SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

This is from the back of the Bob Evans parking lot, facing toward her condos. You can see the River Oaks sign in the distance to the left of the stop sign, on the other side if the train tracks. Immediately past that are cottages that are part of the subdivision. On the right is the start of her condo area, the far end of White River Dr.

I believe it will turn out to be someone she knew. If it were someone transient they wouldn't know about Peachtree Landing. I don't think there is signage up indicating there is a boat ramp there, correct me if I'm wrong.

I live like 5 minutes away I'm thinking in going down to some of these areas and taking pictures, perhaps we can collect a working table of known facts and detailed photos of places of interest. anyway, the road leads underwater with a few parking spots on the sides ( I think some have posted pictures of the location from todays search), fairly shallow. its meant to back your boat in with a trailer.

Ok, I'm thinking about Austin Sigg, and that creepy shack @ Patridge Park...turned out that area was a place where teens went to party (IIRC that was a random drop spot, but still)...

We've gotten a couple different perspectives here from locals on whether that was a party spot or not...

So, if the perp(s) grew up in that area, maybe he knew about that spot bc he used to party there back in the day...(or go fishing, etc.), hence an older perp, but maybe it is someone who has partied there recently, therefore indicating possibly a younger perp(s)...again brainstorming...

So, how long has that place been around? When was the boat ramp placed there? Before the boat ramp was placed there, has there always been a road leading to that spot?

image.jpg

At the stop sign for the train tracks. As Ashley mentioned earlier, a bunch of signs right there outside of the subdivision. The far end of White River Drive can be seen directly ahead.

I have more but don't want to be annoying with all the posts, so here's the final one unless someone requests more...

Code:
image.jpg

This is sitting in front of Magoo's, looking toward the intersection of Waccamaw Blvd and River Oaks--you would turn left right past Bob Evans.

<Mods: should the prefix on this thread be "ACTIVE SEARCH"?>

Ok, I'm thinking about Austin Sigg, and that creepy shack @ Patridge Park...turned out that area was a place where teens went to party (IIRC that was a random drop spot, but still)...

We've gotten a couple different perspectives here from locals on whether that was a party spot or not...

So, if the perp(s) grew up in that area, maybe he knew about that spot bc he used to party there back in the day...(or go fishing, etc.)...or maybe it is someone who has partied there recently, therefore indicating possibly a younger perp(s)...again brainstorming...

This makes me wonder if she could have gone out to meet up with an old high school friend who had come in town to visit family for the holidays. Maybe someone whose family were her old neighbors and live near Peachtree landing.

I have more but don't want to be annoying with all the posts, so here's the final one unless someone requests more...

Code:
View attachment 39755

This is sitting in front of Magoo's, looking toward the intersection of Waccamaw Blvd and River Oaks--you would turn left right past Bob Evans.

More!
:biggrin:

We need everything we can for reference and analysis! All these pics could be very important later!!! (And are now)

Thanks again tlneedham!!!

Any time, it's open 24/7. Keep it mind it's pitch black there.

The moon was shining full and BRIGHT on the night of the 17th the 18th. I was awake and alert throughout both nights tip about 6 am. stepped outside for a cigarette once or twice around 3am not but 5 minutes away from peach tree landing. Temp was about mid 50's (I was wearing a t-shirt pajama pants and sandals feeling a little chilly.) I clearly remember being startled at how clear and bright it was outside. I could see all the way down my road. no street lamps woods on one side and houses with lights turned off on the other.

More!
:biggrin:

We need everything we can for reference and analysis! All these pics could be very important later!!! (And are now)

Thanks again tlneedham!!!

It's so weird seeing something I see everyday being posted to this site. I can provide pics as well if you request them.

Do people ever just go there to fish off the ramp? Just wondering...

tlneedham, your pics are very welcomed. In other cases we've had locals videotape their drive from the reference points on maps. It is VERY helpful to see the area.

Keep 'em coming plse & thx.

What about gang activity in the area?

Not a whole lot in this area. There are some things that go on during bike weeks but those aren't this time of year. There is a good deal of drug activity though, especially amongst her age group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member