Found Deceased SC - Harlee Lane Lewis, 11 months, Chesterfield County, 29 May 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not defending this Mom. As I see it, she had some type of issues/problems long before this baby was born. I didn’t read her FB, but from comments made here, she wasn’t the stable, happy, high school girl.

Where did her family stand on her choice of being lesbian? Did they support her? Was this a factor that tore the family apart and caused Brianna a major down hill fall in regards to how she felt about herself?

Was the relationship with the boy a tryst for the purpose of getting pregnant? Did she want to fulfill her desire of Motherhood, but did not want a lengthy relationship? Too many unanswered questions.

However, she suffered a horrific trauma watching him committ suicide which is a life changing experience.

After his death, at some point, she returned to her lesbian lifestyle. From the above instances, it seems she did not know what she wanted in life. As we all know, we can’t depend on relationships to get us through life. However, we don’t hear of Brianna working, going to school for some type of training etc. Perhaps she wasn’t capable of further schooling. Again, facts we aren’t aware of.

So, she has a baby. She’s young, not ready for the confinement that comes with a newborn, the lack of sleep, the 24/7 on duty, and the realization that her life is not hers anymore! I would imagine she was a perfect type for post partum depression. Add that to the memory of the baby’s father suicide, an explosion waiting to happen. Unfortunately,
thebaby suffered!

And we don’t even know what, if any, other problems plagued Brianna.

I don't believe this has been posted yet, at least I didn't see it.

Gag order issued in case of mother charged after baby found in diaper box

June 7, 2018
article said:
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, SC (WBTW) - A judge has signed a temporary gag order in the case of 18-year-old Breanna Lewis. The order was filed Thursday by Lewis' attorney Matt Swilley.

The document signed by Judge Jocelyn Newman states that all employees and staff of the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office, SLED, and the 4th Circuit Solicitor's Offices can no longer comment on the case, including on social media. The order also prevents Lewis' family from talking about the case.

When she and her partner arrived on scene for a child abduction, Davis said the scene didn't match Brianne Lewis's, the infant's mom, story.

She said the mother told her she ran back into her home for a cell phone but there were no foot prints.

"I was looking for dig marks in the dirt because it is a dirt road you would see a foot print or a dig mark from a run," Davis said.

Then she noticed tire tracks.

"Where a vehicle looked like it went in a path behind the house. Halfway between the house and where we found the baby we saw foot tracks," Davis said.

After following those prints, her partner spotted the diaper box.

"It wasn't rained on, no weather not faded or anything. He asked me if I wanted to check it; he passed me a glove. I opened it up and there was baby Harlee," Davis said.

Older article from May 31st: Major who discovered baby: 'I will definitely have that picture imprinted in my memory'

Speculation: I wonder if she flipped her car on purpose and lied about Harlee being in the car as a premeditated move before murdering her baby? Maybe she planned to tell family the baby died in the car accident? But she was really stupid if that was her plan. Harlee was still alive with the babysitter and LE figured that out really fast. So maybe she went to plan B and made up the assault/abduction. Again, a really stupid plan. Did she think LE would not check and figure out her injuries came from a car accident?
Darwin Award Winner.

SOUTH CAROLINA AMBER ALERT: Mother of baby found dead in South Carolina facing new charge

Breanna Lewis, 19, was charged with filing a false police report and also improper disposal of human remains.
[.....]
Channel 9 learned that the coroner placed the time of death for the toddler at between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. That's about six hours before Lewis made the 911 call claiming she was assaulted and her daughter abducted.

Maj. Briana Davis with the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office never believed that story.

"After 22 years of doing this job, certain things just didn't add up," Davis said.

She's one of two deputies who discovered the little girl. They were searching the isolated rental home on Jackson Road East when they discovered a large path and foot prints.
[.....]
Lewis initially blamed injuries and bruising to her face on the phony attack. However, deputies said that she was driving in North Carolina last week and was involved in a crash. She drove too fast around a curve and flipped her car, causing those injuries.

When paramedics arrived, she told them her baby was with her and in the car somewhere.

The paramedics were frantically trying to find the child in the car but Brooks said the child was not in the vehicle at all, but home with a babysitter.
[.....]
The autopsy on the baby was completed Wednesday but preliminary results are not being released yet. Full toxicology and blood tests could take several more days.

Lewis is still in jail and has not had a bond hearing on either charge.

A few interesting items in article.

Hmm. I wonder if she was planning on killing the baby the week before and blaming it on the car wreck and then she couldn't follow through cuz they busted her when they found the baby was at home.

Edit. Oops! I see gardener already posted this thought. Great minds. Lol.

Thursday, June 14th:
*Bond Hearing (@ 10am ET) - SC - Harlee Lane Lewis (11 mos) (May 29, 2018) - Breanna Denise Lewis (19) "mom" arrested (5/29/18) charged with filing a false police report, improper disposal of human remains & tampering with evidence (destroying, altering or concealing DNA). Bond is $71K. POI in baby's death. On suicide watch. Autopsy could prompt more charges.
5/29/18: Lewis told authorities the afternoon of 5/29/18 that a man pulled up and punched her in the head before taking the baby and driving away. Lewis has admitted that she made the story up about the abduction, but she will not tell investigators how the baby came to be in the plastic bin. Officials say she is the primary suspect in the case. Lewis was charged with filing a false police report on Tuesday, and remains in custody while deputies work to learn how the baby died. She could face other charges after an autopsy is complete, as the cause of death is still unclear. Lewis told investigators she "blacked out" and doesn't know how her daughter died.

5/31/18 Update: Lewis was charged with filing a false police report and also improper disposal of human remains. The coroner placed the time of death for the toddler at between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. That's about six hours before Lewis made the 911 call claiming she was assaulted and her daughter abducted. Lewis is still in jail and had a bond hearing on 5/31/18.
6/1/18 Update: New report from coroner place time of death between 6:30am to 12 noon.
6/5/18 Update: BL to undergo mental evaluation.
6/7/18 Update: Judge issues gag order on case.
6/13/18 Update: Breanna Denise Lewis has been charged with homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of her daughter, according to the Chesterfield County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index. They will not release any more information regarding the case in order to comply with the gag order for the case last week.

Dear Jewels53,

I will never be able to understand why these babies and children are not given to people who are able to love and care for them as they so deserve to be.

Even if a person went to their doctor and took the baby with them and told the doctor I can't take this baby back home. Please find a home for her/him.

I wish that would happen all of the time, not just at times.

Dear Jewels53,

I will never be able to understand why these babies and children are not given to people who are able to love and care for them as they so deserve to be.

Even if a person went to their doctor and took the baby with them and told the doctor I can't take this baby back home. Please find a home for her/him.

I wish that would happen all of the time, not just at times.
I agree Zencompass! When they are overwhelmed and exhausted why don't they seek help. I am sure she had friends or a neighbor would have taken little Harlee off her hands. Are these people too embarrassed or what to ask for help?

Thursday, June 14th:
*Bond Hearing (@ 10am ET) - SC - Harlee Lane Lewis (11 mos) (May 29, 2018) - Breanna Denise Lewis (19) "mom" arrested (5/29/18) charged with filing a false police report, improper disposal of human remains & tampering with evidence (destroying, altering or concealing DNA). Bond is $71K. POI in baby's death. On suicide watch. Autopsy could prompt more charges.
5/29/18: Lewis told authorities the afternoon of 5/29/18 that a man pulled up and punched her in the head before taking the baby and driving away. Lewis has admitted that she made the story up about the abduction, but she will not tell investigators how the baby came to be in the plastic bin. Officials say she is the primary suspect in the case. Lewis was charged with filing a false police report on Tuesday, and remains in custody while deputies work to learn how the baby died. She could face other charges after an autopsy is complete, as the cause of death is still unclear. Lewis told investigators she "blacked out" and doesn't know how her daughter died.

5/31/18 Update: Lewis was charged with filing a false police report and also improper disposal of human remains. The coroner placed the time of death for the toddler at between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. That's about six hours before Lewis made the 911 call claiming she was assaulted and her daughter abducted. Lewis is still in jail and had a bond hearing on 5/31/18.
6/1/18 Update: New report from coroner place time of death between 6:30am to 12 noon.
6/5/18 Update: BL to undergo mental evaluation.
6/7/18 Update: Judge issues gag order on case.
6/13/18 Update: Breanna Denise Lewis has been charged with homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of her daughter, according to the Chesterfield County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index. They will not release any more information regarding the case in order to comply with the gag order for the case last week.
I so appreciate you, Niner. I am impressed by your dedication to victims, and accurate updates of their cases. Your posts help to keep things fresh in my mind. I just wanted to say thanks!

UPDATE: SC mother charged in baby's murder no shows and waives right to bond hearing
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The 19-year-old South Carolina woman who confessed to making up a story about her 11-month-old daughter being abducted before she was found dead in a diaper box did not appear at a hearing on new charges Thursday.

Breanna Lewis waived her right to appear at a hearing in Chesterfield County after being formally charged with murder/homicide by child abuse in the death of her daughter, Harlee Lane Lewis. She also waived her right to the bond hearing at this time. Lewis was formally charged with murder/homicide by child abuse.

No date was set for the next bond hearing.

Here is another heartbreaking article this morning:

Chesterfield County Mother Charged With The Murder Of Her 11-Month-Old Girl Waives Bond - WCCB Charlotte

Lewis was charged Wednesday afternoon with Homicide by Child Abuse. According to the arrest warrant, Lewis allegedly inflicted “injuries on the body of the 11-month-old daughter that were non-accidental, which resulted in her death.”
SMH. Imho Sadly I'm not surprised. I think we all knew where this was headed. It pains me to see people making excuses, for Breanna, with the maybe she was traumatized etc.
Harlee was traumatized to death. The poor sweet babe.
Sorry. It hurts so much. My sympathy is for Harlee.

Her attorney said she may request a bond hearing at another time. At the end of the hearing, the judge reminded everyone that there is a gag order in the case, meaning all parties involved cannot publicly discuss the case.

Baby Harlee's Godmother reached out to ABC 15 with the following statement:

While I appreciate all of the attention and efforts to cover this horrid situation in as much detail as possible, I am not physically nor emotionally capable of handling talking with anyone other than my immediate family and those otherwise involved as deeply as I am. To be perfectly clear so that nothing is misunderstood or misinterpreted by anyone, I will not speak to ANY press related individuals and I would greatly appreciate it if everyone related to the same would respect my current decision for I am not only grieving the heartbreaking loss of Harlee Lane but also her mother. Sincerely, Kara Hatchell, godmother to Harlee.

Chesterfield County woman charged with homicide by child abuse in death of daughter

I keep waiting and waiting for more info to come out about this case but it doesn't seem likely any time soon. In the meantime, just thinking of things here and there....do you think this was like, sudden out of the blue abuse? That something cause Breanna to start harming her? Only reason I ask is that based on the pics I've seen of Harlee (including a lot found on social media which can't be discussed here), I haven't seen any with visible bruising/injuries. She also looks extremely happy/healthy. I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything but compared to the photos of Lucas Hernandez and his general decline in health/very obvious bruising, this case just seems different.

It seems that other people in Breanna and Harlee's life took care of her as much as they could (roommate and godmother), so maybe that is why she maintained the appearance of health. Perhaps the injuries were inflicted on her in places that can't be seen over clothing...I don't know really, just thinking out loud.

I keep waiting and waiting for more info to come out about this case but it doesn't seem likely any time soon. In the meantime, just thinking of things here and there....do you think this was like, sudden out of the blue abuse? That something cause Breanna to start harming her? Only reason I ask is that based on the pics I've seen of Harlee (including a lot found on social media which can't be discussed here), I haven't seen any with visible bruising/injuries. She also looks extremely happy/healthy. I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything but compared to the photos of Lucas Hernandez and his general decline in health/very obvious bruising, this case just seems different.

It seems that other people in Breanna and Harlee's life took care of her as much as they could (roommate and godmother), so maybe that is why she maintained the appearance of health. Perhaps the injuries were inflicted on her in places that can't be seen over clothing...I don't know really, just thinking out loud.

It is so hard to understand how these situations continue to occur. I have some of the same questions rolling around in my head, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meteora47
Back