SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats her parents house, she had moved to river oaks not too long ago.

I understand that, my point is that anyone on the whole internet could see where she was when she was making those posts and could have been stalking her since before she moved.

Thanx for sharing this excellent report, Beba.. It is just a matter of time before Heather Elvis's disappearance goes national MSM due to the high number of missing persons from the Myrtle Beach, SC area, imo..

Hopefully SLED, and the Federal resources of the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2, US Marshalls, and Homeland Security will be brought in on Heather's investigation due to the high number of missing...

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
<sniped - read more>

The FBI&#8217;s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime stands ready to assist our state, local, and international partners. We believe the best way to combat any threat &#8212; be it terrorism, gang violence, or serial murder &#8212; is to combine our knowledge and resources with those of our partners, and to work as a team.

Foreword

The topic of serial murder occupies a unique niche within the criminal justice community. In addition to the significant investigative challenges they bring to law enforcement, serial murder cases attract an over-abundance of attention from the media, mental health experts, academia, and the general public.

In an effort to bridge the gap between the many views of issues related to serial murder, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hosted a multi-disciplinary Symposium in San Antonio, Texas, on August 29, 2005 through September 2, 2005. The goal of the Symposium was to bring together a group of respected experts on serial murder from a variety of fields and specialties, to identify the commonalities of knowledge regarding serial murder.

National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

The National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) is a component of the FBI&#8217;s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG), located at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. The primary mission of the NCAVC is to provide behaviorally-based, operational support to federal, state, local, and international law enforcement agencies involved in the investigation of unusual or repetitive violent crimes, communicated threats, terrorism, and other matters of interest to law enforcement.

Most serial killers have very defined geographic areas of operation. They conduct their killings within comfort zones that are often defined by an anchor point (e.g. place of residence, employment, or residence of a relative).

As serial killers continue to offend without being captured, they can become empowered, feeling they will never be identified. As the series continues, the killers may begin to take shortcuts when committing their crimes. This often causes the killers to take more chances, leading to identification by law enforcement. It is not that serial killers want to get caught; they feel that they can&#8217;t get caught

The purpose of this definition was to set forth criteria establishing when the FBI could assist local law enforcement agencies with their investigation of serial murder cases. It was not intended to be a generic definition for serial murder.

Academicians and researchers were interested in establishing a specific number of murders, to allow clear inclusion criteria for their research on serial killers. However, since the definition was to be utilized by law enforcement, a lower number of victims would allow law enforcement more flexibility in committing resources to a potential serial murder investigation.

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder Definition - September 2, 2005: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events..

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

From this link:
<snipped by me to comply with 10% copyright rule>

"Several people have gone missing from our area since 2007. <snipped>

Kareem Ward, 22, was last seen in Aynor on June 16, 2007. Ward's car was pulled from a boat landing on the Pee Dee River three days later....

Brittanee Drexel, a 17-year-old from Rochester, New York, disappeared while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach in 2009....

A former trainer for the Coastal Carolina University football team, Brandon "Peanut" Graves, was last seen at a Sumter nightclub on January 30th, 2010.

In August, 19-year-old Zachary Malinowski went missing in Aynor. His burned out car was found not far from his Horry County home...

Heather Elvis"

Thanx for sharing this excellent report, Beba.. It is just a matter of time before Heather Elvis's disappearance goes national MSM due to the high number of missing persons from the Myrtle Beach, SC area, imo..

Hopefully SLED, and the Federal resources of the FBI BAU, US Marshalls, and Homeland Security will be brought in on Heather's investigation due to the high number of missing...

You're welcome. I certainly hope so. It's alarming to think people are never found, it has to be a living nightmare for families who never have closure. There is so much water and vacant land in this county to cover that we need as many fresh eyes as we can get so I hope Heather gets national exposure, it will also shed light on finding Kareem, Zach, Brandon and Brittanee too.

http://www.extension.org/pages/11084/alligators#.Ur49NfRDsuc
Alligators - General Biology, Reproduction, and Behavior
<sniped>
Alligators are ectothermic — they rely on external sources of heat to maintain body temperature. They are most active at warmer temperatures and prefer 82o to 92o F (28o to 33o C). They stop feeding when ambient temperature drops below 70o F (21o C), and become dormant below 55o F (13o C).

Thanks for sharing because I had no idea :) There were days last week when the air temp rose above 70 & actually neared 80 but only for a day or two. It was 77 one day and then 48 the next. The weather has been all over the place this year.

I think the PI in Sarasota covering some national cases, including BDs, would find Heather's case interesting (even though Heather isn't exactly blonde):
http://billwarnermyblog.wordpress.com/category/missing-petite-blond-females/

"15). Brittanee Drexel&#8230;.long blond hair, 5&#8242; 0&#8243; tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old, went missing Sat @ 9:15 pm 4/25/2009, Myrtle Beach SC. Brittanee Drexel family hires private investigator Mark Benson. Private eyes at Benson Agency Investigations to aid in search for missing Brittanee Drexel, a New York teen."

b0006-eac5b-f0810-bundygirls-786_634x590.jpg

(This comes up in a lot of cases here)

*disclaimer: posting this for reference; not saying any of these cases are necessarily related

Benson Agency Investigations...it probably wouldnt hurt to contact them since they are already familiar with MB cases, etc...they might have some resources or ideas...jmo

From this link:
<snipped by me to comply with 10% copyright rule>

"Several people have gone missing from our area since 2007. <snipped>

Kareem Ward, 22, was last seen in Aynor on June 16, 2007. Ward's car was pulled from a boat landing on the Pee Dee River three days later....

Brittanee Drexel, a 17-year-old from Rochester, New York, disappeared while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach in 2009....

A former trainer for the Coastal Carolina University football team, Brandon "Peanut" Graves, was last seen at a Sumter nightclub on January 30th, 2010.

In August, 19-year-old Zachary Malinowski went missing in Aynor. His burned out car was found not far from his Horry County home...

Heather Elvis"

I knew Peanut personally because he's originally from my hometown. It's still hard to believe he's never been found. It's highly predicted that his disappearance was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or got mixed up with shady people his brother was involved with.

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-27%20at%2011.45.08%20PM.jpg

For those wondering, here is what the boat ramp at peachtree looks like behind the CUE lady.

Reminder to self and locals to keep up with craigslist postings for lost and found items (purse, phone, jewelry, etc)

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-27%20at%2011.45.08%20PM.jpg

For those wondering, here is what the boat ramp at peachtree looks like behind the CUE lady.

That is not the CUE lady, Mysterons23. That is The Founder of CUE(Community United Effort); Monica Caison; The Searcher.
My favorite quote of Monica's is, "I can't promise you that I we will locate your loved one, but I can promise that you will get 110% from me"!

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

Maybe no relation but check out the amber berbiglia story another recent murder in north myrtle. These have hit far to close to home with me but it should be considered as rated as well.

That would be a subject for another thread however. This is to find Heather with there here and now information

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson."

WTH? OMG? How is this the first time Amber's name is coming up here?! How did I miss this case in my initial searches?! Any updates in this case? Do we have a thread for her? Any suspects? Holy moly, this is potentially HUUUUUGGGGGEEE...poor Amber!! Where is this on a map and in relation to Heather's case?

Thank you Myrtlebeachlove for bringing this case to our attention!!!

That is not the CUE lady, Mysterons23. That is The Founder of CUE(Community United Effort); Monica Caison; The Searcher.
My favorite quote of Monica's is, "I can't promise you that I we will locate your loved one, but I can promise that you will get 110% from me"!

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

We need more Monicas in this world. Bless her heart for everything she does...thank you Monica and team!!!

While I can't confirm it's the same condo, I am seeing rental listings for a 2BR 2BA 3rd floor unit in her building that have been removed fairly recently. If so, it appears from the windows in the photos to be the one on the top right (facing building from street).

Interestingly, there is a second floor unit that is advertised on one site as a vacation rental. Wonder if they had any takers last week?

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson."

WTH? OMG? How is this the first time Amber's name is coming up here?! How did I miss this case in my initial searches?! Any updates in this case? Do we have a thread for her? Any suspects? Holy moly, this is potentially HUUUUUGGGGGEEE...poor Amber!! Where is this on a map and in relation to Heather's case?

North Myrle Beach, maybe 20 minutes away.

"OMG? WTH! is more like it, imo, margarita25...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106&page=3&highlight=Amber+Berbiglia

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News
N.Mrytle Beach - Investigating the death of 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia as a homicide

11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by LR1

Bump
Six months in, still no justice.

No arrest and no updates in months. They do still have Law Enforcement in Horry County don't they? I mean other than rounding up prostitutes which they seem to do often going by the local media outlets. Hey, at least the community is kept aware of the dangers they pose right? Never mind the lunatic killer still walking the streets. I hope they haven't forgotten about this case, I know the family haven't forgotten. Maybe they have a suspect and are building their case, if not I've never seen a murder case go so cold so fast.

Justice for Amber - YouTube

*** According to the FB page, neither CUE nor LE are endorsing the ground search at River Oaks tomorrow because they won't be there to ensure it's done correctly and the family has been trying to get it called off. ***

Not sure why LE can't put some manpower into overseeing this, but I did want to pass the message along.

IF LE has any evidence or information that indicates foul play by a random perp(s), as opposed to this being related to Heather personally, they have an obligation IMO to warn the community and the public and reach out to them with things to look for, as they did in :rose: Jessica Ridgeway's :rose: case. One can gauge a lot by what LE says, or "doesn't say". jmo.

*Anxiously awaiting a presser, as we all are.

Thanks to everyone for sticking in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14