GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to mention, that RM prison husband said in the 20/20 episode that RM showed up with scratches from the top of his head all the way down his throat in the days after Brittanee went 'missing' and Dawn Drexel mentioned the scars he now has due to BD fighting for her life.

How, then, did AV miss them?

They pick up a random teenage girl on 'The Strip' to party with and she agrees to accompany them to Georgetown. AV then has to go shopping and/or attend to a family member and when she returns the random teenage girl is gone and her boyfriend - who she knows has done time in prison as a sex offender - now has scratches and claw marks deep enough to leave him with lasting scars on his face. Later in the week - the random teenage girl is on the local news as missing and later on she's on national news as missing.

And AV didn't know anything?

Either she's extremely dense or...she was involved up to ears. I go with the latter.
MOO
BBM. I believe both can be true. And probably are.

There are 2 facts that let LE know that AV was 100% in on this abduction, rape and murder.

1) The second BD was in their car, whether she stepped in willingly or not, they made a beeline for the rape/murder site. The excuse of going to MB to party is out the window right then. They were there to find a victim.

2) BD stopped texting the second she was in the car. RM was driving, so who was there to incapacitate/stop BD from continuing to communicate with her people? Angel Vause, and she did her job well.

Any excuses LE makes to not pursue charges against AV are laughable given those two facts. If they made a deal to get RM to confess that completely absolves AV of any responsibility, then shame on them.

The Myrtle Beach area still has a psychopathic predator in their community. It's only a matter of if/when AV hooks up with another guy that has RM type fantasies.
Bolded by me… because THIS! I said the exact thing to my husband yesterday — their story doesn’t add up for me because she stopped responding to her boyfriend’s texts shortly after she was captured walking along Ocean Blvd. Why would BD suddenly stop answering her boyfriends texts if she willingly agreed to get in the car with these much older individuals and they were just chillin’ and hanging around a campfire for most of the night?

I have to look back but I can't recall the guy who RM left as his power-of-attorney before going to county jail back in May. Did anyone ever hear about how this guy has been chosen by RM to be the POA of RM's property that he owned?

I would have thought he would've assigned AV POA.

This is so heartbreaking - I just listened to the 1 hour plus video in the court room (link posted below). Even after following the case since it happened in 2009 it still hits me just as hard to hear the details of that spring night. So much loss, so much hurt, so many lies, a guy that has hurt so many, and changed so many lives.

Still wondering about his eye - did Britt scratch out Raymond's eye when she put up the fight?

To think that she would be 30 years old today and 13 more years of memories behind her. Can't even say enough to see all the hurt that was in that courtroom today. I am sure this is RM's m.o. - but he was what appeared to be putting on a display that he was upset (and maybe showing/acting that he has remorse) by all of the family's statements as well. I am also wondering why RM finally decided to help law enforcement - was it his guilt or just the pressure from law enforcement that made him crack and give all the details to help find Britt's body.

This is so heartbreaking - I just listened to the 1 hour plus video in the court room (link posted below). Even after following the case since it happened in 2009 it still hits me just as hard to hear the details of that spring night. So much loss, so much hurt, so many lies, a guy that has hurt so many, and changed so many lives.

Still wondering about his eye - did Britt scratch out Raymond's eye when she put up the fight?

To think that she would be 30 years old today and 13 more years of memories behind her. Can't even say enough to see all the hurt that was in that courtroom today. I am sure this is RM's m.o. - but he was what appeared to be putting on a display that he was upset (and maybe showing/acting that he has remorse) by all of the family's statements as well. I am also wondering why RM finally decided to help law enforcement - was it his guilt or just the pressure from law enforcement that made him crack and give all the details to help find Britt's body.

I don't believe he willingly helped LE. someone (they don't name) gave them information about them. I am still wondering how LE hadn't spotted the car in the cameras for 13years. How did they miss that?? I mean Brittanee wouldn't fly and disappear. She had definitely gotten in a car. I believe RM didn't want AV to get in trouble for that (I think it was her car,wasn't it?),so he confessed and took whole responsibility. I don't believe he has any guilt whatsoever.. I still can't believe she wasn't charged with anything at all!! She is sick!! She had been covering for a monster all these years. She lacks EMPATHY,and still works as a nurse. Unheard of. I hope she gets the worst in life.

I heard he will give an interview. It will be interesting to hear what happened, still believe half the things he says. Tell us the truth!! Nothing will change for you,you are going to die in prison whether you tell the truth or not. BUT I forgot..you have to cover for AV..... If he had remorse for what he did, out of respect for the victim,he would tell the truth...but he is not remorseful....

I don't believe he willingly helped LE. someone (they don't name) gave them information about them. I am still wondering how LE hadn't spotted the car in the cameras for 13years. How did they miss that?? I mean Brittanee wouldn't fly and disappear. She had definitely gotten in a car. I believe RM didn't want AV to get in trouble for that (I think it was her car,wasn't it?),so he confessed and took whole responsibility. I don't believe he has any guilt whatsoever.. I still can't believe she wasn't charged with anything at all!! She is sick!! She had been covering for a monster all these years. She lacks EMPATHY,and still works as a nurse. Unheard of. I hope she gets the worst in life.
Yes, AV was blabbing to an confidential informant about the case after a family member of BD put RM back on the radar of LE. To save her own skin, AV agreed to wear a wire, turn state witness and get RM to say something incriminating about BD dissapearance. He didn't but they still brought him in for an interview where he confessed - this all according to information I read.
He confessed because I'm sure that they threatened putting AV in jail for her involvement and without RM to coorborate evidence against her they had no case for her - moo.

LE had tunnel vision with TT and let the obvious evidence, like the car fall by the wayside.

Yes, AV was blabbing to an confidential informant about the case after a family member of BD put RM back on the radar of LE. To save her own skin, AV agreed to wear a wire, turn state witness and get RM to say something incriminating about BD dissapearance. He didn't but they still brought him in for an interview where he confessed - this all according to information I read.
He confessed because I'm sure that they threatened putting AV in jail for her involvement and without RM to coorborate evidence against her they had no case for her - moo.

LE had tunnel vision with TT and let the obvious evidence, like the car fall by the wayside.
They did… this was such a failing. I just hope RM didn’t hurt anyone else while he’s been out for this long uncaptured.
It hasn’t been confirmed but do we think his facial injury is from Brittanee? Did she maybe fight so hard it scared him from doing it again? :(

Last edited:
I told Knipes 2 weeks after she went missing THIS was their guy…

When they named the Taylor’s I was blown away… turned my thinking completely upside down from all I had ever known and experienced growing up in the area…
I felt like I was sitting here choking on crow, yet I could NEVER wrap my head around that. He gnawed at my stomach all these years.
And now to KNOW a woman KNEW.
She knew.
And she let that child lay out there in the woods for 13 years.
No doubt she made a deal, but she is not absolved from her part. The entire ‘voluntarily’ story is pure BS, and she needs to rot in hell for her part too.

Did you ever hear anything back from them?

JMO and only MO - I believe that he is taking the fall for this because he's terminally ill and he's protecting AV. I am not sure if AV knew where Brittanee was buried but one would have to be really dumb and stupid to not think RM did something to her that night. AV knew that they picked her up that day and that was the last time any of her family or friends heard from her.

I also don't think this was RM's first time or last time doing this since being out of prison. This one was the most notorious.

As I said all my opion only.

BBM. Exactly this. LE subtly mentioned this problem in the hearing when they stated “only Miss Drexel could have told us exactly what happened that night” and alluded to evidence lost with the passage of time (and their own incompetence). I would love to hear more about the informant, what exactly was said, and how BD’s disappearance came up in conversation. That initial conversation, even more than the subsequent one recorded by the FBI, was possibly the closest AV came to really expressing the truth. Was AV bragging about getting away with raping and murdering an innocent girl? Or was she stating suspicions about RM in a way that would support her subsequent story? I’m guessing she was bragging, and her comments were abhorrent enough for the informant to go to the FBI.

Getting RM to give up the location of BD’s remains must’ve required significant leverage. I highly doubt it was the “guilt” that made him talk. Would having AV being threatened with obstruction of justice really be enough? Maybe.

As far as AV being a nurse, I actually think it makes some sense. I’ve been in medicine for long time, working closely with a lot of nurses. The vast majority are smart, kind, compassionate and highly competent. I don’t think AV is any of those things. I think she probably derives pleasure from seeing other people suffering and in pain, and being a nurse gives her the perfect setting for witnessing such things. The only reason she stayed with Moody after finding out about his crimes in CA is because SHE LIKED IT. We’ve all heard about the huge piles of letters that highly publicized murders receive in prison, frequently from women declaring their attraction. AV is one of those types of people.
JMO

Last edited:
As far as AV being a nurse, I actually think it makes some sense. I’ve been in medicine for long time, working closely with a lot of nurses. The vast majority are smart, kind, compassionate and highly competent. I don’t think AV is any of those things. I think she probably derives pleasure from seeing other people suffering and in pain, and being a nurse gives her the perfect setting for witnessing such things. The only reason she stayed with Moody after finding out about his crimes in CA is because SHE LIKED IT. We’ve all heard about the huge piles of letters that highly publicized murders receive in prison, frequently from women declaring their attraction. AV is one of those types of people.
JMO
I agree with all of this and unfortunately, I think some go into the nursing profession for all the wrong reasons - to just benefit 1 person, themselves, and those reasons could be anything from money, access to drugs, or some other twisted logic.

I've also considered that with AV's nursing/medical background it wouldn't surprise me if she drugged BD just enough so that she couldn't put up a fight for the car ride. Of course, this idea loses traction since they said BD left scratches all over RM but that was later in the night and the drugs that were forced in Britt were wearing off. I don't know AV's height and weight but if she was helping RM restrain her, Britt's chances of escaping would significantly go down with 2 full size adults out muscling a 100 lb Britt. Keep in mind that AV would have to have knowledge on how to restrain patients that are being combative or assaultive in a hospital setting. Not sure of AV's exact work assignment but it looks like she has extensive history in the field and I feel confident enough to say she has probably came across a combative and/or assaultive patient a time or 2 and would be highly proficient in restraining a person - especially if she spent anytime in the Emergency Dept. NOTE - this is all speculation, an idea, and my opinion - this is not based on anything I have read or facts so my apologies if this is not allowed.

AV lost a child of her own. She may not have not have ever came to peace with this and to add to what QPR said, might find pleasure in taking away a loved one/child to see other people go thru the pain she has/is going thru by losing a child. I am definitely not sticking up for her but saying this because she may have some serious mental health issues from losing a child (link below) and RM was the perfect partner to make all this happen. NOTE - this is all speculation except AV losing a child, an idea, and my opinion - this is not based on anything I read so my apologies if this is not allowed. Her losing a child is a fact and the link is posted below.

This article talks about AV talking about losing a child and her ignorance with BD missing. I fully believe AV participated in the rape and killing of BD. She was resting on her good reputation in the community, stated that law enforcement "had nothing" when they were investigating in 2011, and continues by saying that RM was a wonderful person and treated her so well. BD's picture was everywhere the very next day. AV spent a whole night with BD and really expects us to believe that she believed RM's story about BD's friends picking her up an hour away from Myrtle Beach. AV needs to be sitting in prison.

Last edited:
I agree with all of this and unfortunately, I think some go into the nursing profession for all the wrong reasons - to just benefit 1 person, themselves, and those reasons could be anything from money, access to drugs, or some other twisted logic.

I've also considered that with AV's nursing/medical background it wouldn't surprise me if she drugged BD just enough so that she couldn't put up a fight for the car ride. Of course, this idea loses traction since they said BD left scratches all over RM but that was later in the night and the drugs that were forced in Britt were wearing off. I don't know AV's height and weight but if she was helping RM restrain her, Britt's chances of escaping would significantly go down with 2 full size adults out muscling a 100 lb Britt. Keep in mind that AV would have to have knowledge on how to restrain patients that are being combative or assaultive in a hospital setting. Not sure of AV's exact work assignment but it looks like she has extensive history in the field and I feel confident enough to say she has probably came across a combative and/or assaultive patient a time or 2 and would be highly proficient in restraining a person - especially if she spent anytime in the Emergency Dept. NOTE - this is all speculation, an idea, and my opinion - this is not based on anything I have read or facts so my apologies if this is not allowed.

AV lost a child of her own. She may not have not have ever came to peace with this and to add to what QPR said, might find pleasure in taking away a loved one/child to see other people go thru the pain she has/is going thru by losing a child. I am definitely not sticking up for her but saying this because she may have some serious mental health issues from losing a child (link below) and RM was the perfect partner to make all this happen. NOTE - this is all speculation except AV losing a child, an idea, and my opinion - this is not based on anything I read so my apologies if this is not allowed. Her losing a child is a fact and the link is posted below.

This article talks about AV talking about losing a child and her ignorance with BD missing. I fully believe AV participated in the rape and killing of BD. She was resting on her good reputation in the community, stated that law enforcement "had nothing" when they were investigating in 2011, and continues by saying that RM was a wonderful person and treated her so well. BD's picture was everywhere the very next day. AV spent a whole night with BD and really expects us to believe that she believed RM's story about BD's friends picking her up an hour away from Myrtle Beach. AV needs to be sitting in prison.

Definitely agree with everything here. You made some great points!!

The videos of AV's interviews are out there and if anyone wants to see a psychopath in action, they are an interesting watch.

Demands complete control of all conversation (because she's smarter than them and can talk her way out of this again). Talks freely, while lying the entire time, and knows exactly what she can say to give the appearance of honesty and forthrightness. Once confronted with some actual evidence, says f-you, I'm outta here. Zero guilt, zero remorse. BD and her family mean/meant nothing to her. Just something she could do to make her man happy, which made her happy.

If I'm LE, I say screw RM and the deal they made with him and prosecute this parasite for aiding, abetting and obstruction, just for starters.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back