SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's way past time for them to reassure the community!! I blame them for much of the circus. We've gone from one girl missing, HE, to three missing, and then two found, one still missing, community searches, CUE searches, community sponsored tip tents set up, active facebook page run by the family and friends of HE, false rumors being considered fact, the postings of a scorned OMW on FHEFB page, it goes on and on and NOTHING but silence from LE. I swear I think they have done a disservice to the Elvis family and community. We should all have confidence that they are on this and progress is being made. The perp is watching this and enjoying every minute of the distraction.
I swear I have that feeling of "Look over here", while something else is really going on....[/QUOTE]

I'm totally frustrated by this! I'm distressed to think that LE could be out of control in finding HE.

Nothing justifies breaking the law. Nothing. No matter how one lives their life, does it justify someone taking it, IF, someone did. No matter how angry you get, it doesn't make taking someone's life, IF someone did. No matter how frustrated with LE you are, it doesn't make vigilante or taking matters in your own. Breaking the law is never okay.

LE can not make an arrest when they do not have a crime scene, evidence, or know that there is foul play and/or a body. Everyone wants them to do something. They can't make things magically appear. It either has been found or it doesn't. Maybe there wasn't a crime, maybe it wasn't anywhere near here, maybe people haven't been truthful which is why they haven't been able to find her (and I don't only mean OM). Remember a lot of what people base things on are the "facts" that came from those arrested.

It's way past time for them to reassure the community!! I blame them for much of the circus. We've gone from one girl missing, HE, to three missing, and then two found, one still missing, community searches, CUE searches, community sponsored tip tents set up, active facebook page run by the family and friends of HE, false rumors being considered fact, the postings of a scorned OMW on FHEFB page, it goes on and on and NOTHING but silence from LE. I swear I think they have done a disservice to the Elvis family and community. We should all have confidence that they are on this and progress is being made. The perp is watching this and enjoying every minute of the distraction.
.[/[/B]QUOTE]

I'm totally frustrated by this! I'm distressed to think that LE could be out of control in finding HE.

There are at least 3 girls missing in Horry County.

SC SC: Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

IMO, LE rarely finds missing persons if they are crime victims. That is because their bodies are generally hidden. Citizens find them, if they are ever found, in most cases. I think expectations in MP cases are too high; yes, it would ideal if they could all be found, but seriously, how? Bodies could be hidden anywhere, you might search within six feet and not find a body, as we have seen many times before. All they can really do, IMO, is investigate the circumstances and perform searches when they have leads, tips or clues. I am pretty sure LE is doing this. Also pretty sure that in this case, anyway, awareness is high. If people in the area are unaware that Heather is missing, they are not likely to pay much attention to a PC either, as they would have to be anti-news, IMO.

I have a lot of faith in LE overall, but MP cases are something different...each one is a separate event, hard enough to determine if there has even been a crime. LE are not miracle workers...many people who would kill go to great lengths to make sure a body is NOT found, especially if the agenda is to suggest the person left voluntarily.

At this point, if Heather is deceased, IMO she will either be found by chance, or not at all (barring a confession). But I doubt we will see a confession unless an arrest comes, and I doubt we will an arrest, unless she is found...so, what to do?

JMO

'and the silent epidemic cycle of missing/murdered persons in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC will tragically continue'..

This is why HE must be located and receive justice, imo. Otherwise, the MB/HC community will be looking over their shoulders for years to come in fear for their families safety, imo.

No cluciano63, the HCPD are not miracle workers, nor does anyone expect them to be. Yet there are many available investigative resources that are being squandered that could improve the probability of a successful conclusion to HE's investigation, imo..

I've had this stuck in my head... Courtesy of <modsnip>. - Edit: "ME"

Come home
Come home
Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long
For so long

:please:

IMO, the one thing that is stopping this case from getting more national media coverage is the fact that LE has not held any press conferences. It has every other factor---attractive victim, sensational circumstances, proactive parents, online interest, etc. The more media coverage a case gets, the bigger a circus it becomes. I don't think it would halt the shenanigans, just increase them, as more people become aware of the case.

I guess you can't have it both ways then.

IMO, National news isn't going to help locally.

LE should have established a strong local direction and objective from day one. IMOO, LE got off to a slow start. And CUE's efforts were lack luster and disorganized at best (again IMO and from what I've heard).

I honestly think that the Elvis family should have hired a PI immediately or at least early-on.

I've had this stuck in my head... Courtesy of ME.

Come home

Come home

Cause I've been waiting for you

For so long

For so long

:please:

I have been singing it as well.

Where is Heather?

You all need to use the initials for a minor. Against TOS to use full name. Sorry.

Question: Why do some feel national coverage of this case will get the local LE to step up their game? Do you feel the state should take over this case? If yes why this case and not the others? Do you feel this isn't a "local" crime but one that has national ramifications? and finally .have you (locals) lost complete faith in your police department in regards to investigating what seems like a growing list of missing people?

If anyone ever gets arrested at any time for Heather's disappearance, I guarantee they will make a claim of tampering.
I agree that an arrest needed to happen if a law was broken-100% no doubt.
I made the comment as an observation that if you are on #teamheather, which both men purport to be, than this isn't helping her.

I don't know what evidence was involved. I don't know what other evidence LE has. I prefer to wait that one out before I condemn her case to failure. I'm confident any defense attorney will try to save his or her client's skin with anything that will work, so we'll see what they have compared to LE, if this ever gets beyond the three-ring event it's been thus far. For all we know, the failure to secure the car at PTL will be #1 on the list of tampering claims.

As I said previously, I can't imagine that any situation where the public is trying the case by social media, or where a private party is fielding tips, is helping Heather. What happened yesterday is a fine example.

Have been watching this for a couple of days, interesting report yesterday in an area that we've been keeping an eye on...http://www.horrycounty.org/apps/CrimeAnalysis/view.html

I know what happens in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread...

but... Maybe you could take this information down there?

Maybe there are scanners that heard about it?

IMO... I am very curious about it!

TIA....:seeya:

Does anyone have any information about this search? I want to know where they searched from the meet location.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons is organizing another search on 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 11. Participants will meet at the corner of Dick Scobee Drive and Ronald McNair Road in Myrtle Beach.

Search meet location linked below.

http://goo.gl/maps/BWVid

To the Mods I am not trying to cross the line, but based upon comments on SM sites and additional information.

I am wondering if DR was a fake account made up or if it wasn't one of the two who were recently arrested.

The account has been deleted.

My reasons for asking this is there was some strong very strong allegedly legal activity "about to happen" on Sunday 1-19-2014 ??

I know several of y'll remember because all heck broke loose.

And this alleged legal activity never happened ???

Wonder if this is one of the events that contributed to the arrests. :jail:

Question: Why do some feel national coverage of this case will get the local LE to step up their game? Do you feel the state should take over this case? If yes why this case and not the others? Do you feel this isn't a "local" crime but one that has national ramifications? and finally .have you (locals) lost complete faith in your police department in regards to investigating what seems like a growing list of missing people?

I'm just in hopes of bringing closure to this thing. My hopes are that with national coverage people will see the myrtle beach area for what it really is (and not the sparkly picture the chamber would like to paint). I'm a local, and I love it here, but I'm really questioning how much safer this really is then the crime ridden area I'm originally from. I'm friends with several people in our local LE and the budgets are really really tight. There simply isn't enough money for them to be able to do their job as well as they could. They need more support.
Exe. When reporting a robbery a few years back, I had to wait 2 hours for HCPD to come. A short time later there was an accident in front of my home and I could hear someone moaning, 911 told me they didn't know where my street address was and couldn't find it….Having an address that is in the 911 system is a requirement to get a C.O. - how could they tell me my address wasn't in their system?
I'm hoping that national coverage might tempt FBI to step in (if they haven't already). I also hope that IF Heather is out of state somebody saw something. Whether she left on her own or was forcibly transported (alive or not), someone might have seen something suspicious. Maybe someone who was here on vacation saw something and until it is nationally covered they are completely unaware. Also I'm hoping to bring awareness to what really does seem to be an epidemic here in Horry County. What if each time they do these national reports they do a brief on the other missing locals and it jogs the memory of someone who saw something and their case has closure. I don't want to be the next victim, and if my children were ever the next victim I can't even imagine trying to move forward. We have too many unsolved missing persons cases - women and men. What happened to all of them? They didn't vanish, they weren't abducted by aliens. Where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor