Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cayce Public Safety‏ @Cayce_DPS
There have been phone calls, DM’s and social media postings asking if the public can be involved in the search for Faye Swetlik and ground searches need to continue to be done by law enforcement and other first responders.

EQm5eNFWoAAvoCp.jpg

2:09 PM - 12 Feb 2020

There have been phone calls, DM’s and social media postings asking if the public can be involved in the search for Faye Swetlik and ground searches need to continue to be done by law enforcement and other first responders.

EQm5eNFWoAAvoCp.jpg

2:09 PM - 12 Feb 2020
@Seattle1 ….What are your thoughts re this case?

ADMIN NOTE:

Do not link to just any old FB Missing page without checking with Mods or Admin first. Not every "Missing ..." FB page is authorized by Websleuths. There are actually some MP groups that have proven unreliable in the past.

If you find a social media page that you think could be valuable, please run it by WS staff before linking it on the threads.

Thank you.

ugh I hate going on rants about alerts that are lifted before the person is found safe!! There is NO point in going back as a huge part of the public will get confused or apathetic which is terrible in a situation like this! Makes me so mad when people decide to lift alerts PREMATURELY
I always believed that Amber Alerts were only supposed to be issued in the situation where there was a known (or strongly presumed) abduction and an actual description of the vehicle and/or abductor was known. On so many threads, social media, etc when there is a missing person people frequently criticize LE for not issuing and Amber Alert and so many times this is followed up by people explaining what an Amber Alert really is and when it can/should be issued.

That being said, I think there needs to be a uniform "Alert" system that can be issued in different circumstances. When every state has it's own "Alerts" it becomes impossible to know what each one means. For example, a "Silver Alert" is supposed to be for an elderly person missing. I would love if there could be a standard alert for a missing child that has gone missing and could be endangered but there is no known vehicle and/or abductor.

Why has no one reported on where they actually went? Surely the reporters could follow them in?

The development is on lockdown. Only LE and local residents are allowed in

LE previously reported the neighborhood is on lockdown -- residents only.

If you look at embedded video at the tweet linked below - you can see that reporters/cameras are lined up across the street from the residential entrance.

Drew Aunkst WIS on Twitter

It wouldn't even have to be a face she recognized unfortunately. All she would have to do is be right at the edge of the road and someone could drive by and scoop her up.... This just hits me right in the feels because Churchill Heights is HOME to me.... Things like aren't supposed to happen there. :(

I feel for you. I once followed a case that happened in the neighborhood where I grew up. It's an unsettling thing, I know. And it was weird to read people's posts about a place I knew as a kid.

Your insight is already helpful. Sorry this is happening in a place you love.

jmo

I always believed that Amber Alerts were only supposed to be issued in the situation where there was a known (or strongly presumed) abduction and an actual description of the vehicle and/or abductor was known. On so many threads, social media, etc when there is a missing person people frequently criticize LE for not issuing and Amber Alert and so many times this is followed up by people explaining what an Amber Alert really is and when it can/should be issued.

That being said, I think there needs to be a uniform "Alert" system that can be issued in different circumstances. When every state has it's own "Alerts" it becomes impossible to know what each one means. For example, a "Silver Alert" is supposed to be for an elderly person missing. I would love if there could be a standard alert for a missing child that has gone missing and could be endangered but there is no known vehicle and/or abductor.

There have been a lot of questions regarding why an AMBER Alert has not been issued in the disappearance of Faye Swetlik and this case so far does not meet the federally mandated guidelines.

10:34 AM - 12 Feb 2020

For an AMBER Alert to be issued, law enforcement should have evidence that an abduction has occurred and have enough information to share which would aid in the recovery of a child.

Local media, along with social media, continue to be invaluable in sharing information as this investigation continues. For more information about AMBER Alerts, please visit this website. https://amberalert.ojp.gov/ @wis10 @WLTX @abc_columbia @wachfox @thestate @WestMetroNews

64ypS6Mi

Home | AMBER Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads