GUILTY SC - Devon Epps, 7, murdered, Greenville, 12 Aug 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kezlyn- I can not agree with you more-and I was very on the fence in the beginning too. I didn't form my opinions from her myspace page, and I would strongly discourage anyone who does. Thank you for those great examples of myspace pages because that is how it normally is on there.

Her myspace site was, if anything, a peek at another side of Amanda. I think I said way back in the beginning that it wasn't her myspace site that made me suspicious...it was her story.

We didn't even find her myspace site till a few days into the case. I think a lot of people had already poked holes in her story by then.

Kezlyn good post It is very good to have polar opposite opinions to keep things balanced. Some people come off judgemental and non tolerant, some forget we rarely know enough to make an informed guess on what has happened. Others are good at dishing out their opinions but can not be graceful in accpeting someone elses or become defensive if not agreed with. All make the world go around.

I don't think people on this thread are being judgmental and non-tolerant, but expierenced with crimes like these and being able to find flaws in a certain someone's story. For many of the commenters here this isn't the first 'a stranger did it' claim they hear. This isn't the first murdered child case they've dug into (which involves a whole lot more than just reading a MySpace page). They recognize a made-up story when they see it.

thanks BhanMama. I should have read the article more closely.

No problem. I'd be upset too if I thought she was riding around carefree in a car her little one had died in.

This is much more complicated now than it was when it first posted here.

And to add to Kezlyn's excellent post, some people are freaking out because they saw her at a mall.

I didn't get upset about that part. One day after my baby cousin died his mother and I went to the mall as well. To buy a suit for him to be buried in as well as some shoes. We stopped at the hallmark store for thank you cards too.

While I think A has def made some comments to the police and her friends posting on the boards hasn't helped, you can't judge someone from just a few short glances into their world.

As much as I hope a mother hasn't hurt her kid, a random stranger killing a little boy while mama looks on really never turns out to be either random, or a stranger.

I have read thread with interest. I really haven't decided whether I think the mother killed her son or not. But I want to make a comment regarding judging this woman's character by viewing her Myspace page.

I have 4 younger cousins, who I know well, but being 10-15 years older I am not so involved in their social lives apart from family functions. I keep up with their "party" lives through their Myspace pages! And let me tell you, what they have on their Myspace pages is only one facet of their personalities/lives.

1. My 23 year old female cousin's site is all about her friends, parties she attends, and her travels. There are hundreds of photos of her in nightclubs, or on the banks of a river in a bikini, and lots of comments about men she finds "cute". She is a college graduate, works full time, rarely drinks, lives with her parents, and the holiday trips to the river are taken with her parents. She is intelligent, kind, considerate, mature and sensible. And you'd never guess any of that by looking at her site.

2. My 25 year old female cousin's site is similar, except there's more alcohol involved! She is the most beloved member of our extended family because of her exuberant and loving nature. She works in a nursing home (and loves it), is studying to be a nurse, lives with her parents, and is a carer for her invalid mother. You'd never guess any of that by looking at her site.

3. My 27 year old female cousin seems to be permanently drunk and on the prowl for men on her Myspace site. She is also a college graduate who works full time, lives with her parents, and has just cautiously entered into a new relationship after a 7 year relationship ended. She is intelligent and is planning furiously for her future. You'd never know that from her site.

4. My 19 year old male cousin's site is black. He is "emo" and his site is all about love and loss, dark music, and has very few photos, other than graphics and drawings. In "real life" he is a sunny and loving boy who doesn't drink or smoke, is totally anti-drugs, and has come through some betrayals and losses exceptionally well. You'd never know that from his site.

I know that there is a difference; that none of my cousins are parents, but I want you to consider that Amanda Epps' site was probably only one facet of her personality. The vast majority of Myspace sites are similar, and it is a wise thing to do to keep pictures of your child off your page. Sure, she comes across as a party animal, but did any of you really notice that all those photos came from the SAME party, in September last year? And that that party was held for 4 birthday girls? I agree, it was an excessive amount of alcohol, but there is no indication Amanda was doing that every weekend.

