SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm crippled - page won't load, button doesn't work - way too labor intensive.
What's up with the board?

Oh my! How on earth did the car straddle the ditch???

HCPD doesn't have snow cables for their vehicles? "Leave it to the professionals"..Jeeze.. I give up... How can you provide public safety straddling a ditch?

I live in the mountains of north GA, have a two wheel drive vehicle(pu Truck) and can navigate all road conditions; ice or snow, with tire snow cables.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5072462_difference-snow-chains-snow-cables.html#ixzz2rpKT7OLL

But Foxfire...that takes effort. You know....chains, salt, all that is too much work.

HCPD doesn't have snow cables for their vehicles? "Leave it to the professionals"..Jeeze.. I give up... How can you provide public safety straddling a ditch?

I live in the mountains of north GA, have a two wheel drive vehicle(pu Truck) and can navigate all road conditions; ice or snow, with tire snow cables.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5072462_difference-snow-chains-snow-cables.html#ixzz2rpKT7OLL

Probably because they are located at the beach, down South.

Was on my FB and saw a post of a like 10 second video from WMBF saying they were gonna talk about the HE case developments in a few minutes. So I turned on the 5pm news and they talked about the arrests, but nothing we didn't know. However, they did say they're going to have an interview (can't remember if it'll be live) with TE as the lead at 6pm. Here's a link to watch live for non-locals:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/category/235957/wmbf-live

Remember, 6pm est. so about 45 minutes.

Common options for your car include snow tires, snow chains and snow cables.

You'd think they would keep some on hand for times like these even if they do only happen maybe once every five years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of ironic, the arrests maybe stemming from a screenshot when they all wanted others convicted based on basically another screenshot...jmo

Here is the constantly updated 48 hour crime map for Horry County

http://www.horrycounty.org/apps/CrimeAnalysis/view.html

Has anyone looked at this on their phone? I can't make sense out of it, I can make filters work but I can't see where the reports are. I see the little icons but even if I filter it way down there are a lot! It looks like I should be able to click or something to get more info but it's not working for me, or it is just plain smarter than I am (highly possible)
Also what is with the spinny circle with the tree in it. It moves around appears and disappears.
Thanks for any direction here.

We are not discussing anything from the Find Heather Elvis Facebook. That also means we are not discussing about what a mess it is either.

Also don't post about others being 'snippy' or rude. If you feel someone is doing that then alert so a Mod can look into it.

Don't discuss putting anyone on ignore either.

Ima

This case needs to crack---it's just so frustrating.....I am hoping the investigation can be refocused and that info will soon come to light for the Elvis family...

Off topic but I just caught up on the latest in the Skylar Neese case, and am quite disheartened

Probably because they are located at the beach, down South.

eileenhawkeye, last I looked, GA was also in the south. Snow & ice is rare, but it happens occasionally. The first rule of public safety is 'prepare for the worst & pray for the best'..
Tire cables are only about $50.00 and can be used in many other situations other than ice. They take about two minutes to install, unlike chains, and they do not damage your tires or vehicle.
Police vehicles are for use in all types of emergency situations to provide public safety. You can't save lives, property, or apprehend criminals if you can't respond...

Has anyone looked at this on their phone? I can't make sense out of it, I can make filters work but I can't see where the reports are. I see the little icons but even if I filter it way down there are a lot! It looks like I should be able to click or something to get more info but it's not working for me, or it is just plain smarter than I am (highly possible)
Also what is with the spinny circle with the tree in it. It moves around appears and disappears.
Thanks for any direction here.

The spinning circle is telling you the page is loading or updating when you first pull it up or if you expand or retract a specific area. If you press on one of the icons, it should pop up a box that states the date/time & type of call/log.... but you have to press directly on it so sometimes you have to zoom in or make the image bigger to do so because if you click on the area next to it by mistake it will just say no information available or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly O/T Here's where there is going to be a problem with the recent arrests. Depending on the charges for the two individuals being charged with Obstruction of Justice, "posting misleading information on Facebook" is not a crime. If somehow they are convicted of Obstruction of Justice due to "posting misleading information on Facebook", then everything that everyone has ever written without IMO or JMO, etc would be open to prosecution for anything. In addition, neither of the men were the only people posting misleading information. For the second allegation, "he began questioning a witness in an attempt to gain confidential information about the law enforcement investigation", LE would have to PROVE that the only reason anyone was questioning a witness was to actually gain confidential information, so whomever was questioning a witness would pretty much have to use the words "Tell me whatever you know that the police won't tell anyone." Just getting confidential information as a by-product of asking questions is also not a crime. The third allegation was "conducted an independent search, where potential evidence was uncovered and did not immediately report it to law enforcement." So if it isn't evidence, is it still a crime? (I just have to wonder about that, it isn't a real question.) If something was found and the person finding it wasn't sure if it was evidence and if they should report it or not, that isn't a crime. If it were, how many of us would be guilty of a crime because we uncovered something about someone that MIGHT be evidence? Can you imagine how inundated LE would be if we called in everything we ever uncovered about every case without some more research first? However, if they removed something from a location, that would be a different story. (I don't know if the potential evidence was physical or virtual). The only actual crime that MAY have been committed would be fabricating misleading information and actually relaying it to LE, knowing the information was misleading.

And these are only ALLEGED charges. These men have not been convicted. I give them the same benefit of the doubt I give all parties involved until there is actual evidence shown that any of the charges are valid and not just LE trying to get everyone to shut up by scaring them with this arrest (because I've seen that more than once). I've said my piece, thank you for reading.

JMO, IMO, my own opinions written down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member