SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please give me the link about the PMs? I'm getting hopelessly confused and turned around. I know it was stated, but I can't remember when and where.

This article does mention phone activity and specifically mentions SM:

Horry County investigators confirmed to MyHorryNews.com that cell phone records show Elvis communicated with a man, whom the website identifies as 38-year-old Sidney Moorer, as late as 6 a.m. on Dec. 18. Police records obtained by the website state that Elvis had a relationship history with Moorer, of Horry County.

more at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/0...-year-old-south-carolina-woman-heather-elvis/

and this one mentions man twice her age (can't imagine who else it would be but SM since they also say it's someone she had a relationship with):

According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date.

The calls were back and forth between the victim and the older man, the report said.

The older man told police he hasn’t seen the victim since October, and then admitted to speaking with Heather Elvis the previous night, the report continued.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Can you link me to the article that specifically mentions PMs? I know it exists because it's been discussed here numerous times, I'd just like to have a link so I can have the three articles to compare, if you have it handy.

TIA.

Sure, but haven't you read the most recent article,
Horry County police chief gives update on probe into Heather Elvis disappearance, dated February 6 and updated February 7.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

"Rhodes said about 15 search warrants have been issued since Elvis was reported missing. Through the warrants police have searched Elvis social media accounts, including private messages not previously reported.
The contents of those messages have not been released." bbm

(Thank you to the poster who pointed out earlier that, indeed, the PMs seem to be affiliated with Heather's social media accounts.)

"Rhodes said about 15 search warrants have been issued since Elvis was reported missing. Through the warrants police have searched Elvis social media accounts, including private messages not previously reported.

The contents of those messages have not been released."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

IMO, and I highly hope, LE was able to obtain past as well as any deleted FB messages from HE's FB account.

Could it be possible that LE recently (and finally) gained access?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/facebook-does-not-erase-user-deleted-content/4808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing a number of the search warrants were for phones, devices, maybe the apartment and her car...wonder how many, if any, were for other premises.

K, got permission from Salem to bring this over here...

It was stated by TE on FB that the correct wording used by the man Tuesday is the quote used in this article:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1004566#.UvaaD_ldXG4

It is NOT the quote stated "We have Heather." Biggggg difference to me.

"Heather was first, M is next."
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1004566

Are people speaking the same language in and around Myrtle Beach? :banghead:

I hope TE dialed 911 immediately upon entering his office. His phone and car keys were inside his office. The carolina article states that's why he went inside his office.

The first source, when we heard about the incident, stated TE tried to follow them. wth?

The faulty communication in this case is bazaar.

Sorry for the O/T, kinf of, but do you think the storage places in Myrtle Beach have been checked out? I wonder if anyone has one that knows Heather? My apologies, just thought of that. Myrtle Beach has a lot of them when I searched via google.

Whoever did this had quite a while until Heather being missing was ever determined. Lot's of time. I'm afraid she might be found in any number of states.

(I'm sick so go easy on me or ignore, please and thank you).

I am guessing a number of the search warrants were for phones, devices, maybe the apartment and her car...wonder how many, if any, were for other premises.

I wonder that as well and also if and how many were sent off to other services such as Microsoft (Skype), Twitter, Kik, ...etc. I feel like SM may have received the majority of them.

I also wonder how long it would take in receiving the SM content info. If HE had unknown Apps/services she used on her phone to send messages then first LE would have to request and receive that information from T-Mobile, then go through the steps to request information from the other services. Then wait for their response and/or etc. I've wondered if that is also why they haven't said much...things are still slowly trickling in to them.

I hope TE dialed 911 immediately upon entering his office. His phone and car keys were inside his office. The carolina article states that's why he went inside his office.

The first source, when we heard about the incident, stated TE tried to follow them. wth?

In all honesty, I wouldn't find that odd if that was something he did. I think I would have tried to follow them...calling LE and providing tag info in the process.

I would find it more unusual if LE had not brought in FBI, as we see them involved in many cases now, of all types. They have more access to resources and generally, more experience in certain types of crimes.

and Why?? kidnapped? drugs? doesn't sound like routine, does it?

FBI and the US Marshall's office both have branches whose main job is to provide support when requested by state/local law enforcement agencies. Frequently this involves providing specialized expertise, so in this case it wouldn't surprise me if local LE asked for assistance in tracking and analyzing the social media and other electronic content.

Maybe he does...I only heard him saying 3:41 and the being off after that, which does not jive.

TE first gave 3AM as the time of the final phone call (I recall a discussion that maybe 3:41 was when the call ended).
It wasn't until NG, that the 3:41AM time was brought up. Forty-one minutes difference.
I also recall a post where someone suggested that maybe TE rounded the time from 3:41 to 3AM. No offense but I chuckled at that idea because when you round, you round up which would result in the time being 4AM.

This is why TE shouldn't be throwing details about the case out for public consumption (unless they're correct and LE wants him too). imo

TE first stated the time of the final phone call was 3AM (I recall a discussion that maybe 3:41 was when the call ended).
It wasn't until NG, that the 3:41AM time was brought up. Forty-one minutes difference.
I also recall a post where someone suggested that maybe TE rounded the time to 3AM. No offense but I chuckled at that idea because when you round, you round up which would result in the time being 4AM.

This is why TE shouldn't be throwing details about the case out for public consumption (unless they're correct and LE wants him too). imo

Of course he's in shock and grief and probably lack of sleep, but he does not seem to be a detail-oriented person, does he?

OT, but watching a case on "Forensic Files" now where a person found some items belonging to a crime victim and took them home before calling police...therefore LE was unable to use the items, which had fingerprints,etc...

This is the kind of thing I fear could happen or may have happened in this case.

In all honesty, I wouldn't find that odd if that was something he did. I think I would have tried to follow them...calling LE and providing tag info in the process.

I'm referring to the differences in details found within the reporting
(not TE's behavior or reported behavior since I don't know which is which).

IMO the first thing TE should have done is dial 911.
What we consider odd or not, doesn't really matter.

What's confusing is how the stories never seem to match up.
LE looks for inconsistencies in stories when they investigate.
The reporters are either receiving conflicting information or they can't take accurate notes on what they are told.
The discrepancies are suspicious imo.
Don't ask me what that means though because I have no clue. It's weird imo.

I'm not sure how I feel about TE and the upcoming interview. I'll wait until afterwards to decide. I guess at least it's a good thing it's a visual interview. We'll at least be able to hear his exact words instead of having to rely on subjectivity and interpretation from the media.

I've read it elsewhere too, but here's the link from 2 days ago about the task force for Heather and search warrants. I can think of a couple searched possibly.

Police have also searched homes and private properties, but Rhodes declined to specify where, citing the ongoing investigation.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

Honestly..I would have taken,"Heather was first, M is next" as a threat. If I were in TE's shoes I wouldn't have called 911 first. I would have hunted them down because my anger and need to protect my child would have taken over. I'm NOT saying that what I would do is the right thing to do. I'm saying that if someone rolls up and makes a threat against my child,I will lose all rational thought and go after them. TE has been through so much in such a short time..I don't know how he keeps going.

Of course he's in shock and grief and probably lack of sleep, but he does not seem to be a detail-oriented person, does he?

Let me ask this, why is the topic so often TE? Shouldn't the topic be HE?
It goes without saying TE is suffering.
I don't understand the point.
How would anyone who doesn't know him personally know if he's detail-oriented or not? I don't understand why anyone should be trying to explain TE's behavior.

Let me ask this, why is the topic so often TE? Shouldn't the topic be HE?
It goes without saying TE is suffering.
I don't understand the point.
How would anyone who doesn't know him personally know if he's detail-oriented or not? I don't understand why anyone should be trying to explain TE's behavior.

I agree with you that the topic should be HE.

I was just commenting about the 3am versus 3:41am, and thinking that his mental state might account for why he wasn't very precise about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc