Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 3, 2020
Mother speaks out after man's body found with missing woman, Celia Sweeney
Carr’s mom sounds super sincere & distraught- clearly doesn’t think son killed Celia, and that there’s more to the story. She also felt terrible for Celia’s grieving family.

With the arrest of M.D. Walton, I’m wondering what really happened. Celia served drinks to Carr (or cut him off in 1 report) but what is the connection of both to Walton?

I believe just that Walton is now being officially charged with connection to the homicide

He's been changed with accessory to murder after the fact or accessory to a felony after the fact I believe. I still think the police right now are focussed on Carr being the actual POI, which I am insure if that is the right direction at this point.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article240885226.html
Information on how Sweeney, Carr and Walton knew each other was not available. Carr’s Inman home is more than 200 miles away from where Sweeney was last seen.

Sweeney’s co-workers and friends reported her missing to Charleston police Feb. 28.

The Charleston resident hadn’t maintained contact with them, or showed up to work, which was out of the ordinary behavior for her, police spokesman Charles Francis told The State.

New Members: Rules - Etiquette & Information

Last edited:
Wow...my heart breaks for Buddy's mom. If she reads this...I want her to know that I, for one, (I know there's got to be others that) never jumped to a conclusion that he was a monster. I could tell from the get go that there is definitely more to this bizarre case then what was it was made to look like by those attempting to cover up what they had done. My take is someone drove Buddy's truck back to his house....set a scene up to make it appear like a murder suicide. This is why they didn't park Buddy's truck in right spot. I also read that cops went there Saturday and found no one home...so these accessories must have set it up between Sat and Monday if that's true.

Last edited:
Wow...my heart breaks for Buddy's mom. If she reads this...I want her to know that I, for one, (I know there's got to be others that) never jumped to a conclusion that he was a monster. I could tell from the get go that there is definitely more to this bizarre case then what was it was made to look like by those attempting to cover up what they had done. My take is someone drove Buddy's truck back to his house....set a scene up to make it appear like a murder suicide. This is why they didn't park Buddy's truck in right spot. I also read that cops went there Saturday and found no one home...so these accessories must have set it up between Sat and Monday if that's true.
Yes, if buddy was heavily intoxicated at the bar, there is no way he drove back. I hope the evidence that is found is conclusive.

Bond set at $500k for man arrested in connection to death of woman reported missing from Charleston
Bond was set at $500,000 for a man arrested in connection to the death of a missing Charleston woman whose body was found in Spartanburg County.

[...]

A newly released affidavit states that during a welfare check on Friday, police found a significant amount of blood throughout Sweeney’s Charleston apartment and signs of a struggle.

In addition, a single gun cartridge casing was found in the living room of the apartment.

Sweeney’s body was later found in Spartanburg County on Monday along with the body of another man, who investigators believe is directly connected to Sweeney’s killing.

Court documents state Walton was involved after her murder.

[...]

What I dont get is that there was blood and evidence of a struggle in Celia's apartment, along with a bullet shell... Celia died of blunt force trauma to the head... where did the bullet go???
Where did you hear about a bullet? There was only blood and sign of a struggle, I thought.

What I dont get is that there was blood and evidence of a struggle in Celia's apartment, along with a bullet shell... Celia died of blunt force trauma to the head... where did the bullet go???

Presumably into Buddy's head. I'm sorry for the bluntness; I just can't think of a nicer way to say it.

ETA: The best unifying explanation I can think up is that maybe the police think Buddy killed Celia and then shot himself. Some time later, Walton and Celia's supposed best friend came upon the scene and removed the gun.
That would explain why it wasn't called a murder-suicide right off the bat, and it would also explain the accessory charges.

Where did you hear about a bullet? There was only blood and sign of a struggle, I thought.
From article:
"newly released affidavit states that during a welfare check on Friday, police found a significant amount of blood throughout Sweeney’s Charleston apartment and signs of a struggle.

In addition, a single gun cartridge casing was found in the living room of the apartment."
Presumably into Buddy's head. I'm sorry for the bluntness; I just can't think of a nicer way to say it.

I dont mind, that was my thought but, her apartment is in Charleston, bodies in Spartanburg..

I had the same questions- what does the bullet casing have to do with the blunt force trauma COD?
https://www.officer.com/investigations/article/10249149/death-by-blunt-force-trauma

ETA: The best unifying explanation I can think up is that maybe the police think Buddy killed Celia and then shot himself. Some time later, Walton and Celia's supposed best friend came upon the scene and removed the gun.
That would explain why it wasn't called a murder-suicide right off the bat, and it would also explain the accessory charges.

What would be the reason to cover it up though. If it was a murder suicide and it was all Buddy, why even get involved. If it was buddy then the other two had no reason to do anything. I find it strange Buddy would take his own life .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back