Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Below are the details I'm having issues with. I do believe that CT was the murderer, I just believe what is missing is his mental state and personality. Based on what was shared about him he was not stupid, and this crime seems like it was done by someone mentally not there. (Everyone will comment that no one who does this is mentally there, but some crimes are meticulously thought out and committed, and others are random and spur of the moment)

1. Having one boot in the trash can
May have fell off and he wanted to get rid of it? But why didn't he keep these items in his home? If they searched it before, you would think he could hide it in the same place he had kept her during the week?
2. The soup ladle with fresh dirt on it? This would have taken hours to dig a hole? I get he might not have had a shovel but I can't see anyones next thought being to grab a large spoon to dig with?
3. Suicide by cutting his throat - just not as common of a way to kill yourself
I'm curious why he didn't flee, and the kill himself (if that was his goal) in a simpler type of way.
4. No former police record (I am curious about the police sketch that looks similar to him though)
5. Where was he keeping her during the week; unless he was able to hide her in his house while the police searched it
I'm also surprised that he didn't run after putting her body in the woods. It sounds like they were checking cars that were leaving the neighborhood, and if he didn't have any evidence hidden in his car..then I'm not sure what he would have been worried about as far as leaving goes. Unless there had been evidence in his trunk previously, and he was worried about LE detecting a "smell" if his car was searched on the way out.

We will never know. Rip little Miss Faye. JMO
There is one way we might know - if the roommate observed him doing this or if he is caught on those doorbell/house cameras spending a few lingering minutes watching? it's possible, IMO. But I'm not one who things this is the first time he saw her and did it - everything came together as I posted upthread - and others have posted - opportunity IMO
Regarding the ladle - I think she was playing with that. I don't think he tried to dig with it to bury her - and if she had it in her hand and he scooped her up so quick - she would still be holding it- I've considered the boot may have been a trophy as well. I watch too many Criminal Minds.
JMO

LE did an an amazing job!! The only thing I can think of that might have helped them find her sooner would have been the use of K9s in the apartment walk through. Of course the person may have denied entry but that would have thrown up a red flag.
I honestly think she was deceased by the time the searches happened. If he followed the pattern of what usually happened, little Faye was killed before her mom even called the police to report her missing. A cadaver K9 might have found her sooner, but not soon enough to save her. My opinion.

:(

Snipped by me. The spoon was probably something she was playing with.
I doubt that. That would mean it came from her house, and that she went to the woods. I bet they definitely matched up the dirt in the ladle with the dirt in the woods where he last put her. I think late Wednesday night early Thursday he was freaking out and did what he could do to try to hide her in the woods. He may not have had a full range of implements to grab in the place he had hidden her, grabbed a soup ladle as the only thing around, maybe part of a camping outfit in his trunk.

The owner of silver midsize sedan LE was looking - was this ever established to be Coty Taylor's car? IIRC, LE stated this car was seen in the neighborhood around Faye's disappearance and was unaccounted for.

Search effort to 'bring Faye home' continues, 1 of 2 vehicles sought located
I think the cars were likely irrelevant, and they were just covering their bases.

I can think of several cases where law enforcement was looking for particular vehicles, and they proved not to be connected in any way.

To anyone thinking CT was murdered as a cover up:

Law enforcement officials, especially those on this case, are not stupid. Besides DNA evidence, do you not think DNA was taken from his roommate to rule him out? Do you not think a suicide is obvious in how his neck was cut? Do you not think CTs devices were not forensically analyzed? (Child *advertiser censored* as an example of what they could find given the circumstances).

We are but spectators. They are the professionals. They know way, way, way more than you or I and what we have been given in terms of information is likely nothing compared to the troves of evidence they have on this guy.
I think that they are right. It is just difficult to accept the vague evidence followed by an implicit "trust us".

Thank you, PommyMommy, for your advice to me to watch the media thread. I've never been on it so far. I got home a little while ago, googled the press conference and then came here.

I very much appreciate the effort put in by LE and all the first responders. It sounds like they did everything possible, but somehow CT slipped through their dragnet. I've no doubt they will live with this forever. CT had to be a literal sociopath to be able to fool these experienced investigators up until his options expired.

Some dangling details that are confusing to me. If he apparently carried her to the woods at night but had a boot in the trash, I agree with those who feel the boot fell off while he was transporting her, he saw it on the way back and he couldn't risk another trip to the woods. Forgive my insinuation, but given what we suspect, I don't know why he would have still had her boots on at all. I'm making myself sick while I'm writing this, so I'll stop there. I also, like everyone, can't truly figure out how he hid her for two days while police were in the house. I guess he did tuck her away somewhere and LE couldn't just ransack the house of everyone questioned.

I can 100% envision him grabbing a knife in a panic as he knew the jig was up, but I'm not sure why he'd be on the patio. I would imagine he would've done this in the kitchen as soon as he picked up the knife. If he were still actively bleeding when noticed, he must have just done it. Maybe he crawled to the patio but the police would obviously know that from a blood trail.

In any event I'm grateful that the family doesn't have to endure a trial.

Same thing.

A very unlikely way for someone to commit suicide.

Not when you're going to kill yourself as quickly as possible and you haven't had time to prepare. Personalize it and it's understandable, IE; Look around your own home and come up with a faster way. That was the main motivation, imo... the speed at which he could escape LE and the consequences of his depraved actions... by being dead.

Remember, he probably knows LE is going to be at his door in minutes. He is most likely, literally trapped in his apartment at this point. Pills are out, filling a bath tub / electrocution is out... everything takes too much time and LE would have found him alive and would had him in an ambulance as quickly as it could be done; I'd bet on it... they wanted him alive. When you really think about it; what he chose was his best choice and probably his only choice. He was dead within minutes / mission accomplished.

ETA: Same deal with his using a soup ladle that some can't understand. Most apartment dwellers do not keep shovels in their apt. He can't risk being seen buying one and bringing it back when LE is searching cars. The body can't remain in his apt and he's decided that Wednesday is the night to make his move. What can he use to dig some sort of hole in the woods? Again, personalize it and look around your own home. What would you use? Me? I'd head straight to my soup ladle drawer. A soup ladle is, in fact, a small shovel.

Last edited:
Oh my heart. Sweet Faye.

CT tried to get away with his crime, by moving her body and disposing of evidence in the immediate hours prior to trash pickup. I'm convinced he did not consider that LE would re-search the trash. When he saw them find the evidence and go back into the woods, he knew he was done for. Slitting his throat seems to be an impulsive form of suicide.

I think a plausible scenario for how he had her hidden was in a bag or duffel of some sort, to make it easier to carry and conceal her. He was unable to move her out of the neighborhood with it being locked down. Since he wasn't interviewed until Wednesday afternoon I suspect he knew that his home would be searched at some point and took time to hide her well at that location. Based on some things he had written in online in the past and the videos he "liked" on YT, I believe he had some higher intelligence and perhaps knew ways to conceal her scent from the dogs? This is all my opinion, who knows the real truth? We may never.
I do wonder if his DNA will match any other (unsolved) crimes.
MOO
I'm thinking the dogs were only used outside. If they didn't have a good item for scent, they might not have been able to locate her, that is if they were for tracking a living person. If they were cadaver dogs, they most likely couldn't catch the scent because she was inside his apartment. JMO.

Did y’all see this? IMO it is Coty Taylor in 2012 ... and it’s why he changed his appearance so drastically - grew a scruffy beard, let hair grow out and why he chose a 6 year old ...
Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect

Bringing vaporlass' post forward.

This is a composite sketch for the suspect in a 2012 attempted abduction in Lexington County. (Same county as Cayce.) I must say when I saw this several days ago, it gave me chills. 8 years ago.

2e5a410ea7d17b126c986011d75d1983.jpg

Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect

I know this is heartless, but I really dont care because I have only total disdain for this monster.

So I hope it was a slow painful death.

What does shatter my heart is Faye's death wasnt quick when he choked her to death.

To know she was so helpless looking into the eyes of this monster while knowing she was going to die is unbearable for me bringing me to tears.

But my emotional pain cant even begin to encompass the pain, and suffering her mom, and daddy feel. :(

God be with them all.

I couldn't agree more with you @oceanblueeyes... i somehow missed to add the context when i posted this. Somebody had thought that maybe this was a slow death.... With this info, I just wanted to show that this could actually be pretty fast. He may have watched and saw that LE found the boot or poor Faye and by time they would have gotten to him, he would have been gone.

I also strongly wish that his death was slow and painful... I can't stop thinking about beautiful and kind Faye!

Well, to doubt that the perp is in fact the perp is to imply that this group, who appear to be upstanding people, would cover for a pedophile child killer and risk their careers to do so. It's completely unbelievable they would do that. Even hardened criminals in prison despise pedophile child killers.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member