SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was done long before the arrests. That was what her point was, as was mine. I do think it is wonderful that they did it and I hope it continues.

It was uploaded 3 hours ago by dateline and is being shared again, via the web. This is the national news coverage I was speaking about.

Her point was that the arrest of 2 men was not related to the dateline interview (it had not been updated to include any of these shananagins)…and the point of my response was I never said they were related.

Either way - Find Heather

It was uploaded 3 hours ago by dateline and is being shared again, via the web. This is the national news coverage I was speaking about.

Her point was that the arrest of 2 men was not related to the dateline interview (it had not been updated to include any of these shananagins)…and the point of my response was I never said they were related.

Either way - Find Heather

Nevermind....

So which number are you saying is incorrect then? You guys were saying they were telling people to call a number that is NOT LE?

Please read my previous posts. I am not going to post a number that the mods don't want here (according to another poster who posted it) and I was told by LE not to call.

I would say a wordpress.com blog is actually less likely to be hacked than a blog on running on its own domain name. If your blog is on Wordpress.com you are using their server which you don't have control over. I'm sure that a wordpress.com blog is more secure than buying a domain and slapping a blog on it with a run-of-the-mill shared web hosting plan.

Either way, using wordpress.com looks super unprofessional for any official organization IMO.

It's a commonly known thing to be hacked-as late as a few weeks ago they announced a big hole in Wordpress. I had one at one time and found it to be a real problem-and I'm a nobody. I expect an agancy like HCPD might be an easy invite to snooping. Maybe that's how the press got an unredacted police report?:twocents: :moo:

As a public service to HCPD & anyone interested read this-

Prevent Your WordPress Blog from Being Hacked
http://www.webuildyourblog.com/prevent-your-wordpress-blog-from-being-hacked/

Unless that was a meeting place she had used before. I am not convinced her family knew as much about her recent life as they may have thought, JMO.

I believe an earlier thread mentioned TE owning a house around there. There was talk then of -if it was vacant or rented out now. So it seems Heather knew the area well.

I had to be a mom and wife for a couple of hours, and I am now behind the thread. With that said, I always thought and found WS to be a very supportive forum. I know that Heather's case has brought out the worst in me, emotionally, but we are all here for the same reason. Bring Heather home. I feel that in times like this when emotions run high we need to remember Heather is our common goal. MOO and TIA for taking my thoughts into consideration.

I am off to bed now, and I think from here on out I will just lurk. I will forever pray that Heather is found and that her family finds justice.

Indeed they are making GS into a martyr for the cause...any suggestion otherwise is met with the flames of one thousand fires...JMO

I am off to bed now, and I think from here on out I will just lurk. I will forever pray that Heather is found and that her family finds justice.

I'm starting to run out of theories or thoughts that might help HE. In fact, I seem to be rehashing them quite a bit. After today I may just need to back off and lurk awhile myself.

It's a commonly known thing to be hacked-as late as a few weeks ago they announced a big hole in Wordpress. I had one at one time and found it to be a real problem-and I'm a nobody. I expect an agancy like HCPD might be an easy invite to snooping. Maybe that's how the press got an unredacted police report?:twocents: :moo:

As a public service to HCPD & anyone interested read this-

Prevent Your WordPress Blog from Being Hacked
http://www.webuildyourblog.com/prevent-your-wordpress-blog-from-being-hacked/

You're confusing a wordpress.com blog with a self-hosted wordpress (wordpress.org) site.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-org-vs-wordpress-com/
http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

You're confusing a wordpress.com blog with a self-hosted wordpress (wordpress.org) site.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-org-vs-wordpress-com/
http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

ummm,no, I believe I know what I'm referring to. As stated below while the core may have strong security it's rather easy to get in if you're not exactly administering it correctly or you're unaware of how to reinforce it. As is evidenced by lack of updates,etc at HCPD site it would lead one to believe they're not exactly versed in computer communications. Even such a simple thing as a password like 123456 which is now the most common password used,replacing "password" (see below)

the good news is I'm sure the FBI would be able to provide assistance in that matter (all they have to do is ask). They're great guys really well versed in all the computer "mumbo-jumbo"....Simple fix......

https://managewp.com/how-to-identify-and-fix-a-hacked-wordpress-website
it is commonly accepted that the WordPress Core has strong security. Professional analysis of hacked WordPress sites typically reveals the point of entry to be the result of a weak administrator or FTP password, a domain or hosting level breach, an insecure plugin or theme, running an outdated version of the WordPress Core, or a point of entry other than the WordPress Core.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE sees all the shenanigans happening in this case, and won't hold a PC because there's a good chance it will increase the amount of media/public interest in the case, therefore making it even more of a circus.

My first post after lurking throughout this HE ordeal/nightmare. I'm local to Myrtle Beach and friends with the Elvis family. They are heartbroken of course as can be expected. I've decided to register simply because i've seen a couple of questions posted in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to answer but wasn't able to since i wasn't registered. If i can help in any way, let me know.

Please read my previous posts. I am not going to post a number that the mods don't want here (according to another poster who posted it) and I was told by LE not to call.

I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood you. I thought someone had said it was the WRONG number on the posters. I was at work when that discussion was going on and didn't get a chance to fully read it. I tried to go back and look but I think many of the posts pertaining to this discussion earlier were actually deleted. So that is why I was asking. I'm glad we are on the same page now and the posters that have been circulating have the correct phone number on them. Thanks
:seeya:

ummm,no, I believe I know what I'm referring to. As stated below while the core may have strong security it's rather easy to get in if you're not exactly administering it correctly or you're unaware of how to reinforce it. As is evidenced by lack of updates,etc at HCPD site it would lead one to believe they're not exactly versed in computer communications. Even such a simple thing as a password like 123456 which is now the most common password used,replacing "password" (see below)

the good news is I'm sure the FBI would be able to provide assistance in that matter (all they have to do is ask). They're great guys really well versed in all the computer "mumbo-jumbo"....Simple fix......

https://managewp.com/how-to-identify-and-fix-a-hacked-wordpress-website
it is commonly accepted that the WordPress Core has strong security. Professional analysis of hacked WordPress sites typically reveals the point of entry to be the result of a weak administrator or FTP password, a domain or hosting level breach, an insecure plugin or theme, running an outdated version of the WordPress Core, or a point of entry other than the WordPress Core.

Sorry but you ARE confusing the two. Wordpress.com blogs don't have FTP access for ANYTHING. You can't update the Wordpress Core on a wordpress.com blog. The article you provided is talking about a self-hosted WordPress installation which is different than a wordpress.com blog.

My first post after lurking throughout this HE ordeal/nightmare. I'm local to Myrtle Beach and friends with the Elvis family. They are heartbroken of course as can be expected. I've decided to register simply because i've seen a couple of questions posted in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to answer but wasn't able to since i wasn't registered. If i can help in any way, let me know.

Welcome and thanks for joining us. My thoughts are with you all, I hope Heather is found soon.

Do you know anything about the two arrested today? As I understand it, William Barrett is a friend of the family, is that correct? What about the other?

It wouldn't surprise me if LE sees all the shenanigans happening in this case, and won't hold a PC because there's a good chance it will increase the amount of media/public interest in the case, therefore making it even more of a circus.

And if they are not ready to make an arrest, name suspects or announce they have found Heather, what can they say, really? They would just be plagued with questions about the SM stuff. They should, IMO, release a statement about anyone else interfering in any way with the investigation will also be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313