SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using FB search tools, I have found that Heather and Amber Berbiglia had these places in common.

1. The Bobo's House
2. Vavavape
3. Make your Mark Tattoo
4. WBTW News
5. Medieval Times

Has anyone determined a geographical radius of where Heather may be, based on searches, door-to-door canvassing and any other facts currently known?

What is a reasonable radius?

Well considering what I know, I'm not sure we can come up with a reasonable radius due to the fact that Heather wasn't discovered missing for 36ish hours after her last phone activity.
I feel like if she had been reported missing on Wednesday we probably could have come up with a reasonable radius but because she wasn't, someone may have decided they had more time to come up with a smarter plan and moved her much farther away.
Just my pessimistic thought. And I'm rarely pessimistic.

I can't find anything either.

Somewhere during the previous threads, somebody found a post where the rumor might have started, but one of the verified insiders refused to confirm it or deny it. eta: But right now I can't even find that post. I think you might be right about posts being deleted.

So something's up with the car and I don't think it's that her father drove it home. I think they (LE) want to keep it really hushed up.

I KNOW I read something about the car,and cant remember where.My memory is pretty good and I do remember that it was said TE drove car home

Has anyone determined a geographical radius of where Heather may be, based on searches, door-to-door canvassing and any other facts currently known?

Based on the 3:41 am ping and the 6:00 am phone call, I believe she is approximatly 1 hour from Myrtle Beach.

I KNOW I read something about the car,and cant remember where.My memory is pretty good and I do remember that it was said TE drove car home

There was a post here at WS that said that.
The person who said that wasn't a verified insider and therefore we cannot use the information as fact, just rumor.

If it was stated somewhere else, I haven't found it yet and it sounds like I have good company also looking.

It's hard to say. I haven't been able to find any information about the searches, I thought there were supposed to be some going on this weekend or was it this week?

I know they've done a good amount of searching in the PTL area but I have my doubts about her being anywhere near there.

:please:Searches should be done where perp(s) are familiar with. I feel this was very planned and she may of been taken to another county even. I have read that some put people under flower beds, patio, drive to a favorite lake (SP)out in the middle of woods, desert, IIRC that little girl about 15 yrs ago....kidnapped in neighbors camper and taken to a camping site then left... did he try to burn her? I read to many.........sorry............then TB had his favorite burial (dump) ground. I do thnk HE knew the perp(s) [modsnip].................LE knows the WHO, WHAT, WHEN just need HE now.:please:
JMOO

Based on the 3:41 am ping and the 6:00 am phone call, I believe she is approximatly 1 hour from Myrtle Beach.

What ping? Haven't heard anything about a ping. Just some phone usage.

Now, I'm thinking that the car is in LE's custody and the info posted was a test or posted to plant the seed of doubt.

Too much time passed before she was reported missing, IMO, to make a good estimate. The perp may have even moved her, once he realized no one knew she was missing on Wednesday and into Thursday. Also, there does not seem to be a solid sighting and time as to when the truck was parked at the landing. JMO

The thing that is really tricky in determining the disposal site here on WS is that if the perp(s) is reading here, he/she could move the body if someone makes a warm post. The good thing though is that if they are a POI, unnamed publicly by police, then chances are that person is under surveillance so can not do any moving. Not to mention, depending on what the specific site is, sometimes a body is incapable of being moved.

Also, I didn't want to mention this earlier to give the perp any ideas, but one thing that also could occur is for the perp(s) to move the body to an area that has already been searched. That is another reason why it could be important to keep going over areas previously searched and cleared. And, as we've seen in other cases, sometimes things are missed in searches the first few times through (for example, Gabrielle Swainson).

Also, when tips are submitted to LE, on possible areas to search, one never knows if those are ever actually followed up on or pursued.

Agreed Woe and Wondergirl, we are definitely a team effort here combining various skills, talents, etc.

If we are going to hypothesize on OMs involvement (or anyone specifically), then the main thing I think is to look at awareness space including occupation, acquaintances, frequently traveled routes, hobbies, lands, work assignments, equipment used by / known to perp(s), etc etc etc. So many things that can and need to be researched. But as I understand it, unless a POI is named, we can not talk about specific areas relating to this person (or any other persons).

Thinking out loud, maybe its worthwhile going back and taking another look at things and places associated with the Tier 3 RSO who lives in Heather's condo community, not to mention the other 3 RSOs she could have possibly been in contact with via work.

:please:Searches should be done where perp(s) are familiar with. I feel this was very planned and she may of been taken to another county even. I have read that some put people under flower beds, patio, drive to a favorite lake (SP)out in the middle of woods, desert, IIRC that little girl about 15 yrs ago....kidnapped in neighbors camper and taken to a camping site then left... did he try to burn her? I read to many.........sorry............then TB had his favorite burial (dump) ground. I do thnk HE knew the perp(s) [modsnip].................LE knows the WHO, WHAT, WHEN just need HE now.:please:
JMOO

I am confused. LE has never said it IS foul play. Is there another article or other factual document supporting that LE knows this and knows the who, what, and when? How do you know that the KNOW? Or is this your opinion?

[modsnip]

YES, Clemsongurl- On 1-9-2012 #811

Verified Insider Creek-Ratz said --"Car was driven to fathers home. So, must have had fuel in it".

I remembered it too.

IMO it is a possibility if OM was involved Heather could be located in Francis Marion National Forest. This would be approx an hours drive from PTL driving on 17A.

JMO

I really hope LE is still reading here and noting all the different places / ideas suggested in all these threads, starting from the beginning in thread 1.

I see some people still think that maybe Heather really was at the hospital the day before she went missing. Don't the receipts found in the car prove she wasn't? hmmm... are we allowed to talk about the receipts?

We never heard what receipts we for, did we?

I would think that associates of any persons LE may have concerns about would be a direction in which to look. Who in that circle has private property with wells, acreage, woods, equipment/machinery or other features that would be attractive to this perpetrator? This could be as far as out of state.

I think it's also plausible that someone for hire could have contributed to the crime or its cover-up, particularly disposal, depending on the degree to which the perpetrator felt pressure to create the appearance of distance between him/her and Heather's disappearance, or, to eliminate risky direct activity after the fact. Paid help, or even someone 'sympathetic to the cause' may have property, or work for someone who does, or be willing to travel a distance. As I said previously, the owner of the property might not be aware of the crime or dumping activity and is unwittingly being used.

And sometimes perpetrators are either stupid, or crazy like a fox, and the victim is under the nose of LE, and those invested in finding the victim. I've read so many cases where a site was searched and searchers were practically tripping over the victim, but didn't find them initially.

But in this case, I think she's well-obscured.

I suppose she could be in any body of water but that has never really struck me as likely.

I'd like to think LE has considered these things, other ideas being posted here, and more.

Would sure love to be a fly on the wall in the investigations huddle.

I haven't been thinking water much either, but access to boats, if any POI's have them, is worrisome, so near the open sea.

Maybe this was a regular meeting spot for HE and someone, whether it was friends, an ex, etc, and someone else knew that, therefore dumped the car there.

However, maybe I missed it, but had any mention been made of her car being combed by a forensic team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc