Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Adaline on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: Cayce Law enforcement gives update on the search for #FayeSwetlik @wis10 ... says there is “lots of incorrect information floating around.... false rumors can divert investigation.”

EQlvxHiXUAEv82L.jpg

11:47 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Lots of incorrect information on social media
As LE they are committed to giving timely and accurate info
False rumors divert resources
Follow Cayce social media for updates
We will host press briefings daily at the church at 11:45
Giving video to media of her getting off of bus

Says anything aside normal status updates they will notify

Questions:
Has mom taken poly ? No comment
(couldn't hear this question about cars) No comment
Question about dogs - We have dogs, they are a vital asset we are still actively searching
Still exploring every possibility
Our search has been expanded past 1 mile
Along the interstate moving E toward Charleston Highway

Question about not allowing search volunteers - "The area we are searching isn't large enough to need volunteer searches. Using grid searching. It will be counter productive to use citizens."

I missed the last question but it wasn't much :(

Shanté Sumpter on Twitter
Officials will host press briefings daily at Trinity Baptist Church at 11:45am throughout the investigation. They will be releasing a video showing Faye Swetlik getting off the school bus. @wachfox They want the public to push that video out.
11:49 AM - 12 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

ABC Columbia on Twitter
#BREAKING: "We are still actively looking for Faye to bring her home" - Sergeant Evan Antley. @Cayce_DPS will release a new video of #FayeSwetlik getting off her school bus on Monday. We will upload the video to http://abccolumbia.com as soon as it becomes available. #SCNews
11:51 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Says anything aside normal status updates they will notify

Questions:
Has mom taken poly ? No comment
(couldn't hear this question about cars) No comment
Question about dogs - We have dogs, they are a vital asset we are still actively searching
Still exploring every possibility
Our search has been expanded past 1 mile
Along the interstate moving E toward Charleston Highway

Question about not allowing search volunteers - "The area we are searching isn't large enough to need volunteer searches. Using grid searching. It will be counter productive to use citizens."

Theres many sex offenders on e. Charleston highway.

Darci Strickland on Twitter
Law enforcement says there is a lot of inaccurate information on social media about missing 6 year old Faye Swetlik. There will be daily press briefings at 11:45AM at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce. #PrayForFaye
11:48 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Darci Strickland on Twitter
According to law enforcement, the area that is being searched is not largest enough for volunteers. This is still an active ongoing investigation. #FayeSwetlik
11:52 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Nic Jones on Twitter (Video)
NEW INFORMATION: The @Cayce_DPS has now released this surveillance video of six-year-old Faye Swetlik getting off the school bus on Monday afternoon @WLTX
11:54 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Cody Alcorn on Twitter

1f6a8.png
MAJOR UPDATE IN FAYE SWETLIK CASE
1f6a8.png

Q U I T S P R E A D I N G F A L S E I N F O.
203c.png

Faye is still MISSING.
11:55 AM - 12 Feb 2020 from Wade Hampton, SC

Well, good news is they haven’t found her so she may still be alive. The bad news is ... they haven’t found her. No family begging for her return, I don’t understand .... No Amber Alert, because there’s no suspect, but my Lord, WHAT could it hurt to plaster her photo everywhere? An abductor could be in Texas by now! Yet, they focus on her neighborhood which makes me wonder if they have seen something on someone’s video cameras. for safe return.

The night she went missing they were alerting everyone, making fliers, etc. I think this case fortunately was immediately so widely publicized that the mom and boyfriend pleading would only distract from finding Faye, imo. We’ve seen the relentless completely inaccurate rumors on FB, the parents would be eaten alive no matter how they’d react or what they’d say on camera. Moo

Thanks to all for your synopsis.
If this has not been mentioned (I apologize if I am repeating)the officer also mentioned Faye’s mother was at the family home this entire time.

My Opinion

Last edited:
Grace Runkel on Twitter
VIDEO: Investigators have released new video of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik getting off her school bus on Monday. This was shortly before she went missing.
11:58 AM - 12 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC
I wonder if it's possible to see cars near where she is getting off the bus? I now don't know what to think - a presser with no information IMO other than we are searching and we don't need your help and stop spreading rumors - is that about the gist of it? Where is Faye???
JMO
p.s. @PommyMommy thanks for updating the media thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members