GUILTY SC - Devon Epps, 7, murdered, Greenville, 12 Aug 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the update, SewingDeb.

Change the name in that sentence and you have the Michelle Young case. SIGH. :(

This is too quiet. There should be people there screaming for justice for that child. What happened to all the media in this? :furious:

Reannen, anything more on the greenvilleonline forums lately? :confused:

Reannen, anything more on the greenvilleonline forums lately? :confused:

Nothing new.....unless you want to know the inside information on the local high school football games, and who is having a birthday, etc. They are just chatting at this point. I left a question about updates, so if anyone answers, I will report back to you guys. My sister lives in the area, and she had heard that perhaps the murder was committed by someone who had abused Devon, and didn't want him to talk. That is also ridiculous in my opinion. Why wouldn't the perp have just off'ed him during the next episode of abuse? Nothing makes any sense in this case, and I find that totally frustrating. It just CAN'T be that easy to kill someone and get away with it!!!

Okay - based on the initial story here, my hinky meter is going way, way off. I'm going to go look at the myspace pages everyone is talking about. Has the mother passed a polygraph? Has she taken one?

Salem

It just CAN'T be that easy to kill someone and get away with it!!!

That is what makes this story so intriguing. The scary thing is, I am beginning to think maybe it IS that easy sometimes. We had a neighbor once who killed his wife with an "accidental" shotgun blast to the head. He had a mistress whom he married a month or two later. He told the police there was no insurance on his wife, but it turned out there was $100,000 of it. The police just let it go and that was it.

Okay - I'm still on page one here, but it appears this incident took 1/2 hour or so. Is there a possibility that the car jacker also molested the boy while he was in the car with him? If they drove around for 10 minutes before mom was forced out, he would have had 15-20 minutes in the car alone with the boy.

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Salem

Salem, they didn't drive around for ten minutes. The crime scene is an area off of a very busy interstate (I-85) in Greenville, SC. There is a frontage road that is intersected by a rural road (Jacob's Road) with a Waffle House within shouting distance. She was on Jacob's Road and stopped at the stop sign. While stopped, the carjacker supposedly came up to the passenger side of the car, and somehow "forced" himself into the two-door vehicle. Devon was forced into the backseat. Rather than scream and drive away like any sane person would have done, Amanda drove basically ACROSS THE FRONTAGE ROAD to a grassy area. She drove across the road....that was it. She stopped, and the knife-wielding bushy headed stranger (BHS), forced her out of the car. He then proceeded to lock both doors and somehow wedge himself into the back seat where Devon was. Even though he had a knife, he used a pillow to "smother Devon"......which interestingly enough, resulted in "compression to the neck" rather than "smothering" according to the autopsy report. Amanda, who was now forced out of the car.....with only a small scratch to her right arm.....was forced to watch from outside the vehicle, with all four doors locked, and the sunroof was open. This BHS strangled her child to death. The BHS then jumped out of the car (lousy carjacker), and ran off into the woods. She then pulled Devon's body from the car and laid it on the ground at the back of the vehicle. She then went to the FRONT of the vehicle and called 911.....where they were in the process of trying to tell her how to do CPR when LE arrived on the scene. Being a nursing student, I would have thought she would have already known how to do CPR. :bang: Maybe she isn't the brightest bulb in the chandalier???

Thanks Reannan. So I guess my first reaction, like everyone else's, is probably correct. Can't find any holes for mom to crawl out of and it looks like she is probably the perp.

I didn't make it much past pages 3 or 4 last night, I got tired. I'll go back and read some more. I'm very interested to know more about the fire.

I did read that the dad says the picture of the BHS looks like an older version of him. Interesting. The comments by other posters about how a guilty person will come up with a description of someone with authority in their life was also quite enlightening.

We have several little ones missing or harmed here. Breaks my heart.

Salem

New article posted at the greenvilleonline site, but no new information. I think the general concensus is that they are still waiting for some evidence before they arrest Amanda. If you recall, one of the strange things she did, was to turn her MySpace account into a memorial site for Devon the day after the murder!!! That site is now cached. Here is a link, thanks to a poster at the greenvilleonline site:

http://tinyurl.com/34gcwr

Thanks, Reannan. :blowkiss:

After following several cases here and waiting....waiting...waiting for justice to be served I think it really is easy to get away with murder. At least here on earth.

New article posted at the greenvilleonline site, but no new information. I think the general concensus is that they are still waiting for some evidence before they arrest Amanda. If you recall, one of the strange things she did, was to turn her MySpace account into a memorial site for Devon the day after the murder!!! That site is now cached. Here is a link, thanks to a poster at the greenvilleonline site:

http://tinyurl.com/34gcwr

That one has seemed so odd to me from since I saw it. 'I miss you Devon'.... if my child had been brutally killed the day before, I wouldn't 'miss her' the next day - I'd still be in shock and refuse to believe it. I would definitely not be sitting around making cute memorials for her... I'd be under 24 hour watch because I'd be a raving lunatic racing all over town like a nut, trying to find the killer... or knocked out with sedatives.

Yeah I know 'you can't tell how someone would behave'. But still.
That's not why I think she did it though. It's just her story about what happened has holes about 5 miles wide in it. Heck, it is one big hole.

You are so right Janet it has holes a mile wide. I am suprised it is taking so long for there to be an arrest. I wonder what is going on that this is taking so long.

I suspect the delay in making an arrest involves LE making sure they have EVERYONE involved in this case. I am not convinced that Amanda was the actual murderer. She could be covering for her "girlfriend" that was living with her, or for someone else. LE is still searching for the white Lincoln Town car that was seen in the area close to the time of the alleged carjacking. Perhaps this was someone who helped set the stage of the crime scene. There are still 6 detectives dedicated to this case, so I remain confident that justice will eventually prevail.

Me too, Reannan. Sometimes it takes longer than we'd like to see.... I just hope this doesn't go the way Tori and Dean's case did....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back