I could easily set up a Myspace site with photos of a party I attended in my second last year of high school. Piles of alcohol, people doing silly things, and me writing about the party with no mention of anything else. It would be really easy for you (especially if you'd come to my page with a preconceived notion of what sort of person I was) and form the opinion that I was the next Lindsay Lohan. But you wouldn't know that it was the ONLY party I attended in high school! Myself and my friends talked about it for years to come because it was a really memorable night (not the least for me - I met my future husband there!) and you bet your buttons if I had set up some sort of website in the year after that party all the photos on there would have come from the party.

I think her behaviour is hinky too, but calling someone a murderer because they held a party with lots of alcohol is way off, IMO. Yes, she is a parent, but parents like to let off steam sometimes too, and like I said, it really only looks like she did it ONCE!!

Oh, and I drank sangria (similar to PJ) from a wash tub once. Mmmmmm....

Great post. I like the way you reason!

I don't see any articles past his funeral.

Nope, no news yet, and the media are as quiet as church mice. I think they are waiting for additional forensic results and watching closely to see if they have a chance of nailing any accomplice. The greenvilleonline forum is still going strong, and seem to have resorted to socializing and telling jokes during the lull.....nothing wrong with that. They are as desperate as anyone for news. Family and friends of the mother and father of Devon are posting, along with a core group of dedicated followers, and a few borderline trolls. I check pretty often, (when work doesn't get in the way! :behindbar ), and I will post here ASAP if anything breaks.

Sometimes silence is good....remember, there's quiet before a storm.

Maybe they are trying to make her feel comfortable/ more relaxed so that she will slip up? I hope so.....

One thought on the greenvilleonline forum is this:
The mother appears to be one who likes attention. Possibly by leaving the case out of the news, she will suddenly "remember" something else about that night to tell the investigators. Of course, it would be pretty easy for them to prove or disprove whether whatever she tells them is the truth.
The other thought is that by keeping quiet there will not be much of a chance of a defense lawyer saying this case was tried in the press and trying to get a change of venue.
I have a feeling that once an arrest is made, we will see a lot of news on this child's death, locally and nationally.

Kezlyn good post It is very good to have polar opposite opinions to keep things balanced. Some people come off judgemental and non tolerant, some forget we rarely know enough to make an informed guess on what has happened. Others are good at dishing out their opinions but can not be graceful in accpeting someone elses or become defensive if not agreed with. All make the world go around.

Good post:clap: :clap: I think this is true about many threads here not just this one.

Nope, no news yet, and the media are as quiet as church mice. I think they are waiting for additional forensic results and watching closely to see if they have a chance of nailing any accomplice. The greenvilleonline forum is still going strong, and seem to have resorted to socializing and telling jokes during the lull.....nothing wrong with that. They are as desperate as anyone for news. Family and friends of the mother and father of Devon are posting, along with a core group of dedicated followers, and a few borderline trolls. I check pretty often, (when work doesn't get in the way! :behindbar ), and I will post here ASAP if anything breaks.

Hi Reannan!

I did a search for Devon Epps on the greenville news site and got this search result:

[FONT=arial, verdana, geneva]Did you mean Devon ups? [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]We didn't find any search results containing "devon epps".
Please refine your query and try again. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]:( :( :([/FONT]

Taximom, I tried the same search with the same results. I have emaild the greenvilleonline support staff and asked them whatz up with that? I will let you know what they say. Still no news.......maybe next week. :(

This makes me so sad, I hope that there is an arrest soon. That poor child, I have 3 kids and I just can't imagine.:(

I just went through my history, and pulled up the forums. This topic was at the top, and it's got new replies. Might just be a board glitch?

ETA: I just did a search for "Devon Epps" and got loads of topics, it must have been a hiccup?

Just a random thought, but I wonder if her 2000 Honda Civic had automatic door locks. And if so, did they lock once the car was put into drive or reached a certain speed? (Most new cars these days do.) I think I might research this and try to find out if that's a possibility.

That's a good thought about the door locks Jen. My car is a 1999 and has the automatic door locks once it's put into drive, but there is 1 back door that it wont lock and I have to do that manually if I need them all locked.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back