Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When police searched his house approximately 48 hours after her death, would there be an odor yet?

I’m truly hoping the DNA evidence linking Faye to the residence is maybe hair or the release of bowel control or other fluids after death and not SA. They said asphyxiation not strangulation, but maybe his DNA was on her neck? I remember from the Watts case that smothering with fabric can sometimes leave fibers in the lungs. I can hope but I know how unlikely that is.

Do we know if the body was concealed in some way? In a duffle bag or wrapped in a sheet? Even if he moved her in the middle of the night, there were people constantly on the lookout and he couldn’t just carry her openly, could he?

Faye was a tiny 6-year-old child and could have easily been concealed in a garbage bag, suitcase, duffle -- so many possibilities. We don't know if Bryon Snellgrove found her body inside a trash bag or what. I'm inclined to think she was inside a trash bag given it was trash collection day Thursday and neighbors would not be suspicious if he was seen carrying a bag out of his apartment. MOO

Snipped by me. The spoon was probably something she was playing with.
I'm not sure about that. The area is pretty sandy right there. In the maps of the area, you can see a light colored area behind the NAPA. That is a sandy bank. Now, there might be some clay under the sand, but remember, it has been raining a lot here, before and after Faye's murder. A few miles past the airport on that road are sand pits on both sides of the highway. ETA: There was "fresh dirt" on the ladle. That tells me it wasn't lying in the rain since Monday.

They are not going to share every full detail and each state has different laws re how much can be released. JMO

As it should be. we do not “need” to know the specifics. Some may want the info, but why drag that little one down. She was abducted and murdered. They know who the perp was. It doesn’t take much thought to know why he took her.

JMO

Bringing vaporlass' post forward.

This is a composite sketch for the suspect in a 2012 attempted abduction in Lexington County. (Same county as Cayce.) I must say when I saw this several days ago, it gave me chills. 8 years ago.

2e5a410ea7d17b126c986011d75d1983.jpg

Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect

what a difference a day makes! I posted this yesterday morning & people went nuts because of the date.

Miranda Parnell WIS on Twitter
A vigil for #FayeSwetlik is about to begin in the @CityofCayce. This community has shown continued support for Faye and her family since last Monday-and that unity is still evident today. @wis10
ERF2U0YW4AQ0INT.jpg

ERF2U0ZXsAIPZi4.jpg

ERF2U0kXsAAgmtf.jpg

ERF2U0nWAAAIigP.jpg

5:24 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Jenna Kurzyna on Twitter (Video)
Dozens of community members are gathering at City Hall here in Cayce for the prayer vigil and candle lighting in honor of 6-year-old #FayeSwetlik @WLTX
5:28 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Anne Maxwell WSPA on Twitter
People are gathered at Cayce City Hall for a candlelight vigil honoring the life of Faye Swetlik
ERF4BcUWoAEadKf.jpg

5:31 PM - 18 Feb 2020

What day would the trash be collected? One of the reasons that crossed my mind would be if the trash was due for collection the following day and CT thought that it would be taken before LE got to search it... JMOO and supposition

According to Bryon Snellgrove's account of the investigation, LE was constantly checking and re-checking garbage bins, sheds, culverts, etc. and I think CT believed they would not interfere with the sanitation department collection process after constant checks. It was also reported that LE had been searching landfills prior to the scheduled neighborhood collection Thursday.

As it should be. we do not “need” to know the specifics. Some may want the info, but why drag that little one down. She was abducted and murdered. They know who the perp was. It doesn’t take much thought to know why he took her.

JMO

At least we know CT won’t kill again! I hope everyone aware of this remain vigilant if their kids are outdoors. moo

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.
I’m sure there was plenty of his DNA on her body, sadly.

He worked in a restaurant and likely was a key holder, right? They have big refrigerator / freezers, big bags and big cardboard boxes. And sweet little Faye was just a tiny girl. I wonder if they investigated that restaurants storage areas.

If CT was able to smuggle the child out of the neighborhood to his restaurant freezer
more than 3 miles away, it doesn't follow that he would bring her back to his apartment to deposit her in the woods-- steps away from his door. Nope -- that's not logical. I think he'd put her in a dumpster before bringing her back to his apartment. MOO

Below are the details I'm having issues with. I do believe that CT was the murderer, I just believe what is missing is his mental state and personality. Based on what was shared about him he was not stupid, and this crime seems like it was done by someone mentally not there. (Everyone will comment that no one who does this is mentally there, but some crimes are meticulously thought out and committed, and others are random and spur of the moment)

1. Having one boot in the trash can
May have fell off and he wanted to get rid of it? But why didn't he keep these items in his home? If they searched it before, you would think he could hide it in the same place he had kept her during the week?
2. The soup ladle with fresh dirt on it? This would have taken hours to dig a hole? I get he might not have had a shovel but I can't see anyones next thought being to grab a large spoon to dig with?

I'm curious why he didn't flee, and the kill himself (if that was his goal) in a simpler type of way.
4. No former police record (I am curious about the police sketch that looks similar to him though)
5. Where was he keeping her during the week; unless he was able to hide her in his house while the police searched it
Very good post with many questions that still need answers. Maybe these answers will come shortly after LE and the coroner releases more information about CT. The autopsy should reveal drugs in CT's body, especially antidepressants. Why would CT use a ladle when a frying pan or cooking pot can dig more soil? CT could have easily committed suicide by cop by approaching police with the knife. CT probably did not own a firearm. Plenty of places to hide a small child's body in an apartment or townhouse since CT was not named as a POI or suspect early on. CT's apartment needs to be thoroughly searched and his possessions (computer, cell phone, etc.) scrutinized. His freezer should also be searched for freezer-pops. This case needs to be thoroughly scrutinized just in case there is a third person involved. JMHO

Just my thoughts after seeing the press conference today.
After CT killed FS I think he put her in the trash can thinking he would deal with disposing of her later.
Therefore, not in the house per se when the police came to "search".
But maybe taken in the house after thinking they wouldn't search again inside but had dogs outside.

Then, once surrounded dealing with her became near impossible.
Perhaps roommate was due back soon.
He can't really go buy a shovel because LE is watching everything.
In a panic he takes the trash can into the woods and makes an attempt at concealing her. It doesn't work.
He puts the trash can back.
Sees them going through trash the next day and realizes they are going to find evidence and offs himself.

Last edited:
Bringing vaporlass' post forward.

This is a composite sketch for the suspect in a 2012 attempted abduction in Lexington County. (Same county as Cayce.) I must say when I saw this several days ago, it gave me chills. 8 years ago.

Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect
I don't think that's considered MSM. It's only found 2 times in a search and both appear to be fly by night reporting.
It would be nice if we could find a reputable source.
Can we see if we can find one?
It does look to me like the sketch is similar to what I think he may have looked like maybe 8 years ago, but, who knows.
I'm sure LE has looked into this for authenticy .My Opinion.

What day would the trash be collected? One of the reasons that crossed my mind would be if the trash was due for collection the following day and CT thought that it would be taken before LE got to search it... JMOO and supposition
The trash collection is on Thursday. LE had already checked all the cans on Wednesday.

He worked in a restaurant and likely was a key holder, right? They have big refrigerator / freezers, big bags and big cardboard boxes. And sweet little Faye was just a tiny girl. I wonder if they investigated that restaurants storage areas.
If he had been able to get her past LE, he wouldn't have risked bringing her back into or near the neighborhood. My grandkids used to hide under living room chairs, and they're only about four inches off the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove