this is a sad situation but at this point I don't think there was going to be a happy ending, and bringing her "home" for a final resting place, and getting justice for her is so important. Not to mention : the creeps who did this could do it again....other young girls on vacation on spring break...my guess is they look for a girl on her own

and that brings up another point....woman's lib to the contrary, women/girls are vulnerable...so many tragic cases of young women and the common denominator is that they were "off on their own"....they left the group/the pack....wolves are out there ready to pounce on a stray gal on her own JMO

If you click on this link and (you might have to click on the video link Lt. Johnson speaks about the case) upper right corner of the page. It is a taped phone(sounds like) interview with the investigator on the case. What seemed telling was when they asked him how Brittanee went with the person if she got into the car, if she knew them. The investigator Lt. Johnson says "no she was abducted".

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12287064

How would BD know the people were drug dealers?
Dawn even said that as to her knowledge Brittanee had no known history of drug abuse.

even if these people do/ do not turn out to be drug dealers, it's going to be interesting to know how they came in contact with Brittanee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member