GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I was hoping the weather would hold off, but it looks like it's about to storm outside. We have a flood advisory in effect right now. This puts a damper on the search, but I hope they don't give up today. Interesting note, I saw quite a few cop cars out as I went to pick up my daughter...one was headed past my neighborhood, and another close to my daughter's school about 5 miles away.

This case has horrified me; I'm a single mom to a gorgeous 13 year old girl and avoid all men (except gay ones, haha) solely for this reason. My mom dated Real Winners when I was a kid and I promised I'd never put my kid in danger. And so far, so good. It's just that when they hit high school, you figure that they're going to be safe. That they aren't little babies easily stolen. The whole story makes me sick. I wonder if he came into the house and told her something happened to mom to get her out and into his car? The houses in her neighborhood are fairly close together (like my house now) and if I heard struggling I would hear it. I'm glad I have nosy neighbors.

BOLDED...that is the same thought I had as to how he may have lured her. I am so, so sad.

This was not abnormal for her to go out to work and do what she did. At that time of the morning, that allowed her to spend more time with Gabbiee."

Ahhh. I doubt they were 'living together', but maybe what he told people. Grant may have known the mom did this & drove by the house to see if the car was there. It has been reported Gabbiee did not willingly leave - maybe there was evidence of a struggle in the house? Just speculation.

I wish there were some updates as to how the search is going.... sitting here on pins and needles hoping this mom can find her baby as soon as possible.

Much talk has been made about how Gabbie recently made the JV cheerleading squad, but most at the school know the missing 15-year-old as something else: smart, very smart.

She is part of the "Elite 21" student magnet program. It's for students who want to go into medicine.

She was supposed to be starting her second week of AP classes, already earning college credit as a sophomore. In fact, all of her classes are honors classes.

"This year is the first year were they'll be taking AP classes, so she's enrolled in AP European History. She's enrolled in a G3 Honors class," said Ridge View High School teacher Jennifer McCleod-Crady. "Every class she has is an honors class. She's enrolled in seminar classes, human anatomy where she memorizes every muscle in the human body. Very very high level work."

Her classmates are a tight group and are taking the news of Gabbie's disappearance hard.
http://www.wistv.com/story/19399075/gabbiee-swainson-is-an-honors-student

:furious:

no words... I cannot believe what this monster has taken from his family and from the nation as a whole.

I haven't caught up yet, but when I saw Gabbie's story I instantly thought of Meeka. I wish I would have been wrong. This does not look good for Gabbie. :(

In both cases the moms were good parents but you have to be sooooo careful about who you bring around your children. . .especially if they are beautiful young teens. My heart breaks for her mom. This isn't going to end well. . .but I pray I'm wrong. :please:

Who knows, maybe he would have gotten into that home regardless of Mom being there or not. I kind of doubt it, may have have overheard something about Mom working, but he could have gone in there and done something to both of them. I hope our 6 or 7 o'clock news has an update.

searching a junk yard right now across from house of grant in Elgin

they are hoping to recover her

grant is a career criminal includes kidnapping, assault, he has served time, drug charges, he is overall a bad guy

there is another missing 18 year old female for a month and she was last seen with grant. they are also exploring this.

BBM. . .:what:. . .:thud:

Here I go again... how many times does was this SOB arrested?!? How many times was he 'rehabilitated' and put back into society? Did his crimes escalate each time? How many chances does someone get? While I'm glad not to live somewhere where your hand is chopped off the first time you get caught stealing - I'm not sure our system of continually putting these mother@#$%ers back into society to kill and terrorize innocent people is that much better... really, how many chances should someone have?

Where is this beautiful girl?

OMG - I have not followed this case here at WS but am familiar with it through some limited news coverage.

They have a suspect in custody, any signs of Gabbiee yet? Any word.

TIA for any quick update I can get.

OMG - I have not followed this case here at WS but am familiar with it through some limited news coverage.

They have a suspect in custody, any signs of Gabbiee yet? Any word.

TIA for any quick update I can get.

no word yet tl... they are getting some bad weather according to local posters. The search was moved to the area near the perp's home

hambirg: I started a thread on the other missing woman as well

Here I go again... how many times does was this SOB arrested?!? How many times was he 'rehabilitated' and put back into society? Did his crimes escalate each time? How many chances does someone get? While I'm glad not to live somewhere where your hand is chopped off the first time you get caught stealing - I'm not sure our system of continually putting these mother@#$%ers back into society to kill and terrorize innocent people is that much better... really, how many chances should someone have?

I read Charleston LIfe pretty regularly and it's disgusting at how many times criminals are let off the hook. I hope this changes things...

And I just got a text from my friend. I knew the area they are looking in looked familiar. It's less than two blocks from her house! I've asked her to drive by on her way home from work and see if she can see what's going on.

My heart goes out to Gabbiees mom. I saw her on NG when the case first came to the public's attention.

Gabbiee obviously has such a bright light. So very much potential, so much going for her, including a mom who sets boundaries, encourages her to explore her talents and her career dreams.

This whole situation just breaks my heart. Ms. Swainson is very much in my prayers.

I know... it's enough to make you sick, isn't it! These sex offenders can't be rehabilitated, I don't know what it's going to take to convince the lawmakers and the judges. I know judges have to sentence according to the law and they have guidelines they have to follow, but somebody in Washington needs to change the laws. This needs to be addressed for every state in the U.S.

When you mentioned chopping their hands off, that gave me an idea.... but I won't say it. We're supposed to be a civil country... maybe we need to adopt some types of punishment that they dole out in other countries. The criminal has all the rights, and the victims have none.

MOO. . .MOO!

I suspect Grant did more than just cut Mom's grass. I think Mom was "friends," like with benefits, with Grant. It always struck me as odd that she was sleeping and then woke at 3am and decided to go to work. Did she maybe get one of those 3am BC texts? But she said no and then decided to go to work instead? Grant would have known then. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a key.

I know early on when it was being speculated that Gabbie may have run away that there were rumors that she didn't like Mom's bf. It makes me think that Gabbie had probably been getting the creepy vibe from Grant all along. They said she didn't leave willingly. . .I'm sure when she saw him, she knew exactly why he was there. :(

I just want to be clear. . .I am in no way placing any blame on Mom. All of that lies clearly with this sub-human, Grant.

In Meeka's case, her Mom sued the state and won, because she was unaware of the man's background. I wonder if Gabbie's mom had any idea who this Grant guy really was? I can't imagine what she is going through right now. I worry for her own safety. :(

Please let them find Gabbie safe. :please:

MOO!!!!

ETA. . yep. . .

Grant and the girl's mother were in a relationship, deputies confirmed.
http://www.wltx.com/news/article/199418/2/Man-Arrested-for-Kidnapping-Gabbiee-Swainson

awwwh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hoped things would turn out differently. :(

Either this dude's not too swift, and let Gabbiee bring her cell phone, or she was a smart girl like I'd hoped and hid the phone...

I hope mom didn't casually mention the possibility of going in to work early morning to him - I'm afraid she'd never forgive herself, and it's not her fault, it's the monster that took Gabbiee....:banghead:

It was allso "rumored" that Mom had a BF, or a very close friend that was the supposed handyman. When this was also rumored to be the perp I didn't want to entertain that horrible piece of "gossip" being bandied around. Feel so bad for Elvia! Can you imagine what's going on her head? On the news tonight, some neighbors of his were interviewed. NOTHING good to say. Only his sister defends him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37
Back