SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:
There are rumors circulating she's been found? Is someone getting nervous? imo. That's some strangeness.

Heather's father posted on findheatherelvis' FB page two hours ago and that didn't seem to be the case. The couple managing the FB page would post it I feel sure, they're really on top of it.

One thing I forgot to mention is this:

Pure speculation here, but since the car was askew and facing the water, I wonder if someone tried to tie off the wheel and block the accelerator to send the car into the water, but they didn't know how to do it properly and the car was left as it was found. Had it worked, the car may not have been found for a while.

PS: How do I find the scanner thread?

Great idea, could be. This hadn't crossed my mind for some reason, duh.

You know a lot of good information or know where to get it. I applaud you on that sir.

Thanx for the kind words, jkloc420.. 'Awareness is the key to Public Safety'.. Without public Safety for our families, we have nothing..

This BBM amazes me;

Websleuths Stats
Members: 66,377
Threads: 191,753
Top Poster: scrapbooker (340,123)
Welcome to our newest member, Alpha

Thanx for the kind words, jkloc420.. 'Awareness is the key to Public Safety'.. Without public Safety for our families, we have nothing..

This BBM amazes me;

Websleuths Stats
<respectfully snipped>

Cool!

Carolyn Callahan &#8207;@carolyncallahan 1h
Horry County Police say the bones that have been found, have been in the area for years. #sctweets

Horry County Police say skeletal remains have been found scattered in a wooded area. Officers cannot confirm remains are human #sctweets

I LE are pretty sure that the remains are human re: www.wistv.com
Perhaps BD?

This BBM amazes me;

Websleuths Stats
Threads: 191,753
Top Poster: scrapbooker (340,123)
Welcome to our newest member, Alpha

One thing I have always thought is they should teach self defense classes in high school.

Just read there will be a foot search tomorrow that will begin at 9 am. They're asking volunteers to go to Peachtree Landing. This was posted on the Findheather Elvis FB page. Also helicopters, horseback atv's foot soldiers, kayaks, boats and an ultralight were used today in the search for Heather.
It's raining now, I hope it stops so the searchers can make headway tomorrow.

Just a reminder to any volunteer searchers: If you see something potentially suspicious, try not to contaminate the evidence or crime scene area in any way!

Thank you to everyone out searching!

Horry County Police say the bones that have been found, have been in the area for years. #sctweets

Horry County Police say skeletal remains have been found scattered in a wooded area. Officers cannot confirm remains are human #sctweets

Just a procedural thing, imo.. The remains have to be verified by a forensic anthropologist. Prayers, that is one of the missing. The not knowing is the worse.. There is never closure for the families, but locating the remains of missing loved ones allows them to begin the grieving process..and hopefully the catalyst for receiving justice if foul play was involved...

Anthropology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A forensic anthropologist can assist in the identification of deceased individuals whose remains are decomposed, burned, mutilated or otherwise unrecognizable.

Question: what hotels, truck stops and rest stops are in the areas? TIA.

6.) HE was last seen at 2am at her condo. WHO saw her? WHERE did they see her? In her condo? In the parking lot? In her car? With someone else? ...Which, to me doesn't even make sense! If you think about it, if she was last seen in her condo, that would mean someone actually saw her INSIDE her condo, right? See what I mean?

Bold by me - I believe 2 am is the last time someone spoke to Heather. It was reported in the media that she phoned her mother sometime around that hour to let her know she was back from her date. (I have also seen the hour reported as 12:00 midnight, and 1 am was mentioned by a local poster.)

But by all accounts that I have heard, it was not an actual sighting.

Great comment, btw! :)

Thanks @Truth Prevails!

From HE Missing Poster:
'On or about December 17th, 2013 Heather R. Elvis age 20 was last heard from around 3:00am. Her last known location was at 2:00am near 541 Whitewater Drive just off River Okas Drive in Myrtle Beach S.C. Her car a Dark Green 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked in Socastee S.C. at Peachtree Landing'

Ok, so last seen vs. last known location. There's certainly a difference. Thanks for clearing up that detail! The latter proves even less certainty doesn't it? Then, my question would be: Who can prove her last known location? Her "date"? Her "phone"? Her "computer" (most certainly)? If not, then it certainly throws the timeline off. [Without being able to verify her computer history, this is still only conjecture, but probable that she was on her own computer at home at 2am.] Probably how she is actually placed there by LE.

I posted this on 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM #462:
Also, looking at the RSS time stamps, she posted 10 times between 01:53:05 and 02:09:48 on Wed, 18 Dec 2013 [putting her at home in front of her computer - ?]

see http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10069556&postcount=462

at that time of night would be either walmart on seaboard or walmart in carolina forest. probably leaning more towards seaboard street walmart. checking the parking lot cameras wouldn't be a bad idea, just incase right?

You'd be amazed how many times Walmart ends up being a factor in some of these cases, in some way or another. jmo

Question: what hotels, truck stops and rest stops are in the areas? TIA.

There are hundreds of hotels in the area, being that it is a tourist city. No truck stops immediately nearby. Florence would be the closest, I believe.

More brainstorming: any caves, old military underground bunkers, tunnels, etc that locals might know about? (Not sure if this is even possible in that swampy terrain, but just mentioning it FWIW.)

What about hunting cabins, deer leases, etc?

Sinkholes?

Hopefully the family of another missing person will get some answers soon.

Hopefully, K.jill...

Morgan Harrington's family speak out about daughter's body being found
12:23 PM, Jan 28, 2010

"For the first time in 101 days I'm not thinking every minute, what is he doing to my daughter now?" says Gil.

The family made it a point from almost the beginning to never hide their feelings.

"I wanted it to be clear when you see us that our pain has been etched in our faces. Our sorrow has been carved into our hearts," says Gil.

While state police flew them over the property where a farmer found their daughter, Gil Harrington seemed to say they have seen Morgan's remains.

Gil says, "Having seen, I can tell you that girl had lovely bones."

Gil Harrington has used a metaphor before describing her family as going from a table with four legs down to a tripod with three. She used that metaphor at a press conference, too.

She says, "We will move on. We will find a way to be a family of three. You all have these tripods. They hold things. They're not as stable as a table but we can make a tripod work."
<sniped-read more>

Thanks @Truth Prevails!

From HE Missing Poster:
'On or about December 17th, 2013 Heather R. Elvis age 20 was last heard from around 3:00am. Her last known location was at 2:00am near 541 Whitewater Drive just off River Okas Drive in Myrtle Beach S.C. Her car a Dark Green 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked in Socastee S.C. at Peachtree Landing'

Ok, so last seen vs. last known location. There's certainly a difference. Thanks for clearing up that detail! The latter proves even less certainty doesn't it? Then, my question would be: Who can prove her last known location? Her "date"? Her "phone"? Her "computer" (most certainly)? If not, then it certainly throws the timeline off. [Without being able to verify her computer history, this is still only conjecture, but probable that she was on her own computer at home at 2am.] Probably how she is actually placed there by LE.

I posted this on 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM #462:

see http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10069556&postcount=462
They have reported that she was last seen by members of her family on Tuesday afternoon, when she dropped by her parent's home to pick up her mail.

Now that information is from early on, so hopefully they have something more now, but are not releasing it.

I do have a feeling that she made it to her condo after being out earlier--I'm not sure when she would have left, though.

I wonder if she grabbed a couple of hours sleep, and went out in the morning?

With no firm time or even day, on when her car arrived at the boat docking area, it so hard to tell.

A question for locals:

Tidewater Rd.,the location of the bones found this weekend. What is the land like here? Is it near homes, businesses? Well traveled or almost no one would go hike in the woods here?
What was it like 5 or 10 years ago?

MORE JMO, BRAINSTORMING AND SPECULATION TO FOLLOW:

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the threads for a couple of days now in ref to HE. I had trouble registering; thank you mods for the help.
With that said I would like to respectively correct some local information that has been posted. I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. My aunt owns the home over looking the river at the very end of Peachtree Rd on the left if you are at the water from the landing. They have owned this property for several generations. There is a lot of land to the left of the boat landing that just looks like woods but there are many homes right there; you can get a better look on Google Earth. Also I have owned boats my entire life and know the water in this area as well as the roads. From Peachtree landing you go left and follow the river around to the Intracoastal Waterway (a/b a ten minute ride) or go right and it winds around to Conway (a/b a 30 minute ride). There are many, many homes along both routes. These waters near Peachtree are heavily traveled not only during the summer but also now with fishermen (small boats not big vessels ie. shrimp boats) and hunters.
Peachtree Rd is not one way in one way out. You can take Mill Pond Rd which winds back around west to Hwy 544 and off Mill Pond Rd you can get on Hwy 814. Also the jurisdiction of the HE case is Horry County PD. Socastee is actually Myrtle Beach 29588 but is not in the city limits. River Oaks is not considered Carolina Forest, it's West Myrtle Beach. CF is approx. 4 miles west toward Conway. Again just wanted to clarify.

Can somebody please be so kind to grab a screenshot map of Peachtree, and how the road winds around to Conway, 30 minute ride, as posted upstream by MBnative? I know there has been absolutely no confirmation that Conway is a factor here, but this direct route, among some other things (awareness space, distance, etc.), makes me inclined to want to look into Conway further. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel