SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO it is quite clear that TE believes the M's to be the guilty party(ies)...the question is, does he have more concrete info or evidence than simply being the last contact on her phone? My guess is that he probably does know more than we do. It could just be a refusal to take LD tests, for example, or something more suspicious.

Horrycounty.org Then click online services and then crime map..this is a 48 hour map but really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I recall, the m's didn't have a crazy mob after them and they weren't being accused of anything until after their odd behavior. The pr wasn't public until what, the 14 the or so....mrs. M was creating drama before that. In the beginning entity 4 was being questioned.....just like everyone else. How cooperative was he?

From what I recall, the m's didn't have a crazy mob after them and they weren't being accused of anything until after their odd behavior. The pr wasn't public until what, the 14 the or so....mrs. M was creating drama before that. In the beginning entity 4 was being questioned.....just like everyone else. How cooperative was he?

Not sure...but TE does not seem to be pointing at him, that is for sure.

Didn't they work at the same place. Were either of them not working from October on.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

SM only did some contract work at TK over the summer, per Heather's twitter.

Do you suppose that they went forward with the searches to try to find the body even if they have already found the crime scene?

I can only give you my opinion. IMO, they do not have a known crime scene. Furthermore, they coordinated with CUE because CUE is know to do a good job of finding people, finding bodies, etc without contaminating evidence, etc. Their only agenda is to find missing persons -- not glory, not vigilante justice -- just search & find.

IMO, LE knows much more than is publicly known. For example, we ALL now know that LE was aware of the "relationship" with SM, the late night phone calls with SM/TM, etc from the beginning. They also knew about the date, the photo of HE driving the stick shift and the exact times of contact, texts, calls, etc. Most of that information was a hold back, and justifiably so (RE: recent events of vigilante type actions). I'm sure there is more in their evidence bag, too.

I adore this picture of Heather. It's so sweet and probably one of the nearest representations of her true personality.

Yes, but it's probably the one that is most difficult for me to look at, knowing she is missing and the possibility, in my opinion, that foul play could be involved.

What I mean is that in Brittanee Drexel's case, LE provided both ping and text information to the public with dates and locations. In this case, LE has provided no ping info and the phone data from TE is sketchy. TE knows allot more about Heather's calls that night than he has shared. IMO TE has been advised not to share certain information.

See my other post on the BD phone info.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

I understand all this. I'm not even discussing ping info other than to say I think those records + activity records likely have a relationship damaging to the perpetrator. I have no doubt this information was quickly sought and obtained by LE early into this.

But, I have a hard time grasping why LE would want continued silence re: a timeline that's been all over the web for awhile, and confirmed by police report. Yet it would not advise against loose lips on other matters. Or, conversely, why a person would be compliant in one case, and not another. In regard to the phone specifically, it just doesn't make sense that there would be a parsing of what part of the record could be made known and what part couldn't. JMO

Do you know how long she was missing before LE went public with her phone info? Months, years?

It was pretty early on that LE released her ping information. From what I remember it was about 1 to 2 weeks after her disappearance.

What I mean is that in Brittanee Drexel's case, LE provided both ping and text information to the public with dates and locations. In this case, LE has provided no ping info and the phone data from TE is sketchy. TE knows allot more about Heather's calls that night than he has shared. IMO TE has been advised not to share certain information.

See my other post on the BD phone info.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

I've been thinking about this. Could it be because LE didn't have a clue who was involved in the BD case so they released ping info to give some location information hoping to get additional tips. And maybe in HE case they do have a clue and do not want to show their hand with ping information? Wouldn't the release of ping information allow a potential suspect to generate an alibi for very specific times and dates. An alibi that was far from any ping location. Just a thought.
As much as I'd love to have ping times and locations, it's better kept out of the public if it will be a snare later on in an arrest.

Not true. Sleuth. All I can say on here is the recent article stated they were harassed in Dec. I am defending no one by saying this. Just responding to what you stated.

SM has been interviewed
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

We have no idea how cooperative he was. Only that police questioned him.
In some of the early articles LE mentioned that some have been cooperative and some have not. Clearly the date was because he was cleared. We have no idea if SM was cooperative when questioned or not or anyone else really.

Deleted post. It was an honest question but could be misconstrued.

I've been thinking about this. Could it be because LE didn't have a clue who was involved in the BD case so they released ping info to give some location information hoping to get additional tips. And maybe in HE case they do have a clue and do not want to show their hand with ping information? Wouldn't the release of ping information allow a potential suspect to generate an alibi for very specific times and dates. An alibi that was far from any ping location. Just a thought.
As much as I'd love to have ping times and locations, it's better kept out of the public if it will be a snare later on in an arrest.

I think your assumptions about why they released ping data in BD's case but not in HE's make perfect sense. The cases are similar in some respects, but very different in others.

Not true. Sleuth. All I can say on here is the recent article stated they were harassed in Dec. I am defending no one by saying this. Just responding to what you stated.

SM has been interviewed

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

But something must have happened between 12/19 (the day the car was found) and 12/22 (the day mentioned in an article as the first harassment report was taken). We probably won't find out but I'm curious. If all accounts are true, something made TE start focusing on SM. We just don't know what.

SM has been interviewed

I was saying no crazy mob in December - after the post (mid January) was made that brought on a HUGE public outrage there certainly were a large amount of people that had a distaste for SM and OMW.
I was reading that article yesterday scratching my head. I know they say they were harassed in December…but no arrests were made and no charges were pressed. There has been no evidence of this harassment published (that I've seen). Just wondering if it really happened. If there were arrests or charges for these December harrassments please enlighten me.

Yes, this makes sense. I think all roads lead to and from the phone records, both activity and pings, and no one is more aware of that than LE.

But something must have happened between 12/19 (the day the car was found) and 12/22 (the day mentioned in an article as the first harassment report was taken). We probably won't find out but I'm curious. If all accounts are true, something made TE start focusing on SM. We just don't know what.

TE looked at the phone records & saw what he needed to see. I believe he did this very shortly after determining HE was missing. He could've figured out who the person was by doing a "reverse lookup" of the number, or he could've asked the roommate in a private converstation.

But I believe TE's answer is in the phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89