SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I do agree with is the oddity that HE would go all the way to the end of Peachtree Rd at 3am in the morning of her own free will.

Another thing to remember (and the locals will back me on this) is the fact that Myrtle Beach and Horry County are run by the "good old boys" and any blemish like kidnappings, murders, unsolved crimes and rapes might cause the tourists to stop visiting. So, these things are kept as quiet as possible. And by and large, the local media tends to follow the same MO. They tend to let negative stories drift off into oblivion.

Its sad, actually.
I'll add that the media here is lazy unless it pertains to Myrtle. Manor which I find right down disgusting. I want to know what's going on in my surroundings. I used to work in Conway, I've watched trials and seen what comes and goes out of there, the media could report from there 5 days a week and have a field day but they don't bother. They don't press for answers and they don't dig like other reporters. They don't have the publics best interest/safety at heart.

This media report mentions information specific to HE's cellphone activity. Note, the journalist doesn't use the word "ping," but this is interesting, nonetheless, :twocents:

Respectfully snipped and BBM:

Reward increases, more billboards up for missing Socastee woman Heather Elvis
BY AMANDA KELLEY
akelley@thesunnews.com

December 27, 2013

(snip)

Elvis’ family says she was last heard from around 3 a.m. Dec. 18, after the 20-year-old went on a date.
Her cellphone gave out its last signal around that time, and her car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing on Dec. 19.

Read more here:
http://www.thestate.com/2013/12/27/3178577/search-for-missing-horry-county.html

Many, many thanks to all the locals for helping us WSers explore the geographical and regional circumstances of the area. It is vitally important to get a "feel" for Heather's situation.

Ditto, Wondergirl.. It is also very important for locals to get involved in the advocacy groups/SAR orgs of the Silent Epidemic of missing/murdered persons in their communities, for public safety awareness. As John Walsh says, 'you can make a difference'..

It's beginning to get scary living in Myrtle Beach.. I've never been more afraid to walk outside of my job at night to take out the trash. There's too many cases now. Unsolved cases! It's too deep..

We need Heather found!

I wish I could say that fear goes away...it hasn't for me. Don't think it ever will. jmo

You better have your head on a swivel, a gun in your pocket, or be with 5 friends if you visit the Seaboard Walmart after 10pm.

Same thing if you decide to take a walk on our "family" beaches after 11pm.

I'm sorry it seems off topic, and I apologize to the mods.

But, in many ways it is on-topic. There is a huge seedy criminal underground here in Horry County.

Its not the family, friendly, wholesome city and area the politicians and tourist-dependent entities want you to believe it is.

I couldn't agree more with this.

As mentioned, many crimes in the county go unreported and it was an absolute cesspool for crime when I lived there. As many times as I walked home from a bar or the beach at all different hours of the night alone, I am surprised that I never ran into any trouble despite the fact that I'm not a small man.

It's an aspect of the area that shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

I also do not think that Heather drove herself to the place her car was found. IMO, I believe that whatever happened to her happened somewhere other than where her car ended up. Again just my opinion. Like many, if not most of you here, I'm pretty sure that the perp is a local but am not necessarily convinced that it was someone she knew. Just my opinion.

Hey all. Another local here and new to WS. I don't know all the abbreviations and stuff yet, but I'll learn. I've been reading for about 3 days, but I had trouble registering.

Some general info/corrections I can make related to things I've seen posted. The subdivision where HE lived prior to moving to River Oaks was built in the early 2000's. She attended St. James High School. Had she remained at her previous address, she would've gone to a different high school.

Regarding the landing where her car was found, I know of at least two occasions where people drove right off the boat ramp and into the water. One of them was killed, the other wandered to a nearby house. (Am I supposed to cite sources on these?)

If HE wanted to go out for food in the middle of the night, her apartment is very close to the Burger King at Coastal Grand Mall and not far from the Wendy's on Hwy 17 near Myrtle Waves. Also, the Wal-Mart is a sketchy place at night, even though many of us locals go there after hours. There was a shooting there on Black Friday a few years ago.

My theory is that she was either lured out of her apartment and abducted, or abducted from a business close to her apartment. I think the car was a pure dump by someone who knew the area well enough to know of the landing.

One of my guesses on why LE and searchers have focused so much on the water is that the Waccamaw River has a number of little floating shacks moored on little backwaters all over the place. They are the local equivalent of ice fishing shacks, but with no ice (obviously). If you pull of Google Earth, there are a few of them visible not too far from the landing.

Finally, I hope LE searched the abandoned amusement park very near her apartment.

Welcome Dmiller70 and thank you for your local insight. :)

:welcome:

Could the perp live in the mobile home park next to where the car was found? Dump the car...walk home.

Could the perp live in the mobile home park next to where the car was found? Dump the car...walk home.

OR have relatives/parent(s) that live in the area that may or may not have been home at the time? Or additional property that may be vacant?

I considered that too. I also wondered if people often go there to fish. I noticed in one of the google shots that someone is sitting in a chair and maybe fishing from the edge.

I'll add that the media here is lazy unless it pertains to Myrtle. Manor which I find right down disgusting. I want to know what's going on in my surroundings. I used to work in Conway, I've watched trials and seen what comes and goes out of there, the media could report from there 5 days a week and have a field day but they don't bother. They don't press for answers and they don't dig like other reporters. They don't have the publics best interest/safety at heart.

'Beba, I LUV this Quote by Criminal Profiler Pat Brown'…

We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled.

It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetence, and error? We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens.

Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state is the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution...

Sorry. Don't know how to turn it. I'm heading to the hospital so.I won't be able to figure out what's going on with my videos until tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Awesome, thank you, Ashley. :)

<someone needs to put a "2" over the "1" (reward=$20,000 now)>

Where were those sunglasses found that were thought to have been Brittanee Drexel's?

I so wish i could say more in relation to the town and county we live in , but the comment someone said earlier "good ole boys " way of doing things is exactly right! Maybe one day it will come out, the truth behind the government. In the meantime things like this go on and the citizens are helpless!

Do you know of a link or contact that could maybe provide an educated guess of percentage of homeowners vs rentals vs foreclosures vs hotel/motel space?

I know citydata can give crime rates but alot of times it's off. I'm looking for a real time crime map for Dec for Horry County.

Wondering if there's any construction going on in that area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel