Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His drug charges were what spurred him to make a change in his life. He had been clean for almost a year, was proud of his training with his service dog whom he adored...they were graduating the training classes soon. Something he took immense pride in. The charges would not have factored into any of this at all.
*I have emailed in my verification. Just waiting a response*

I've submitted my verification information. I can speak on my personal knowledge of the kind of person BC was. Also, why would a CoD still not have been released or given to the family of BC yet? Suicide is (from my understanding of explanation given to me by a LE friend) fairly easy to determine. Also, no information about the crime scene has been released by the county BC and CS bodies were found in. Contradicting statements in media outlets regarding the location of CS body. My strongest sympathies to the family and friends of CS. We are all so very sorry for what you are going through. Our hearts hurt for you and with you. I'm sorry if this breaks any rules or standards, admins.
Welcome to WS. We value any insights you can give us here. I’m not sure how things work after VI paperwork is submitted. IIRC @Tricia usually lets us know directly on the thread when a VI is approved & we can ask questions & know the parameters for those questions. Anyone?

His drug charges were what spurred him to make a change in his life. He had been clean for almost a year, was proud of his training with his service dog whom he adored...they were graduating the training classes soon. Something he took immense pride in. The charges would not have factored into any of this at all.
*I have emailed in my verification. Just waiting a response*

If he killed CS it was less than 10 months since his LAST arrest for meth. Maybe I misunderstood your point. Did he become clean a year ago but still sold drugs? Also, I would be more likely to believe his drug charge was a wake up call if it was his first arrest. jmo

"The redacted affidavit states that someone was in and out of Sweeney’s apartment. According to detectives, Sweeney’s phone records showed frustration about an individual being left alone in her home, and just prior to 3 a.m. there were indications that she would attempt to remove this person from her apartment."

A bartender said she saw Sweeney leave by herself. How did BC end up back in her apartment? <modsnip>

Gina Scialdone, celias neighbor and coworker brought Mark Walton and Buddy Carr over to Celia's after they left the bar. Celia tried to get them out of her house. What happened after that only Gina and Mark know

It is indeed a very odd story and hard to fathom. I have a question, some comments and then some scenarios.
1) Is the the current thinking that the folks were hanging out at CS's place so to get rid of them she took them to another bar where she told the bartender she was trying to get rid of them? At first I though it seemed odd to have people in your house and to then go out again, but if people aren't taking the hint and don't want to leave then I think it was quite a smart idea. But only quite.
2) However I do wonder why she didn't ask her BF to come round and get rid of them - and indeed when she did text him about it why he didn't come straight round (if I'm right in thinking the text was to him). But maybe he then called her and was offering to come round but the calls went unanswered. Still some BF's might have come anyway. Please note I am not blaming him in anyway. I'm not sure if the message was to him anyway.
An alternative to that is that she was worried what might kick off if her Bf did come round as the two guys might have seen it as a provocation and she feared violence and escalation of the situation. The police would have been a better idea but maybe hard to do if you're in fear of retribution or falling out with your neighbour friend - given they might have restrictions/rcords that a call out would make problems for.
3) It is odd that they were hanging out at CS's apartment and not at GS's. Maybe MW was having a fight with his girlfriend, maybe he was trying to get BC to leave CS's place. Who knows? Well he does and GS must know something to explain why they were not at her apartment and why MW was coming and going.
4) Another possible scenario - BS slipped up and had got back on meth or whatever it was he was trying to give up. Addiction is powerful. All predictions of his likely behaviour then go out of the door.

On to my scenarios. Friends of the POI or accused please look away.
- I personally believe the bartender's account. It could well have been that CS slipped away. But the guy or guys followed her. She could have been rushed at her apartment door, the perp could have been banging on the door or they could have broken in. Hence her use of the gun if someone was breaking in. Alternatively the gun belonged to one or other of the guys and they used it to gain entry or force their way in. (They could be one or other or both of them).
- Alternatively they both came back into the apartment by whatever means. BC is out stone cold and its MW who attempts something horrible with CS and kills her in the struggle or to prevent her telling GS and its BC who is helping him out with the clear out.

All the to-ing and fro-ing after that is plain bizarre. They planned to get rid of poor CS's body and it was a complicated plan. But How BC ended up dead is tough to explain. Guilt - self destruction. Fight or too much evidence on MW - murder. Only MW knows.

By the way, does anyone know where MW was when he was picked up by the police? Sorry if anything I've said offends, is inaccurate or misread. JMO. Bless you CS. You didn't

I think it is important for people to know that Celias boyfriend lived 2 1/2 hours away. He could not have been able to kick Gina Scialdone, Mark Walton, and Buddy Carr out of Celias house.
I also think everyone should know that Gina lived in the same apartment complex as Celia.

How did they end up at Celia’s apartment instead of Gina’s? What was the compelling reason to go there, neither guy was Celia’s boyfriend? Drugs? Booze?
Did she invite them and then change her mind? Or did she think her boyfriend would object after they were there and she thought it was best for them to leave? What’s the big deal - just go to Gina’s apartment and hang out? Unless Gina had a roommate or a child? IDK

How did they end up at Celia’s apartment instead of Gina’s? What was the compelling reason to go there, neither guy was Celia’s boyfriend? Drugs? Booze?
Did she invite them and then change her mind? Or did she think her boyfriend would object after they were there and she thought it was best for them to leave? What’s the big deal - just go to Gina’s apartment and hang out? Unless Gina had a roommate or a child? IDK
A girl brings her boyfriend and his friend over to her lone girlfriend's apartment. It's not very hard for me to speculate why nor for me to speculate why that boyfriend's friend might be angry if it didn't work out the way he expected it to.

MW status has been updated. Does this mean he has been charged with murder?

Sheriff's Office | Charleston County, SC | Search for Arrests
Great catch! His original charge of accessory after fhe fact was from March 4, 2020. This new charge of murder is from from today!

K684964 04/08/2020
THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
VS
MARK DWAYNE WALTON
MURDER / MURDER

I wonder if that clears BC? And what part anyone else (zipping lips) might have had.

Last edited:
Is it for the murder of CS or BC though?
BBM- YES- this is the golden question. Maybe he killed both! BC’s friends have been super clear they could not see him doing this. Perhaps BC was accessory after the fact dealing w CS’s body. If MW was armed, perhaps BC was just playing it cool until he could safely report to LE. Maybe MW sensed this & killed him back at his house & staged things to appear as suicide. Just speculating...

BBM- YES- this is the golden question. Maybe he killed both! BC’s friends have been super clear they could not see him doing this. Perhaps BC was accessory after the fact dealing w CS’s body. If MW was armed, perhaps BC was just playing it cool until he could safely report to LE. Maybe MW sensed this & killed him back at his house & staged things to appear as suicide. Just speculating...
If Walton is the killer then I expect he intended to kill Buddy from the beginning as a plot to frame him for killing Celia and tricked Buddy into buying the supplies, to manufacture strong circumstantial evidence against him.

However, this could simply indicate that enough evidence has emerged that Walton was complicit in committing a felony crime during which Celia was killed and the charge has risen to the level of "felony murder" which I assume is a thing in South Carolina. I have no idea how they book it though.

It would be revealing to know the details of how exactly Walton came to be implicated at all in any of it since as far as we know the last witness report of him was at the bar, right?

If Walton is the killer then I expect he intended to kill Buddy from the beginning as a plot to frame him for killing Celia and tricked Buddy into buying the supplies, to manufacture strong circumstantial evidence against him.

However, this could simply indicate that enough evidence has emerged that Walton was complicit in committing a felony crime during which Celia was killed and the charge has risen to the level of "felony murder" which I assume is a thing in South Carolina. I have no idea how they book it though.

It would be revealing to know the details of how exactly Walton came to be implicated at all in any of it since as far as we know the last witness report of him was at the bar, right?
MW’s gf, Gina, would be a witness from the time they returned to the apartments. She’s supposedly Celia’s best friend, so I would hope her desire for justice would override whatever feelings she has for this loser. Could be some other renters or visitors of renters saw some things that night too. I’m sure we’ll learn some twists & turns at trial. MW doesn’t seem like the kind to plead guilty, but I spoze ya never know... I hope they hold his hearing via video conference so justice isn’t delayed too much w C-19.

Police charge suspect with murder in case of missing Charleston woman found in container

Police charge suspect with murder in case of missing Charleston woman found in container

By Ray Rivera | April 15, 2020 at 5:43 PM EDT - Updated April 15 at 7:18 PM
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Investigators have charged a suspect with murder in the case of a missing Charleston woman who was found in a container in the Upstate.

Charleston police officials say Mark Dwayne Walton faces a charge of murder in connection to the death of Celia Sweeney who was reported missing on Feb. 28. Her body was found in Spartanburg County on March 2.

Walton was originally charged last month with accessory after the fact of murder. Authorities say his charge was upgraded to murder about a week ago.

In the news video clip, the reporter says specifically that police say he's now accused of killing CS. However, the text in the news article simply says in connection to the death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back