GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His father excused his behavior in 2001 by saying he made mistakes. He now says, after this man murdered five babies, that he is not a monster. Dad is definitely part of the problem. It would be interesting to hear about this guys childhood.

I have a feeling that Mom was beaten down by this , maybe not fists ( who knows what will come up next?) but pure fear. I can't jump on the bandwagon to condemn her right now. If he is capable of killing those precious babies, no telling what else he did.

Totally agree!! All his history, based on reports, tells me he was controlling and abusive. I feel like courts sided with him because he paid a good attorney and painted her to be a cheater who abandoned her family ... :(

How I wish it also caused spontaneous combustion of the users before they could commit these horrific acts.

SO SO TRUE, Fairy!! Now what is the deal with Mom? I believe he must've been abusive...5 children in less than two years, and she all of a sudden just leaves? Too many ways to prevent more babies so I wonder if she/he wanted a large family? Then she leaves and he kills all five children? So many questions, bizarre. And incredibly sad.

http://www.katv.com/story/26514391/lawyer-dad-tied-to-kids-death-had-mental-issues

Lawyers for the man who police say killed his five children has been treated for mental health issues in the past, and he has waived his first court appearance in South Carolina.

Attorney Aimee Zmroczek wouldn't elaborate on the mental health problems of 32-year-old Timothy Ray Jones Jr. She says lawyers want him evaluated as soon as possible...

Zmroczek says Jones has been held in isolation under suicide watch.

Lol... I live in Irmo, SC, too! It's a sad day here in our area... Prayers are going out to the family and friends.

I used to live in Chapin, SC. Nice community & surrounding area. I'm sure this is a shock and very sad for the community and all who knew and loved these children. It's just astonishingly awful that a father could do this to his babies. :(

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

AP: SC dad accused in 5 deaths was ex-con
http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/11/ap-sc-dad-accused-in-5-deaths-was-ex-con/

"For the crime spree and cocaine possession, he received concurrent six-year terms, and had a year tacked on for another stolen vehicle charge."

"Jones was imprisoned at Big Muddy Correctional Center on April 18, 2002, and was released on Jan. 15, 2003, according to Illinois Department of Corrections records."

So for 2 concurrent six-year terms and an extra year tacked on, he actually only served 8 months???? And that, my friends, is the problem in today's society. These criminals only get a slap on the wrist and they're back out on the streets having paid little consequence!!

He'll have a good supply of lawyers who will pull out all the stops in an insanity defense. Not to mention the countless motions that defense attorneys like to file to delay the trial.

It's going to be a long, long time before justice is done in this case. I would expect a verdict in 3-5 years.

Sadly, I know you're right.

http://www.katv.com/story/26514391/lawyer-dad-tied-to-kids-death-had-mental-issues

**"Typical teenager doing stupid stuff, that's about it," Jones' father, Tim Jones Sr., told The Associated Press by phone from his home in Amory, Mississippi.**

Certainly. I can't remember all the times I used cocaine, broke into people's homes and stole stuff, hot wired a car for fun, and wrote bad checks as a teenager.

One article claims Tim Jr. thought his kids were plotting to kill him... seems when it comes to being delusional, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

A memorial was held in Mississippi today:

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...dren-remembered-at-memorial-in-amory/28033154

The program says the youngest, Elaine, "loved giving high fives and kisses." The oldest, Merah Gracie, enjoyed reading books and coloring. Two of the boys, 7-year-old Elias and 6-year-old Nahtahn, loved to fish. Their brother, Gabriel, enjoyed watching Care Bears and VeggieTales.

At the end of the description for the four oldest children, it said: "loved wrestling with dad."

I finally got through all of the DSS paperwork. I can't believe that there were so many reports, so many incidents and yet continually "Dad is accessed to be appropriate". Really? The continual bruising? The spankings with a belt? The flat out admission that he was removing them from public school to keep them from being reported for abuse? You have got to be kidding me.

What exactly does it take for them to step in and do something?

Just reading it as the dates span 3 years of investigations and reports right up until he killed them. How? How on earth? It seems (to me) that dad's abuse was directed towards mom until he didn't have her to beat on, then he moved on to the kids.

I finally got through all of the DSS paperwork. I can't believe that there were so many reports, so many incidents and yet continually "Dad is accessed to be appropriate". Really? The continual bruising? The spankings with a belt? The flat out admission that he was removing them from public school to keep them from being reported for abuse? You have got to be kidding me.

Just reading it as the dates span 3 years of investigations and reports right up until he killed them. How? How on earth? It seems (to me) that dad's abuse was directed towards mom until he didn't have her to beat on, then he moved on to the kids.

It appalls me that CPS just does not care. We often think that cps will do something when in fact they don't and don't plan to. You can abuse your child over and over and it is ok with them

And this is a perfect example. They had zero reason to assess him as appropriate. And now five children are dead
IMO

I'm not even that shocked that CPS did nothing about them being "spanked" with belts. At least not here in the south. In Alabama, the schools allow corporal punishment unless the parents opt out. And when we opted out, they looked at us like we had two heads.

I'm not even that shocked that CPS did nothing about them being "spanked" with belts. At least not here in the south. In Alabama, the schools allow corporal punishment unless the parents opt out. And when we opted out, they looked at us like we had two heads.

I have a "friend" who just had his kids taken away for spanking them with a belt.

I just don't understand all of this hitting. Get a punching bag if you need to hit something, children are not punching bags. :(

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140912/news/140919297/

Jones got kicked out his house on the west side of Carpentersville in 2001 and spent six months living with Christie, Vanderhoff and others at a home on the 200 block of Granada Road in Carpentersville. Christie, who still lives there today, said his mother wanted to help Jones because he was 19 and had nowhere else to go...

"(Jones) was always trying to get my nephew in trouble," Christie said. "Within a day or so (of Jones' September 2001 arrest), police were asking my nephew about the drug issue. My nephew never did that stuff. He'd do stupid things, but never anything like that."

That was the last time Christie saw Jones until his photo appeared in the media this week.

What I don't understand is the courts awarded him sole custody, don't they do background checks, or does that even matter? TJ had a criminal record didn't he? I do understand that people can change but I'm still trying to figure out why he got custody and the wife didn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back