SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking...in order to charge them with murder, they have to have very compelling evidence that a murder occurred....which I know is hard but completely possible, even without the remains. What I'm wondering is...short of murder...is there anything else they can be charged with in relation to Heather missing? Is there a charge for causing someone to disappear? Or is it assumed that you caused someone to disappear, you murdered them? Just wondering what other charges short of murder LE could throw at them.

As Nursebee has said :)...........that will take time. They will have to forensically go over the truck. I thought both trucks were taken in.

Did they take the camper too?

tia

I didn't realize until a few minutes ago they'd taken both vehicles in. I had to step away pretty early on yesterday, after news of the arrests broke. Ugh, stupid job and bills and adult responsibilities! ;) I'm still trying to catch up and it's nearly impossible. So, I'm just jumping in here.

I don't like FB. But, I was getting frustrated with this case so I set up a special account- nope, it's not public and I don't have any friends. But, I was able to like the FHEFB page, and keeps tabs on some other "people". I recommend it, lol!

I understand why people read the posts on Facebook. It's just not for me. There's no way to know what's being said is factual or made up. I'm a factual kind of guy when it comes to these case's, so while I find some of the things found on Facebook interesting, I don't give them a lot of weight.

MOO.

What are the charges, Poppy? Tell us what they are.

Salem

Sorry, same as has been reported...the 2 sex charges and obstruction...same as TM. Just wanted to post the Horry Co. Link for others to see.

I didn't realize until a few minutes ago they'd taken both vehicles in. I had to step away pretty early on yesterday, after news of the arrests broke. Ugh, stupid job and bills and adult responsibilities! ;) I'm still trying to catch up and it's nearly impossible. So, I'm just jumping in here.

red truck and a black truck and the camper iirc... if they didn't take the camper they at least searched it but iirc there was a reporter tweet saying they took the camper... a locksmith was also there and was called back on scene after he left

On a quick google search of Huntington Beach SC, camping. Alligators,
This came up:
Huntington Beach State Park - Murrells Inlet - Reviews of Huntington ...
www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-...
Rating: 4.5 - ‎400 reviews
Huntington Beach State Park, Murrells Inlet: See 400 reviews, articles, and 209 photos of ... 16148 Ocean Hwy, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 .... Atalaya mansion ruins is a bonus, with admission only $2. ... Like to see the Alligator's, as we drive in.

If the M couple knew who Heather went out with and where he resided, waited for her to go home and knew she was alone... They could have lured her out to PTL, ambushed her in one of their vehicles, driven her out to this area, shot her and left her there.

That might have been in an effort to frame HE's date. The police report was 12/18/13 3:47 am for suspicious incident with some have said gunshots.

So how much money will it cost to get her out?

Ok, DH on his way home, gotta do the flight of the bumble bee house cleaning so it looks like I have been doing it all day and not slackin on here with you all. See ya later!

Sorry, same as has been reported...the 2 sex charges and obstruction...same as TM. Just wanted to post the Horry Co. Link for others to see.

Thank you! So the same charges as TM.

I'm hoping there is some solid evidence from that search yesterday. One of the Lt.s said they collected a lot of evidence - trouble is, we don't know if it is connected to Heather :(

This HCPD is sure messing up all my speculation/scenarios/etc.

Salem

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24785...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

<sniped-read more>
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - On Saturday, Tammy Moorer was charged with one count of obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure.

For the indecent exposure charge, Tammy Moorer could face up to 3 years for each count. And for the one count of obstruction of justice charge, she could face up to ten years.

Bond was set at $20,000 for all charges. A second appearance was scheduled for May 2, and a trial for June 27 at 8:30 a.m.

Moorer told Judge Dennis Phipps that this sitauation has caused her to lose her job, and talked briefly about her family, [modsnip].

Wasn't GS also charged with obstruction of Justice? So if that is the case GS's arrest is equal to TM and SMs. But GS didn't have a search warrant and a raid on his home?

On a quick google search of Huntington Beach SC, camping. Alligators,
This came up:
Huntington Beach State Park - Murrells Inlet - Reviews of Huntington ...
www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-...
Rating: 4.5 - &#8206;400 reviews
Huntington Beach State Park, Murrells Inlet: See 400 reviews, articles, and 209 photos of ... 16148 Ocean Hwy, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 .... Atalaya mansion ruins is a bonus, with admission only $2. ... Like to see the Alligator's, as we drive in.

If the M couple knew who Heather went out with and where he resided, waited for her to go home and knew she was alone... They could have lured her out to PTL, ambushed her in one of their vehicles, driven her out to this area, shot her and left her there.

That might have been in an effort to frame HE's date. The police report was 12/18/13 3:47 am for suspicious incident with some have said gunshots.

Huntington Beach State Park gates close at 10 I believe. No way to get through the gates until morning. Do you have a link to the police report? I know Duck season was probably in effect then.

Thank you! So the same charges as TM.

I'm hoping there is some solid evidence from that search yesterday. One of the Lt.s said they collected a lot of evidence - trouble is, we don't know if it is connected to Heather :(

This HCPD is sure messing up all my speculation/scenarios/etc.

Salem

I am not so sure they messed up mine yet.... more charges are on the way in the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot