SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bridge closest to Heather's apartment is on Hwy 501, the Intracoastal Waterway is below. It runs parallel with the train tracks, someone posted that bridge which is now closed off earlier. There is another bridge closer to Conway on the Waccamaw River.

Just want to mention this as well:

In :rose: Noelle Paquette's :rose: case, one of the perps went to the hospital for injuries related to the abduction (he had burns from a fire he lit, ). Hospital workers can also be helpful in that they may remember any "suspicious" injuries or patients that might have come in for treatment right after Heather disappeared. (Challenging, bc there are so many injuries on any given day, but still throwing this out there for any medical personnel who might be reading this.)

Also, I'd like to have a record of all fires responded to since Heather disappeared. We know that Travis Forbes had a fire in the alley in order to dispose of evidence related to :rose: Kenia M's :rose: case.

We also know Israel Keyes was into lighting fires, as many other perps are (RAT, the list goes on....).

Locals should try to remember if they remember seeing any fires during that time, even small ones, on private property, or anywhere else (brush fires, etc.).

Is there a map of the RR tracks following their full routes? If someone was on foot, it would seem plausible they might follow the tracks out if it was dark.

Also, anyone know the train schedules? Any trains running during the timeframe in question? TIA
The train here in MB no longer runs even though the tracks are still there. The tracks close to Heather's apartment are close to the 501 bridge. They could only walk so far before they hit the Intracoastal Waterway.

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 3m

Also in Horry County: Still no information in the case of #HeatherElvis . If you know where she is, call police. #sctweets

Police tell @BrettBuffington the remains have been there for at least 5 years. #sctweets

We continue to follow the news out of Horry County that human remains have been found. We will keep you updated. #sctweets

Brett Buffington ‏@BrettBuffington 1m

Police now say somewhere between the 4-5 year range.. Can't tell if remains male or female.. A DNA will have to confirm the identity..

That officer told me, so far investigators have yet to find any signs of trauma.. We are following this story closely

Talked with an officer with Horry Police who confirmed the remains found today were human. Exposed to elements for " at least 5 years"

Above BBM: Am I the only one who finds this statement ludicrous? HTH would they know whether there was trauma, other than a broken bone, 4-5 years later? I can't even know how they would know that it was 5 years, then 4-5 years, this early on. I would think the easiest part would be telling whether the remains are male or female (I guess depending on how many remains they found). Doesn't forensic testing of this type take weeks to determine?

I've never been back that way... I can go scope it out soon.

If you do go there be very careful!!!!!
And take someone with you.
It could be a place...well, it could be dangerous....

Pleaaaaase be careful. And do not post when you are going! And be careful about people pming you to "meet up" to "help search". And please don't go at night. :)

Do you know of a link or contact that could maybe provide an educated guess of percentage of homeowners vs rentals vs foreclosures vs hotel/motel space?

I know citydata can give crime rates but alot of times it's off. I'm looking for a real time crime map for Dec for Horry County.

I can ask my husband !

Foxfire, I'm curious, IF this is what it could be (you know what I mean), do you have any ideas to support if he is local (like ARS) vs a traveler (like IK). TIA

Great mention on the foreclosures!!! Which houses may be sitting empty around there right now?!

Did they find those 2 guys on the run yet from the 707 incident?

Question, if Heather had her "gps" enabled on her phone, is it possible for this to be reviewed? This would be different from "pinging", right? Obviously LE will review this gps evidence if it exists, but I'm just wondering if it is even possible to do this, and if LE might have access to this information (which we are not privy, too.) I would think IF there was anything of value (say, evidence she went to a fast food joint), they would release this information in hopes that someone might have seen something, but you never know. LE's silence almost makes me wonder if they have a POI they are not telling us about. jmo

The guys on the run from the 707 incident have literally not been on the news since!

So, back to the "possible" model mayhem connection. It'll be worth checking out if this photographer(s) has a record. There are some cases here on WS that could possibly be linked to model mayhem (for example, Kara Nichols).

Can someone fill me in on the 2 guys from 707?

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

There is a quite a bit of discussion / information on this in Thread 1 including photos, articles, links to realtime SM posts, etc if you have time to check it out.

In a nutshell, there are 2 robbery suspects on the run who were involved in a car accident in the vicinity the day before Heather went missing.

No obvious trauma would mean gunshots, knife wounds, etc...jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CKS