Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Same problems WRT the virus here in NC -- and certainly in many other states. Suspects in jail awaiting trial for longer than usual, and it's not usually a short time under good conditions. Justice for both sides will come, let's hope.
So, as usual, we wait...

I’m in a small rural county, nothing like the size of Charleston, and I’m watching a few local cases that seem idle. I’m sure preparations are being made and such but well over a year wait so far. I’m not expecting anything this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit the brakes again with the case increases in SC.
Who knows. You would think so, but I live in CHS and not much seems to be shutting down any time soon. The governor has come out and said they are not shutting down the state, the schools, or mandating masks, so I feel like this time around things may stay open. And yes, the rates are really high here again. Ugh.

Can anyone explain what all the filings mean? Will this trial ever happen

CourtPlus
This is moving very slowly. A request for preliminary hearing was made in June 2020 and not held until January 2021.

It appears that he had a bond hearing on November 8 and the conditions were modified but it's not clear in what way since the documents aren't available.

It doesn't appear that a trial date has been set. This is going to take a while yet. MOO

From the link:

12/02/2021 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/MODIFY OF CONDITIONS/ SEE ORDER
11/10/2021 MOTION/PRODUCTION
11/10/2021 CERTIFICATE/CERTIFICATE OF MAILING
11/10/2021 LETTER/LETTER
11/08/2021 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/ CHANGE IN CONDITIONS/ SEE ORDER
09/29/2021 MOTION/AMENDING CONDITIONS OF BOND
07/28/2021 INDICTMENT/INDICTMENT
07/12/2021 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/ CONTINUED
06/21/2021 MOTION/AMENDING CONDITIONS OF BOND
01/04/2021 PRELIMINARY HEARING / BOUND OVER
12/01/2020 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/CHANGE IN CONDITIONS/SEE ORDER
06/03/2020 PRELIMINARY HEARING REQUEST
05/04/2020 BOND/BOND PAPERWORK/ U250-20836447
05/01/2020 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/$250000 SU
04/27/2020 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
04/27/2020 MOTION/DISCOVERY
04/24/2020 MOTION/MOTION FOR BOND
04/13/2020 WAIVE APPEARANCE AT BOND HEARING
04/13/2020 WARRANT AND AFFIDAVIT

These things can drag on for long stretches and I humbly admit that impatience is one of my many faults. I’ll be surprised if he actually rolls the dice on taking this to trial. With just the little evidence that we have seen that seems foolish.

I think he will definitely take it to trial unless they offer him something much lower like accessory after the fact. I think everything with Buddy was part of his plan and it all went off near enough to how he planned it that he feels confident he won't be convicted of murder

I think he will definitely take it to trial unless they offer him something much lower like accessory after the fact. I think everything with Buddy was part of his plan and it all went off near enough to how he planned it that he feels confident he won't be convicted of murder

That was the original charge (accessory) and figured that’s what he would go back to. Toss it all on Carr and plead it out since Carr seems to be the main player. I’m interested to know if this was a planned murder or an advance that didn’t go his way. There’s just so little known.

That was the original charge (accessory) and figured that’s what he would go back to. Toss it all on Carr and plead it out since Carr seems to be the main player. I’m interested to know if this was a planned murder or an advance that didn’t go his way. There’s just so little known.
I expect that the murder was a drunken mistake but the follow-up was quite coldly planned. If the prosecutors were willing to let him walk away with accessory after the fact they wouldn't have upgraded the charges, probably. I'd have expected he would have been glad to plead guilty to accessory right away. My glance at the above link leads me to wonder if maybe he's also being charged with Buddy's murder but that's just because at a glance the indictment says murder/murder but that could just be the legal format for the state.

I expect that the murder was a drunken mistake but the follow-up was quite coldly planned. If the prosecutors were willing to let him walk away with accessory after the fact they wouldn't have upgraded the charges, probably. I'd have expected he would have been glad to plead guilty to accessory right away. My glance at the above link leads me to wonder if maybe he's also being charged with Buddy's murder but that's just because at a glance the indictment says murder/murder but that could just be the legal format for the state.

I was wondering if the Murder charge was more to guarantee his guilty plea to something lesser tho I think they can put him in her home with phone records. I don’t think I’ve seen anything where they think Walton came to Spartanburg. My thinking on this not being planned in advance is the careless way the attempted cover up happened and I don’t think Buddy expected them to come to him so quick. It looks like he was about to bury her in those woods when they showed up and he decided suicide was the escape.

I’ve yet to hear anything about Carrs dog except that he seemed to spend a lot of time with the pet. No mention of the dog being at the home, maybe killed too? I’m sure the poor animal was scared if so.

I was wondering if the Murder charge was more to guarantee his guilty plea to something lesser tho I think they can put him in her home with phone records. I don’t think I’ve seen anything where they think Walton came to Spartanburg. My thinking on this not being planned in advance is the careless way the attempted cover up happened and I don’t think Buddy expected them to come to him so quick. It looks like he was about to bury her in those woods when they showed up and he decided suicide was the escape.

I’ve yet to hear anything about Carrs dog except that he seemed to spend a lot of time with the pet. No mention of the dog being at the home, maybe killed too? I’m sure the poor animal was scared if so.
I think Walton had more to do with the actual murder than he's admitted or been accused of. Maybe a little more, maybe a lot more. All this delay may be prosecutors compiling evidence.

I think Walton had more to do with the actual murder than he's admitted or been accused of. Maybe a little more, maybe a lot more. All this delay may be prosecutors compiling evidence.

I’ve thought about this with him actually living near her and the friendship that Calia had with them. Conventional wisdom says most murder victims are somewhat close to the killer. I’m still taken back with the sloppy cover up and it looks like they may have tried to clean up but said to heck with it and took off. They had to know that the scene would be found that way.

I’ve thought about this with him actually living near her and the friendship that Calia had with them. Conventional wisdom says most murder victims are somewhat close to the killer. I’m still taken back with the sloppy cover up and it looks like they may have tried to clean up but said to heck with it and took off. They had to know that the scene would be found that way.
Celias boyfriend had been trying to get in touch with her, I have a feeling they saw a message saying he was coming and had less time than they had expected to clean up

I honestly think Walton killed Buddy too. Nobody has even brought up the fact that he was outspoken about leaving the Hells Angels. That doesn't happen. Trust me, I know first hand you don't just walk away from the club. I think Walton had a hand in Celia's death and then went to Spartanburg and killed Buddy only to ride back to Charleston in hopes it would all fall on Buddy.

I honestly think Walton killed Buddy too. Nobody has even brought up the fact that he was outspoken about leaving the Hells Angels. That doesn't happen. Trust me, I know first hand you don't just walk away from the club. I think Walton had a hand in Celia's death and then went to Spartanburg and killed Buddy only to ride back to Charleston in hopes it would all fall on Buddy.

Good points and welcome to the site. I’ve heard this suggested and thought about how closely they were able to track Buddy. How would Walton be able to avoid that? I just wonder if Bud made it back and didn’t expect LE to be that quick. It appears that somebody intended to bury Celia in that woodline.
I’ve wondered too about a MC connection and think I mentioned it here before. I wasn’t aware of any quitting and only seen some other SM content related to it. So far I have a hard time connecting it other than them both being involved with a club.

I know it's been some time but I thought he bonded awhile ago when they moved it to $250,000 (unless I'm mistaken) but it was discussed upthread

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back