SC SC - Fountain Inn, WhtMale, 32-55, UP89699, Found in Creek, Cowboy Boots, Nov'97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tuck

Reaction score
General Information

Date of Discovery - 11/11/1997

Location of Discovery - Fountain Inn, Greenville County, South Carolina

Estimated Date of Death - 1989 - 1996

State of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Cause of Death - Homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age - 32 -55

Race - White / Caucasian

Gender - Male

Height - 5'5 - 5'10, Estimated

Weight - Cannot Estimate

Hair Color - Unknown

Eye Color - Unknown or Missing

Distinguishing Marks / Features - No Teeth (Unclear if Antemortem or Postmortem)

Clothing and Personal Items

Clothing - Light-colored swim trunks, cutoff blue jean shorts, burgundy low-cut cowboy boots (approximate size 10.5) and dark-colored socks.

Jewelry - Gold rimmed sunglasses

Additional Personal Items - Black comb.

Circumstances of Discovery

The nephew of a property owner collecting river sand found the remains of the man in a heavily wooded area four miles south of Simpsonsville near the line for Greenville and Laurens County. The remains were found near a path leading to Paynes Branch Creek, leading to speculation that the man had been washed down from further upstream due to the low-lying nature of the area in which he was located.

Authorities recovered most of the skeleton (including two thigh bones, one upper arm bone, one shinbone, sixteen vertebrae, a scapula and bones from the left and right feet) as well as some decayed clothing, and ruled that the cause of the death was multiple gunshot wounds to the head. Despite searches of state and national databases, the man has not been identified.

A friend of mine called the coroner today about this case to see if they've compared it to Jimmy Dale Whitfield and the coroner told her that they have no record of this case! They spent over an hour on the phone waiting for answers to be told it doesn't exist....so what happened?
Wow, that’s weird. They are listed on NamUs under Investigating Agencies, they have a case number and all.. The Greenville County Sheriff's Office is listed as the case owner, perhaps they know more. Maybe he was identified and this is why they don’t have it under open cases? Or maybe it was just misplaced, it wouldn’t be the first time that happened..

Last edited:
Wow, that’s weird. They are listed on NamUs under Investigating Agencies, they have a case number and all.. The Greenville County Sheriff's Office is listed as the case owner, perhaps they know more. Maybe he was identified and this is why they don’t have it under open cases? Or maybe it was just misplaced, it wouldn’t be the first time that happened..
If it was a murder case wouldn’t the coroner still need to keep a record of the case? Also I read the article from 1997 that said the sent the remains to the bone farm to attempt to identify, but were not able to, it says in the article that the Greenville county coroner was present for this. How is this not kept in records?

I was reading an article about the Greenville County coroner. He’s set to retire this year after more than 30 years serving as a coroner in Greenville. This would mean he was working there when this doe was found. He says in the article that in ‘92 most cases were traffic related so I imagine a case like this would make an impression, especially when the victim’s identity isn’t known. Now I’m super curious what happened with the records.

I was reading an article about the Greenville County coroner. He’s set to retire this year after more than 30 years serving as a coroner in Greenville. This would mean he was working there when this doe was found. He says in the article that in ‘92 most cases were traffic related so I imagine a case like this would make an impression, especially when the victim’s identity isn’t known. Now I’m super curious what happened with the records.

The coroner you're speaking of, Parks Evans, is listed as the coroner on this case in 1997 news articles. And since he's still there, I emailed him today to see if he remembers it but since the same office had no idea this case existed, I'm not sure what he'll have to say. Next steps will be getting in touch with Greenville County LE

Yes he was there, he is mention in the news articles about the body going to be scammed at the Bone Farm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back