SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can be held until their next court date if they don't post bond, since their next court date is for the charges they are currently incarcerated for.

What if they post bond? How long can LE hold them without charging them?

Stephanie Robusto @stepRobusto on twitter
says that
Solicitor says there is a hold on both Moorers as the judge expects additional charges...

Because both parents were taken into custody and are being held pending additional charges, there is a great possibilty that all three minor children were, at least initially, taken into child protective custody. It would not surprise me if a CPS worker was in attendance at the time of the arrest. The Agency would then place them in emergency foster care pending a family services hearing. I doubt that LE would just let a supposed family member just leave with the minor children. Too much risk of a lawsuit.

And unless they own them outright, they wouldn't have titles at all.

well actually if the trucks were worth say $20 k and they owed $3k that is $17k in equity ..the bail bondsman might give them half of that and get to be put on the title
we're not talking a lot of money for either one of them, bond wise.

What if they post bond? How long can LE hold them without charging them?

They are already charged with SOME charges. If the judge gives them bond and they post it, they must be released immediately. HOWEVER, the judge can revoke their bond pending further charges and they can be held until their next court date. I don't know if TM's bond has been posted or revoked, but news just came in there there will be NO bond hearing for SM, so he can be held until his court date.

Stephanie Robusto @stepRobusto on twitter
says that
Solicitor says there is a hold on both Moorers as the judge expects additional charges...

DON'T LOSE HOPE YET! As one of the mods stated above, there is still 11 hours worth of evidence they collected to analyze. THERE ARE STILL MORE CHARGES PENDING. Just keep the faith that there will be Justice for Heather at the end of all of this. Hopefully SOON.

'Bumping this article from 11 days ago'

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24684193/sled-crime-lab-backlog-affects-cases-families-statewide

SPECIAL REPORT: SLED crime lab backlog affects cases, families statewide
Updated: Feb 11, 2014 6:05 AM EST
<sniped & BBM - read more>

CONWAY, SC -
The hardest part of any criminal investigation and subsequent trial for many victims, or surviving families of victims, can be waiting for an arrest or even a suspect to be named.

"They can see someone put to death in the electric chair or by lethal injection or whatever, and still not have the satisfaction they thought they were going to feel," said Patty Fine, long-time victim's advocate for the 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office. "The only thing that can bring that back is for them to get their loved on back."

Fine, prosecutors, and law enforcement officials statewide often have to wait to get key pieces of evidence processed and analyzed at the State Law Enforcement Division crime lab in Columbia by DNA analysts, and because of the volume of cases, it can take quite a while.

Hughey acknowledged that sometimes cases are moved ahead of others, through a laboratory prioritization process, or as a favor to prosecutors and investigators.

"It's a continual process," said Hughey.

He did acknowledge that recently the crime lab prioritized evidence pertinent to the Heather Elvis disappearance case in Horry County.

Can they use the truck titles if the vehicles are still being processed by LE?

They can't use the truck titles if they already have a lien on them either. I highly doubt "Momma's new ride" is paid off.

They are already charged with SOME charges. If the judge gives them bond and they post it, they must be released immediately. HOWEVER, the judge can revoke their bond pending further charges and they can be held until their next court date. I don't know if TM's bond has been posted or revoked, but news just came in there there will be NO bond hearing for SM, so he can be held until his court date.

They have charges pending so they can be held for 72hrs iirc, and then either more charges or they post bond. imo

I am not so sure they messed up mine yet.... more charges are on the way in the next few days

I have felt for many weeks this case is the discovery of a body away from having at least one of these people on murder 1 charges. I feel even more strongly about that now.

Because both parents were taken into custody and are being held pending additional charges, there is a great possibilty that all three minor children were, at least initially, taken into child protective custody. It would not surprise me if a CPS worker was in attendance at the time of the arrest. The Agency would then place them in emergency foster care pending a family services hearing. I doubt that LE would just let a supposed family member just leave with the minor children. Too much risk of a lawsuit.

really? that seems kinda dramatic. they can't just say, "let me give my kids to gparents"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Because both parents were taken into custody and are being held pending additional charges, there is a great potosi lift that all three minor children were, at least initially taken into child protective custody. It would not surprise me if a CPS worker was in attendance at the time if the arrest. The Agency would then place them in emergency foster care pending a family services hearing. I doubt that LE would just let a supposed family member just leave with the minor children. Too much risk if a lawsuit.

just to throw a monkey wrench into it, the maternal grandfather was arrested on assault charges with SM. So LE may not be so quick to leave the kids in their custody..I'm sure this was all thought out before hand in regards to LE 's planning on this warrant search/arrests.

They have charges pending so they can be held for 72hrs iirc, and then either more charges or they post bond. imo

Yeah, I think you're right. So, TM may have posted bond, but she can be held an additional 72 hours, pending further charges. If those charges aren't filed, then she must be released on bond she posted.

According to the Horry Co public index site, TM has posted bond. Coastal Bail bonds...

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26102&Casenum=2014A2611000021&CaseType=C

tuzyjara.jpg

Can I just say I hope this doesn't mean she's getting out today. Usually inmates aren't released on weekends. I still hold out hope more charges will be added before Monday. I am SO disappointed I can't even put it into words.
:banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"What happens in the dark will be brought to light "

These bafoons are no criminal geniuses. Heather will be home soon.

I'm way behind...again. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the probable cause statement. I'm thinking it must be a doozie to justify the search that went down yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche