Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so impressed with LE - they really should share their procedures and the FBI as well.
JMO

I agree.
I especially like the way LE had a continued surveilance / lockdown of the neighborhood which IMO resulted in the solving of this crime. It unfortunately did not save her life but it did contribute to solving the case rather quickly.

There have been other cases where immediate roadblocks were attempted and almost solved the case but somehow the perp slid by until it was eventually resolved. The Holly Bobo case was one of them where roadblocks were used and they got real close to catching the perp(s) in transit since he/they lived not too far away. Luckily that case was eventually solved but the roadblocks were the right idea to begin with and they almost got them the day she disappeared.

I know different locations and different roads in an area make it difficult to use certain techniques like roadblocks, but I hope that method is used as much as possible. Totally isolating a crime scene that had just happened seems like a great technique that can sometimes catch a killer or at least make them get pressured enough to where they off themselves.

To anyone thinking CT was murdered as a cover up:

Law enforcement officials, especially those on this case, are not stupid. Besides DNA evidence, do you not think DNA was taken from his roommate to rule him out? Do you not think a suicide is obvious in how his neck was cut? Do you not think CTs devices were not forensically analyzed? (Child *advertiser censored* as an example of what they could find given the circumstances).

We are but spectators. They are the professionals. They know way, way, way more than you or I and what we have been given in terms of information is likely nothing compared to the troves of evidence they have on this guy.

Please see below:

The length of time it takes to die following an incised wound of the neck depends on several factors. They include whether the venous or arterial systems are severed and whether there is air embolism [6]. In some instances, victims with single carotid artery cut have moved for about 10 minutes

Homicidal Cut Throat: The Forensic Perspective
(I realize this talks more about homicide, but time to death would still be same)

I know this is heartless, but I really dont care because I have only total disdain for this monster.

So I hope it was a slow painful death.

What does shatter my heart is Faye's death wasnt quick when he choked her to death.

To know she was so helpless looking into the eyes of this monster while knowing she was going to die is unbearable for me bringing me to tears.

But my emotional pain cant even begin to encompass the pain, and suffering her mom, and daddy feel. :(

God be with them all.

I don't believe he thought any of this through. I believe he acted on impulse, perhaps he had been able to ignore these impulses previously. IDK. MOO

I think in the end he planned things out. To me at least it seems like he purposefully set it up and watched it unfold. If he was caught by surprise by this turn of events and was in a panic to find the nearest thing to off himself before LE got him, he would have killed himself in his apartment but instead he was found outside. There was no reason to go outside in the direction of LE, which if he had ran to the kitchen to get a knife and was going outside for whatever reason, he risked being tackled by arriving LE once he opened the door - unless he was already outside with the knife where he could see exactly what was going on and was prepared to act once events unfolded.

Below are the details I'm having issues with. I do believe that CT was the murderer, I just believe what is missing is his mental state and personality. Based on what was shared about him he was not stupid, and this crime seems like it was done by someone mentally not there. (Everyone will comment that no one who does this is mentally there, but some crimes are meticulously thought out and committed, and others are random and spur of the moment)

1. Having one boot in the trash can
May have fell off and he wanted to get rid of it? But why didn't he keep these items in his home? If they searched it before, you would think he could hide it in the same place he had kept her during the week?
2. The soup ladle with fresh dirt on it? This would have taken hours to dig a hole? I get he might not have had a shovel but I can't see anyones next thought being to grab a large spoon to dig with?
3. Suicide by cutting his throat - just not as common of a way to kill yourself
I'm curious why he didn't flee, and the kill himself (if that was his goal) in a simpler type of way.
4. No former police record (I am curious about the police sketch that looks similar to him though)
5. Where was he keeping her during the week; unless he was able to hide her in his house while the police searched it

For reference re Taylor's suicide

Lethality of Suicide Methods

According to a 2000 Harvard study of suicide methods in 8 states over a 10 year period suicide by cutting occurs in approximately 1 in 50 cases. Cutting is a much more frequently "tried and failed" suicide attempt.

In the scenario I envision he was sitting on the patio watching them search holding a razor and said "if they find her, I'm slitting my throat" - then they found her.

What other proof is there besides the clue in the trash can that could have been easily planted and a suicide that sounds more like a murder?

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying you believe he was murdered? Surely not. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I have no doubt whatsoever they found his DNA when they autopsied his little victim's body. :( It's very likely his DNA was also found on her personal items as well.

The police arent stupid. I think they have a lot of evidence showing he is the one, and only one who murdered this sweet child.

Jmhoo

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.

BBM. People do slit their wrists to commit suicide. And, we don't know where Faye was killed. Perhaps it was CT's vehicle.

To anyone thinking CT was murdered as a cover up:

Law enforcement officials, especially those on this case, are not stupid. Besides DNA evidence, do you not think DNA was taken from his roommate to rule him out? Do you not think a suicide is obvious in how his neck was cut? Do you not think CTs devices were not forensically analyzed? (Child *advertiser censored* as an example of what they could find given the circumstances).

We are but spectators. They are the professionals. They know way, way, way more than you or I and what we have been given in terms of information is likely nothing compared to the troves of evidence they have on this guy.

not to mention LE likely found the blade/object CT used. Moo

LE did an an amazing job!! The only thing I can think of that might have helped them find her sooner would have been the use of K9s in the apartment walk through. Of course the person may have denied entry but that would have thrown up a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots