Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

I’m most interested to see if Watson’s story is lining up with forensic evidence. Fingerprints on hammer & casing, blood spatter at CS apartment. So much that could tell a different version.

You have some of the same sticking points that I do - the fingerprints being a biggie. I would also like to know about "branded" boot prints found inside Celia's apartment and whether BC drove back to the upstate alone or if MW went with, possibly in a different vehicle. I have no doubt LE has these answers, but they've not been released. That MW hasn't been charged with desecration or tampering with evidence gives me pause.

Personally, I think we need to leave obit details and family members out of the discussion. Not only out of respect, but because they are also victims who have lost a loved one. The only thing we should be discussing about any family members is if MSM gave a statement from them.

I will say hypothetically that the parent of a child whose other parent was a suicide victim and implicated in a crime might just want to keep said child's name away from the public and MSM. And I wouldn't blame that parent one bit. Just hypothetical and JMOO.

It’s not CS wanting to go home that is odd, it’s the fact that the bartender said she snuck out alone leaving the other three at the bar. The odd part is how they ended up back in her apartment after she left them if she did not want them there. The GS portion of the story seems odd because she knew CS had left them, why would GS be ok with her boyfriend and his friend going to CS apartment instead of her own with her?

It is indeed a very odd story and hard to fathom. I have a question, some comments and then some scenarios.
1) Is the the current thinking that the folks were hanging out at CS's place so to get rid of them she took them to another bar where she told the bartender she was trying to get rid of them? At first I though it seemed odd to have people in your house and to then go out again, but if people aren't taking the hint and don't want to leave then I think it was quite a smart idea. But only quite.
2) However I do wonder why she didn't ask her BF to come round and get rid of them - and indeed when she did text him about it why he didn't come straight round (if I'm right in thinking the text was to him). But maybe he then called her and was offering to come round but the calls went unanswered. Still some BF's might have come anyway. Please note I am not blaming him in anyway. I'm not sure if the message was to him anyway.
An alternative to that is that she was worried what might kick off if her Bf did come round as the two guys might have seen it as a provocation and she feared violence and escalation of the situation. The police would have been a better idea but maybe hard to do if you're in fear of retribution or falling out with your neighbour friend - given they might have restrictions/rcords that a call out would make problems for.
3) It is odd that they were hanging out at CS's apartment and not at GS's. Maybe MW was having a fight with his girlfriend, maybe he was trying to get BC to leave CS's place. Who knows? Well he does and GS must know something to explain why they were not at her apartment and why MW was coming and going.
4) Another possible scenario - BS slipped up and had got back on meth or whatever it was he was trying to give up. Addiction is powerful. All predictions of his likely behaviour then go out of the door.

On to my scenarios. Friends of the POI or accused please look away.
- I personally believe the bartender's account. It could well have been that CS slipped away. But the guy or guys followed her. She could have been rushed at her apartment door, the perp could have been banging on the door or they could have broken in. Hence her use of the gun if someone was breaking in. Alternatively the gun belonged to one or other of the guys and they used it to gain entry or force their way in. (They could be one or other or both of them).
- Alternatively they both came back into the apartment by whatever means. BC is out stone cold and its MW who attempts something horrible with CS and kills her in the struggle or to prevent her telling GS and its BC who is helping him out with the clear out.

All the to-ing and fro-ing after that is plain bizarre. They planned to get rid of poor CS's body and it was a complicated plan. But How BC ended up dead is tough to explain. Guilt - self destruction. Fight or too much evidence on MW - murder. Only MW knows.

By the way, does anyone know where MW was when he was picked up by the police? Sorry if anything I've said offends, is inaccurate or misread. JMO. Bless you CS. You didn't deserve it.

It is indeed a very odd story and hard to fathom. I have a question, some comments and then some scenarios.
1) Is the the current thinking that the folks were hanging out at CS's place so to get rid of them she took them to another bar where she told the bartender she was trying to get rid of them? At first I though it seemed odd to have people in your house and to then go out again, but if people aren't taking the hint and don't want to leave then I think it was quite a smart idea. But only quite.
2) However I do wonder why she didn't ask her BF to come round and get rid of them - and indeed when she did text him about it why he didn't come straight round (if I'm right in thinking the text was to him). But maybe he then called her and was offering to come round but the calls went unanswered. Still some BF's might have come anyway. Please note I am not blaming him in anyway. I'm not sure if the message was to him anyway.
An alternative to that is that she was worried what might kick off if her Bf did come round as the two guys might have seen it as a provocation and she feared violence and escalation of the situation. The police would have been a better idea but maybe hard to do if you're in fear of retribution or falling out with your neighbour friend - given they might have restrictions/rcords that a call out would make problems for.
3) It is odd that they were hanging out at CS's apartment and not at GS's. Maybe MW was having a fight with his girlfriend, maybe he was trying to get BC to leave CS's place. Who knows? Well he does and GS must know something to explain why they were not at her apartment and why MW was coming and going.
4) Another possible scenario - BS slipped up and had got back on meth or whatever it was he was trying to give up. Addiction is powerful. All predictions of his likely behaviour then go out of the door.

On to my scenarios. Friends of the POI or accused please look away.
- I personally believe the bartender's account. It could well have been that CS slipped away. But the guy or guys followed her. She could have been rushed at her apartment door, the perp could have been banging on the door or they could have broken in. Hence her use of the gun if someone was breaking in. Alternatively the gun belonged to one or other of the guys and they used it to gain entry or force their way in. (They could be one or other or both of them).
- Alternatively they both came back into the apartment by whatever means. BC is out stone cold and its MW who attempts something horrible with CS and kills her in the struggle or to prevent her telling GS and its BC who is helping him out with the clear out.

All the to-ing and fro-ing after that is plain bizarre. They planned to get rid of poor CS's body and it was a complicated plan. But How BC ended up dead is tough to explain. Guilt - self destruction. Fight or too much evidence on MW - murder. Only MW knows.

By the way, does anyone know where MW was when he was picked up by the police? Sorry if anything I've said offends, is inaccurate or misread. JMO. Bless you CS. You didn't deserve it.
Another possibility... CS shot at one of the 2 men (for whatever reason) the other intervened & a struggle ensued. Perhaps a hammer was laying nearby from an earlier repair project & was used as a weapon of opportunity. Don’t recall if it was reported who’s hammer it was. It’d be even more concerning if it was not hers, imo. It was stated though that BC was in construction- but they were coming back from a bar, not a job site. Maybe he left his tool belt in her house? Didn’t want to keep in truck for theft issues? All conjecture.

Last edited:
View Buddy Carr's Obituary on GoUpstate.com and share memories

Buddy Allen Carr
1987 - 2020
904921b0-f2dc-4c05-8f95-fe603dd1c352.jpgx

INMAN, SC- Buddy Allen Carr, 32, of 823 Doc Thompson Lane, Inman, SC, passed away Monday, March 2, 2020 at his home.

Buddy was born in Spartanburg, SC on May 30, 1987...

He was formerly employed in construction and served in the U.S. Marines.

[...]

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Stop Soldier Suicide, 600 Park Offices Drive, Suite 115, Research Triangle, NC 27709.

[...]

No daughter mentioned.

I’m finding it hard to understand all this! Why would you take a body back to your own place to disappear it? You have someone else help you, go to the store and buy supplies, get the body in a tub, leave it out side not hidden, then you go inside and shoot yourself! There’s no logic! Granted in that situation who thinks logically, but there has to be more to this.
MOO

I’m finding it hard to understand all this! Why would you take a body back to your own place to disappear it? You have someone else help you, go to the store and buy supplies, get the body in a tub, leave it out side not hidden, then you go inside and shoot yourself! There’s no logic! Granted in that situation who thinks logically, but there has to be more to this.
MOO

Carr presumably had a plan to dispose of the body in a location he was familiar with near his home then killed himself before it was complete and Walton abandoned the scene.

Possibly some unforseen obstacle presented itself that Carr did not believe he could overcome or his mental health may have been in steady decline the whole time and crossed a line at that point.

Idk. This smells of some kinda setup to me.
Moo.

If Carr did the deed then he could have easily disposed of the body in 1000 places during that 4 hr trip.

It's like (insert whomever) wanted to be sure those 2 bodies were found in close proximity of each other in or near Carrs home.

Moo.

I thought the same thing, but Carr being the one who bought all the disposal supplies nudged me over the balancing point the other direction.

he could have been at the store by someone else’s request. There was another person with him getting prepared to dispose of a body.
Hope there is lots of physical evidence to prove what happened
MOO

he could have been at the store by someone else’s request. There was another person with him getting prepared to dispose of a body.
Hope there is lots of physical evidence to prove what happened
MOO
Yeah, it could be that way. Watson could theoretically have set Carr up from the beginning, getting him to buy all the supplies with the intent of killing him and staging the scene. Watson definitely looks more like a killer than Carr but looks are deceiving.

I'm not ruling anything out, but I think there is a good chance that BC offed himself because he knew that LE was on to him. I believe that LE made two trips to his house. Once on Saturday and "no one was home." Then LE came back Monday with a warrant and found the bodies.

My THEORY is that BC was home when LE came by on Saturday. I think he didn't answer the door, but he knew that the gig was up. I guess this all depends on BC's time of death. He could have been dead before the first police visit. Did his conscience get to him? Did his pending meth cases factor into his decision to end it all?

As far as what exactly happened to CS and other party's possible knowledge and involvement......I have no idea.

MOO

I've submitted my verification information. I can speak on my personal knowledge of the kind of person BC was. Also, why would a CoD still not have been released or given to the family of BC yet? Suicide is (from my understanding of explanation given to me by a LE friend) fairly easy to determine. Also, no information about the crime scene has been released by the county BC and CS bodies were found in. Contradicting statements in media outlets regarding the location of CS body. My strongest sympathies to the family and friends of CS. We are all so very sorry for what you are going through. Our hearts hurt for you and with you. I'm sorry if this breaks any rules or standards, admins.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back