SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many here were outraged when those two boys were beaten (one of whom died as a result of the beating) by the church elders?

A teenager being a brat is NEVER an excuse to use violence to try to force their compliance. <modsnip>

I agree. I wonder how many of us were brats at one time or another as teenagers. :angel: With the violence advocated toward brats it's a miracle so many of us make it to adulthood. Sadly some don't :(

<modsnip> sadly it's obvious this bratty behavior will continue. God help our country. I'm so sad for the world my grandchildren will live in. :facepalm:

I agree. I wonder how many of us were brats at one time or another as teenagers. :angel: With the violence advocated toward brats it's a miracle so many of us make it to adulthood. Sadly some don't :(

Many years ago (back in the 80's), I facilitated an APPLE parenting class. Some of the attendees enrolled voluntarily because they were truly interested in learning how to be better parents, and some of the attendees were forced to enroll by court order. I remember one court-ordered mother stating in class that she had no choice but to punch her son. In her words: He wouldn't listen to her unless she beat him.

This is no different than stating that the SRO was in the right for his actions against this student.

I refuse to condone violence. I will continue to speak out against violence.

There have been many posts over these past two threads that have tried to justify the SRO's actions against the teenaged student. Please let's not pretend that the student hasn't been blamed by many of the posters for the action taken against her by the SRO.

You are conflating two separate questions, and using my reply to the first as if I replied to the second.

Please don't twist what I said that way.

If a cop did that to Fields daughter; He would have been pd off. So he should understand where we are coming from.

Jmo.

If a cop did that to Fields daughter; He would have been pd off. So he should understand where we are coming from.

Possibly. Either that, or, given his clear violence issues, he'd get into a long and stimulating conversation with the other cop on the finer points of slammology.

So is the consensus that a defiant teen should be body-slammed & thrown across the floor, in order to teach other teens that they should not dare to defy a teacher's or an admin's directive?

Not a single poster here-- in close to 2,000 comments --ever said that.

There have been many posts over these past two threads that have tried to justify the SRO's actions against the teenaged student. Please let's not pretend that the student hasn't been blamed by many of the posters for the action taken against her by the SRO.

You are conflating two separate questions, and using my reply to the first as if I replied to the second.

Please don't twist what I said that way.

Please explain the conflation, especially since my OP didn't quote you. Also, please explain the so-called "two separate questions". The fact is: Many here have tried to justify the SRO's violence against the student.

My point was and is: The SRO's violent actions against the teen are not justified. I defy anyone who claims that the teen's unruly demeanor warranted such violent physical action against her.

I've got a f88ed up idea: let's teach our young people that those with the power to attack with violence are those who should be obeyed without question. Because that's worked out so well for women, children, and ethnic minorities for thousands of years.

Naaaah - I've got a better idea: let's teach our young people that no one has the right to violently attack them without cause (without cause meaning: not in response to anything even remotely resembling violence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat