SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't see her condo from the apartment construction but someone could have seen her. And if these workers are non locals and just here for this project, which is possible... there's a possibility they could be living in her development.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What I was thinking.

Also, somebody working on a construction project but maybe living up the waterway could still be a stranger to Heather but also be very acquainted with the area & boat ramps. The perp could have driven his boat near the landing, went to Heather's for the sake of abducting her, then taken her in her own car to the boat ramp for escape & whatever else. Easily achievable with a bike. There's even bikes that fold in half. Only brainstorming but showing its feasible.

Not sure of when this was published: http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime1.aspx

Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach has the highest total rate of crime in the nation, due to a high rate of violent crime and the nation's highest rate of property crime. In particular, the rates of assault, burglary, and larceny are particularly high.

Probably already been mentioned, but that last tumblr blog shared by her at 1-2AM the night of her disappearance could indicate someone who was going to harm herself. She seems like a deep thinker trapped in a 'party girl' lifestyle, which could spawn identity issues and depression. Hope she is found safe.

I can not imagine why there would be rumors of that either! Unless someone was getting scared that they were getting close to something.. Those calls/tips need to be looked into.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

I think from what I can gather that some of the posters were taken down resulting in rumours that HE had been found and so other people started to take down other posters. A vicious circle really. Its interesting that the same comment was posted last night too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I so wish i could say more in relation to the town and county we live in , but the comment someone said earlier "good ole boys " way of doing things is exactly right! Maybe one day it will come out, the truth behind the government. In the meantime things like this go on and the citizens are helpless!

We are NOT HELPLESS, so let's take it up several notches folks! There is a good deal of Social Media sharing going on for Heather Elvis, and I think we should kick it up as much as we possibly can. I see Heather Elvis shares on Myrtle Beach FB pages, South Carolina FB pages, etc. Let's continue that, aiming right for the source and let's share like crazy! We have Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Livejournal, etc. We've got Social Media links everywhere. Let's use these outlets to the fullest and ask all our friends to do the same!
This hush-hush crap has to end. I can't think of a better time than now, to make more noise than ever! Who's with me?

Not sure of when this was published: http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime1.aspx

Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach has the highest total rate of crime in the nation, due to a high rate of violent crime and the nation's highest rate of property crime. In particular, the rates of assault, burglary, and larceny are particularly high.

rizzo0904, there has been many instances of deep sixing of true crime statistics in the USA. The term was coined due to it being a common practice among LEAs. This is done for political as well as commerce reason$... Imo, this is why there is at least a minimum of eight unsolved missing/murdered persons investigations in Horry Co, SC....

Atlanta Chief Calls His City The Most Dangerous in Nation

02/21/2004
Atlanta police chief says his city falsified crime reports

(Chief of the Atlanta Police Department in Atlanta, Georgia from 2002 to 2009)
Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington criticized his department for routinely underreporting crime over the past eight years, and warned that Atlanta is actually the most dangerous city in America.
View the full story. Then see the crime rates Atlanta reported and judge for yourself..

Police underreport crime routinely, he says in releasing a highly critical audit. The department is pushing for more funds.

By Ellen Barry, Los Angeles Times

ATLANTA — Chief Richard Pennington, releasing an audit of police practices Friday, warned that Atlanta is the most dangerous city in America and criticized his department for routinely underreporting crime.

The independent report covers the years prior to Atlanta's 1996 Summer Olympics through Pennington's tenure as chief, which began in 2002. It described "a broken police department" that, during a period when officials here were concerned about the city's image as a tourist destination, discarded crime records and improperly closed cases.
<sniped - read more>

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime6.aspx

15xk0t3.jpg

Here is a shot from Google Earth. Peachtree Landing is on the extreme right. One of those floating shacks I posted about earlier is on the extreme left (red arrow added by me).

ver6f6.jpg

Here is a shot of the relative proximity of the gravel quarry (upper right) to the Landing (extreme left).

15xk0t3.jpg

Here is a shot from Google Earth. Peachtree Landing is on the extreme right. One of those floating shacks I posted about earlier is on the extreme left (red arrow added by me).

What the date on this photo from google Earth.

rml940.jpg

Relative locations and distances along Peachtree Road. HE's parents neighborhood is just off extreme bottom right corner for reference.

Just a thought..since the flyers say 10pm Tuesday could she have met her date there?

'Food for thought'-
Many violent felons and serial predators are becoming more aware of investigative strategies, techniques, as well as (CSI)forensics, etc. Imo, in many cases the sexual predators/serial killers of today are much more elusive than those of the past..and their numbers are much higher than previously thought..
The FBI estimates that there are between 50 & 75 active predators/SKs in the USA at any given time.
It wasn't until 2009 when the FBI Highway/Trucker serial killer initiative was launched..

Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

The analyst and a police colleague from the Grapevine, Texas Police Department referred these cases to our Violent Criminal Apprehension Program, or ViCAP, where our analysts looked at other records in our database to see if there were similar patterns of highway killings elsewhere.

Turns out there were. So we launched an extensive effort to support our state and local partners with open investigations into highway murders.

Today, we&#8217;re publicly announcing our Highway Serial Killings initiative to raise awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about this issue and our unique assistance on these cases.

Enter FBI BAU2 ViCAP, part of our National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime and a national repository for violent crimes. The database&#8212;which contains information on homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains&#8212;is available to law enforcement throughout the country over a secure Internet link on our Law Enforcement Online (LEO).

ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects.
See Map: This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years.
<sniped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member