SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Heather Elvis's case is related, but I have a very strong hunch that the 5th known' victim; 23 year old Amber Berbiglia(05/2013) from Myrtle Beach, SC; was a slight acquaintance or stranger abduction and murder. Myrtle Beach, SC has an active predator in their midst, imo.. She was seen at the Time Warner Cable store on Main St. in North Myrtle Beach in broad daylight around 1:30 pm. just a few hours before she was found, and only 1.6 miles from where she was found. As far as what she was doing there, who she was there with, those questions remain unanswered at this point according to LE.
________

Exclusive New Details in Amber Berbiglia’s Murder Case
Posted on November 19, 2013
WMBF news did an in depth report on the unsolved case of Amber Berbiglia. This video shows some of Amber’s last moments and some voice mail she left for her mother. Please watch this video and if you have have any information you are urged to call Horry County Police (843) 915-5350 or CrimeStoppers by calling 843-554-1111 or 1-888-CRIME-SC. You may also make an anonymous online tip here: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=213

http://justiceforamber.org/
Six Month Anniversary Vigil Planned November 3, 2013

I use the google map app on my iPhone and often use the satellite images to get an aerial view of where I am. Whether it's camping and looking for trails or just scoping out a new city. Nowhere is too remote or hard to find anymore. Satellites have changed the way we see the world.

I wonder if there's a way for LE to see who might have accessed these in that timeframe? (google search, apps, Sateliite images, directions, maps, etc.)

Not sure if Heather Elvis's case is related, but I have a very strong hunch that the 5th known' victim(05/2013) from Myrtle Beach, SC; was a slight acquaintance or stranger abduction and murder. Myrtle Beach, SC has an active predator in their midst, imo..
________

WMBF news did an in depth report on the unsolved case of Amber Berbiglia. This video shows some of Amber’s last moments and some voice mail she left for her mother. Please watch this video and if you have have any information you are urged to call Horry County Police (843) 915-5350 or CrimeStoppers by calling 843-554-1111 or 1-888-CRIME-SC. You may also make an anonymous online tip here: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=213

I'm afraid you're right. Here is a composite sketch of a woman who washed ashore around May who has yet to be identified. http://www.wbtv.com/story/22425758/mbpd-seeks-help-identifying-deceased-woman

What about a possible police impersonator, someone pulled her over...<more brainstorming and speculation>...any reports of this, I wonder...

Not sure if Heather Elvis's case is related, but I have a very strong hunch that the 5th known' victim(05/2013) from Myrtle Beach, SC; was a slight acquaintance or stranger abduction and murder. Myrtle Beach, SC has an active predator in their midst, imo..
________

or predatorS

Since Heather was reportedly due to start a new job at the salon, this tells me she likely has been looking at job postings recently, applying, interviewing etc. I wonder what other jobs she might have applied to via craigslist, etc.?

An odd question, I know, but could Heather have possible been doing any "modeling" gigs, say Model Mayhem, photo shoots or anything like that?

No clue on that one but I'd think she'd post photos on her Instagram or FB page.

I have no idea if this is true or not but it was posted about 3 hours ago on Findheatherelvis' FB page that another girl from Soccastee is missing. The person running the Findheatherelvis page said "Yes, I have heard this rumor and have confirmed it, but I only have limited information. Not sure exactly what this means since there has been no mention of it on tonight's news.

Just coming across the case of Christina Ludwig---looking for more info on her case:
http://www.rcsd.net/wanted/missing.htm

"Christine Ludwig was last seen by her husband on January 14, 2012, but he had spoken with her as of January 18, 2012. Family nor friends have been able to contact have heard from Ms. Ludwig. Her car was located at the Bi Lo parking lot across from 1931 Pineview Rd., just off Garners Ferry Rd. "

(her name and picture are familiar...maybe she has a thread here)

No clue on that one but I'd think she'd post photos on her Instagram or FB page.

I have no idea if this is true or not but it was posted about 3 hours ago on Findheatherelvis' FB page that another girl from Soccastee is missing. The person running the Findheatherelvis page said "Yes, I have heard this rumor and have confirmed it, but I only have limited information. Not sure exactly what this means since there has been no mention of it on tonight's news.

I just saw two posters over there have added a name--Jamie Lynn Cross, 24 yrs old and last heard from around 5pm Dec 23.

I just saw two posters over there have added a name--Jamie Lynn Cross, 24 yrs old and last heard from around 5pm Dec 23.
I wonder where she was last seen and if she knew Heather.

I think what is odd also ,is why did her father go there looking for her? Was that place where the car found a "regular" area where she goes? Was he called to the site by someone else or did he go on his own ?

One of the earliest news reports (sorry I cannot find the link to it, possibly due to updates) says that a neighbor near the landing noticed the car there Wednesday and called LE. She said the car had been parked there since Monday evening and that was why she was calling, IIRC, in the news report. Perhaps the car is registered in Dad's name and LE called him?
I think the call in about the car was mentioned in earlier posts on WS, also.
all IMO

SC SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion
SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010

HCPD: Case "cold" in search for missing Waffle House waitress
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:16 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 24, 2011 9:00 AM EDT

AYNOR, SC (WMBF) - Family and friends of a missing Aynor woman continue to hold out hope after over a year of searching concludes with few results.

Horry County Police were first informed of Susan DeLuca's disappearance back in April of 2010 after family members became concerned from a lack of phone contact. It wasn't until nearly two months later, on June 21st, that police discovered DeLuca's car submerged in the Little Pee Dee River.
Initial reports showed DeLuca may have last been seen at the Sparky's Fireworks on US-501.
<sniped - Read more>
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/14952885/police-case-cold-in-search-for-missing-waffle-house-waitress

Here is information that was posted 7 days ago. "A missing persons poster shared by the Horry County Sheriff's Office states that Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Her last known location was at about 2 a.m. Tuesday on White River Drive just off River Oaks Drive in the Carolina Forest area. Her vehicle, a dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid, was found in Socastee at Peachtree Landing."

Here is the link. http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

Here is information that was posted 7 days ago. "A missing persons poster shared by the Horry County Sheriff's Office states that Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Her last known location was at about 2 a.m. Tuesday on White River Drive just off River Oaks Drive in the Carolina Forest area. Her vehicle, a dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid, was found in Socastee at Peachtree Landing."

Here is the link. http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

I don't know if its shotty reporting or perhaps they didn't know for certain at the time or the LE advised against sharing investigation details.

Having to pull teeth with google and twitter as of late its reported that her last phone call was around the 18th, 3AM with her roomate after her date. parents last saw her tuesday night before the date and her car was reported on the 19th (which makes no sense that who called LE about it first spotted it on monday)

I dont' understand why this is so vague and unclear to the public, these small details can't hinder official investigations, they can only help. In the most advanced age of communication in human history. Cops still want to "play things close to the chest" open communication is a valuable resource.

Also there was somewhere I read that there last actual phone call was after her roommate and they didn't recognize the number and don't know who it was.

Can someone explain how LE jurisdictions work in Myrtle Beach? Usually the Sheriff's Office would have jurisdiction in the un-incorporated areas and a Police Department within city limits. Where does HCPD fit into the picture? Is Peachtree Landing within city limits?

MBPD
HCSO
HCPD

BTW, Heather's Uncle is a Reserve Deputy for HCSO.

An odd question, I know, but could Heather have possible been doing any "modeling" gigs, say Model Mayhem, photo shoots or anything like that?

There is a possibility.... I think at least one of her fb photos is a professional photo taken by someone who is listed on Model Mayhem.

Can someone explain how LE jurisdictions work in Myrtle Beach? Usually the Sheriff's Office would have jurisdiction in the un-incorporated areas and a Police Department within city limits. Where does HCPD fit into the picture? Is Peachtree Landing within city limits?

MBPD
HCSO
HCPD

BTW, Heather's Uncle is a Reserve Deputy for HCSO.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's within the city limits. If it is, it's unincorporated. Myrtle Beach has jurisdiction over the city (obviously) and horry county has jurisdiction over any area outside the city limits (as well as all unincorporated areas in Myrtle Beach) in the entire county. Most cities/towns in the US have one sheriff who acts as both sheriff & county police, but horry county spans a very large area & has its own PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli