SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as any punishment from the school, I am torn. I do believe that she has to be held accountable for her actions. From what I understand from MSM reports she was not cleared to return to the school for at least four days. That is more time than a three day suspension. So in a way she got a suspension without it being an official suspension. If I am understanding the MSM reports correctly. I don't feel as though she has gone without consequences for her actions as far as the school is concerned. Just my two cents.

Maybe not in those exact words but some want to shake the hand of the RO and thank him.I take that as approval.
Some laughed with delight and said she got what she deserved.
IMO

“I” said I would shake the officer’s hand, for doing what he did, IF one of my children or grandchildren had been behaving this way. I’ve said it a couple of times here, and I’ll say it once again – I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

We are a nation “supposedly” governed by laws, although in the past year or so, since Ferguson, that doesn’t appear to be the case. There were many there IMO who should be in jail, but that didn’t happen for political reasons, as far as I can see, and this is where I see our country started to divide.

The behavior displayed by this girl may be tolerated in a more primitive society, but not in a country where the laws are binding on everyone and have led to a society that can feed themselves, has a wonderful transportation system, even gone to the moon, etc, etc. Without any laws/rules/regulations/mores, we devolve as a nation to the point where nothing makes any sense and victory goes to the strongest, the most organized, or the loudest mouth. We have done nothing worthwhile in the past decades, as far as I’m concerned, because we have put millions into trying to make a segment of our population into something it isn’t, or can never be - an exercise in futility. It’s time to take a realistic look at where this country is going, especially where our schools are going when ONE student can hold an entire class and, seemingly the entire school hostage by open defiance, and the PTB are too afraid of being called names and too politically correct to hold her to the same rules/regulations/laws the rest of us are subjected to.

Yes, I’d shake his hand if it were my family involved, because I want them to grow up with respect for others and the law, and if it takes being knocked down a peg, so be it. Sometimes some people need to be knocked down a peg in my opinion. My heart does not bleed for this girl, it hurts for the officer who lost his job and his future because of ONE defiant student and a justice system that has gone crazy.

My Opinion only

They should make him walk the beat in the slums of Chicago where his brute force can be of some use against the gang bangers. But a cushy school environment like this one is not for him. Jmo

Maybe not in those exact words but some want to shake the hand of the RO and thank him.I take that as approval.
Some laughed with delight and said she got what she deserved.
IMO

bbm I said she got what she deserved/asked for, and I stand by that. jmo idk

ETA My daughter would never have done that, because to get that far in life with that attitude she was never corrected as she grew where as my daughter was. Kids are like trees, sometimes they will be begin to lean and have to straighted out as they grow. jmo idk

bbm I said she got what she deserved/asked for, and I stand by that. jmo idk

ETA My daughter would never have done that, because to get that far in life with that attitude she was never corrected as she grew where as my daughter was. Kids are like trees, sometimes they will be begin to lean and have to straighted out as they grow. jmo idk

If he wouldn't have handled his daughter in class like that than i wouldn't shake his hand because he would be a hypocrit. So until he says that he would have done the same to his kid then i would still say it was excessive.

So do you think he would shake the hand of another cop who did that to his daughter? Or do you think he would be mad at the cop for not handling his daughter differently?

Cops treat their own differently all the time. So i will not shake the hand of a bias cop. Jmo

I will not thank him for giving me a speeding ticket while letting people he know off the hook. Jmo

If we're going to drop back in and restate our opinion for the record, mine is that cops shouldn't be called into classrooms to enforce school rules or to discipline kids, that the girl was way out of line and should have been suspended for whatever length of time school rules indicate, and that Fields was put in a situation where he didn't belong and in which the odds were against him of being able to do what was being required of him peacefully.

Force shouldn't have been used at all to remove a nonviolent kid from a classroom, but putting a cop in that room upped the odds dramatically that it would be. The force he used, IMO, was excessive (somewhat debatable) and violated policy enough that he was fired ( not debatable).

“I” said I would shake the officer’s hand, for doing what he did, IF one of my children or grandchildren had been behaving this way. I’ve said it a couple of times here, and I’ll say it once again – I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

We are a nation “supposedly” governed by laws, although in the past year or so, since Ferguson, that doesn’t appear to be the case. There were many there IMO who should be in jail, but that didn’t happen for political reasons, as far as I can see, and this is where I see our country started to divide.

The behavior displayed by this girl may be tolerated in a more primitive society, but not in a country where the laws are binding on everyone and have led to a society that can feed themselves, has a wonderful transportation system, even gone to the moon, etc, etc. Without any laws/rules/regulations/mores, we devolve as a nation to the point where nothing makes any sense and victory goes to the strongest, the most organized, or the loudest mouth. We have done nothing worthwhile in the past decades, as far as I’m concerned, because we have put millions into trying to make a segment of our population into something it isn’t, or can never be - an exercise in futility. It’s time to take a realistic look at where this country is going, especially where our schools are going when ONE student can hold an entire class and, seemingly the entire school hostage by open defiance, and the PTB are too afraid of being called names and too politically correct to hold her to the same rules/regulations/laws the rest of us are subjected to.

Yes, I’d shake his hand if it were my family involved, because I want them to grow up with respect for others and the law, and if it takes being knocked down a peg, so be it. Sometimes some people need to be knocked down a peg in my opinion. My heart does not bleed for this girl, it hurts for the officer who lost his job and his future because of ONE defiant student and a justice system that has gone crazy.

My Opinion only

Good post Trident. :) I totally agree.

If my child/teen refused to put away his/her cellphone, xbox, tv remote, I would slam him/her backwards to the floor, and then pitch him/her forward facedown to the floor.

If my child/teen refused to put away his/her cellphone, xbox, tv remote, I would slam him/her backwards to the floor, and then pitch him/her forward facedown to the floor.

Would you do this at church in front of all the parishioners as well. Would you do this in front of a judge in the court of law or at a police department.

Of course not. Because it is wrong and unacceptable. Jmo

Would you do this at church in front of all the parishioners as well. Would you do this in front of a judge in the court of law or at a police department.

Of course not. Because it is wrong and unacceptable. Jmo

I think there being facetious.

I would not but my children are respectful and would listen and do what there told the first time. MOE

Fields was called to the classroom as a cop, not as a father, to make an arrest, not to tell his own kid to put the remote away. Apples and oranges.

If you're talking about parental discipline , I can't imagine anyone being OK with that scenario. I'm pretty sure it would be considered child abuse, and if its not, it should be.

I have never even spanked my kid, not even one quick whack. Have never wanted to, never been tempted, never thought it was a good idea, even when he was his most defiant, and he's certainly been that and will be that again, bless his independent-thinking heart.

Not a single poster here-- in close to 2,000 comments --ever said that.

There have been many posts over these past two threads that have tried to justify the SRO's actions against the teenaged student. Please let's not pretend that the student hasn't been blamed by many of the posters for the action taken against her by the SRO.

My Opinion only

I'm almost afraid to ask,but what segment of the population? You can't mean a person that commits a crime because what she did wasn't a crime.IMO
She broke a rule. I don't think it can be equated with holding anyone hostage.
As for the RO... he also broke a rule which is why he lost his job.
I'm not going to hold a 16 year old responsible for the actions of an adult seasoned LEO.
You don't have to tip over a chair and throw a person across the room to teach them respect. IMO

The absence of thanks to your post says it all: No one would condone their teen being body slammed to the floor, nor would they condone their teen being thrown across the room for violating a cell phone policy or for refusing to leave a room, unless they are a parent who uses violence to try to control their child.

I refuse to believe that any reasonable parent would treat their teen child in this violent manner.

If a reasonable parent wouldn't treat their teen child in this violent manner, why would they allow anyone else to do so?

So many folks claim: "My child would NEVER behave that way".

Word to the wise: one never knows for certain how one's children will behave until after they do or do not behave.

So many folks claim: "My child would NEVER behave that way".

Word to the wise: one never knows for certain how one's children will behave until after they do or do not behave.

Never say never. I agree.

What's really unfortunate is assault being excused because a child was a brat and after all she started it.

How many here were outraged when those two boys were beaten (one of whom died as a result of the beating) by the church elders?

A teenager being a brat is NEVER an excuse to use violence to try to force their compliance. <modsnip>

Cop was wrong. yes.

Question, would cop have had a chance to be wrong if "child" had listened the first time? The second time? The third time?

Cop was wrong. YES. No one is excusing cop. Cop would not have even been in the picture if "child" had listened. Why is this hard to comprehend? I am honestly confuddled. Why do we as a society forget what "victim" does prior to a big uproar incident?

And yes, I KNNOW my children would NEVER behave that way. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed